Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3Club - Developing a GSR induction kit with Torque7

Hi guys,

Torque7 have been in touch to ask if we can assist them in making a GSR induction kits for the DS3. They will be along to let you guys know what he needs and how we can help out.

TORQUE 7 LTD is a UK based international company, which currently is the only official distributor of GSR Engineering products. We not only distribute and sell such time proven GSR products like GSR Induction kits and water hoses, but we also constantly invest into new product development and range widening.

Our goal is to provide such products, that not only will increase the performance of your vehicle, but will make it more efficient as well!

This is the one that we on C2Club know well - http://www.torque7.co/Citroen_C2_ind...0_8608110.aspx

I thought it would be a great start if you guys could bounce some ideas around, which engine you feel would benefit this etc so the guys can use this thread as another resource for the development.

I've sent them a list of engines and information.

The guys at Torque7 are online as a Trader and will be along to answer questions and let you know what they need from you guys to help get this on the market.

Edit - of course there will be something in it for anyone who could be a test car and then after for DS3Club members who order
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

*Pick me*

Sounds like a great idea!

Looking forward to seeing what happens !
    Aka:
    Alex

:ds3:
    Blue Phoenix
    DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Had a few in mind I thought would volunteer first
      My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Right. First of all let me introduce myself - my name is Arthur and I currently run Torque 7 ltd. I would like to thank the site owner for this amasing opportunity that was given to us! I hope that all your help we could be able to develop a great line of old school air intake revisions for the DS3, like it was done a long time ago with the C2.
        Some of you might know, some might not, that for some time now we have moved our production facility outside UK. This radical change has enabled us to produce kits within one week (rather than a month or even more, like it was in the old days) and keep most of the highly demanded ones in stock (previously we never kept anything in stock).
        However, this relocation has it's drawbacks. One of them is the development of new kits for relatively new cars (up to 5 years old), as the DS3. Since there are only up to 20 DS3 locally, it is very hard to come accross one, and even harder or nearly impossible to talk someone in to lend their car for mod testing. I think you can imagine it already...
        So with the help of this sites owner I was encouraged to go ahead and ask you guys and gals for help. So here it goes:

First of all, I need to determine if all 5 engines (1.2, 1.4, 1.6, 1.6 turbo THP and the 1.6 HDI) could at least be groupped into fewer groupped - well obviously the HDI and the petrols are different. but what I'm talking about is that are for example the 1.2, 1.4 and 1.6 non turbo the same (like in the C2 case, if some remember) or are their intakes completely different?

For a start - may I get some clear underbonnet pictures of each of the 5 engines (I presume Citroen did not make the 3 different power HDI versions completelly different from each other? Same with the 1.6 THP?). This would help us to at least get to know the layout of components in these engines and see what can be done and what could not.

Comment

More than happy to help. I'll be picking up a new 2015 1.6 165thp very shortly.
          2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Welcome Arthur!

Are you looking for pictures of the engine bay as a whole or are there particular parts of the engine you'd like members to grab a better part of? i.e. the air filter housing and it's surrounds?
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

More than happy to help I have s 90 HDI
              http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
              2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
              DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Same here, I have one of the original 2010 1.6 THP's
                DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

I have an eHDI 115 DSport+ and will be good to help where I can, if you confirm what types or areas of photos you want I can post them up
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, first of all I'd like to get a picture of the whole engine bay and it's layout (not the individual components. These will be required later). I've tried google but in some cases it is not clear what particular model is the picture from.
                    If you guys could post a pic of your engine bay with a description of what model year and how many stock bhp's - that would be great
                    Thank you lads!

Comment

DS3Club - Developing a GSR induction kit with Torque7

Originally posted by Torque7 View Post
                      Well, first of all I'd like to get a picture of the whole engine bay and it's layout (not the individual components. These will be required later). I've tried google but in some cases it is not clear what particular model is the picture from.
                      If you guys could post a pic of your engine bay with a description of what model year and how many stock bhp's - that would be great
                      Thank you lads!
                      2011. 90 bhp hdi remapped to 129 bhp

Last edited by MARK.A; 24-04-2015, 22:19.
                      http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                      2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                      DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

That's exactly what I asked for! Thanks!
                        We have a 90 HDI, now what about other engines - petrols, where you at?

Comment

Will post pics of 2012 reg 110 hdi come lunchtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Torque7 View Post
                            We have a 90 HDI, now what about other engines - petrols, where you at?
                            Its not like them to let the diesels take over!
                            My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

While you're at it, perhaps you could take a snap of the fresh air inlet location, which feeds the air to the OE filter?
                              Looking at the 90hp HDI pics, currently I see a problem - it has an AFM and it's location is very poor (for us). I don't want to move the AFM from it's original place because it might create problems for the engine ECU. And at the moment, I can't see a good solution for an air filter location on this engine... I'm still working on it though...

Comment

Working...
                              X