No announcement yet.

DS3Club - Developing a GSR induction kit with Torque7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just ordered the original intake hose for a HDI DS3 at the local Citroen dealer for reference and as a template. It should arrive at the end of next week so I hope to have a full intake solution somewhere in mid May.
    P.S. was surprized by the cheap price of that thing! I think that's the cheapest new original intake hose I bought over the years ))

Comment

Originally posted by Torque7 View Post
      I've just ordered the original intake hose for a HDI DS3 at the local Citroen dealer for reference and as a template. It should arrive at the end of next week so I hope to have a full intake solution somewhere in mid May.
      P.S. was surprized by the cheap price of that thing! I think that's the cheapest new original intake hose I bought over the years ))
      Happy days awaiting mid May then
      http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
      2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
      DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Me too ! Looking forward to helping with this
        sigpic

Comment

I will have the 165thp on Saturday so can post some photos over the Bank Holiday weekend for you.
          2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Show off
            sigpic

Comment

I'm Game, Do Something Cool With The THP

Comment

Originally posted by MARK.A View Post
                Happy days awaiting mid May then
                I think today would be mid May?.....
                Aka:
                Alex

:ds3:
                Blue Phoenix
                DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Originally posted by XanderCage13 View Post
                  I think today would be mid May?.....
                  Yes it is. And I've received the long awaited pipe only a few hours ago. It will be a busy weekend for me
                  One question - can someone measure the outer diameter on both Air Flow Meter's (MAF's) ends, please?

Thank you

Comment

Haven't a clue, I'm sure someone will pop up with the info shortly...
                    Aka:
                    Alex

:ds3:
                    Blue Phoenix
                    DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Done. A sleepless weekend which involved loads of welding, cutting, grinding, thinking, welding, cutting and finally creating has now ended and the result is here - a ready to be installed kit fir the HDI DS3!
                      The drag and drop does not work on my mobile for some reason, so no pictures until tomorrow.
                      The kit is now boxed and ready to be sent out to the one who would be so kind enough to test it. So who's it gonna be?

Comment

DS3Club - Developing a GSR induction kit with Torque7

Done. A sleepless weekend which involved loads of welding, cutting, grinding, thinking, welding, cutting and finally creating has now ended and the result is here - a ready to be installed kit fir the HDI DS3!
                        The drag and drop does not work on my mobile for some reason, so no pictures until tomorrow.
                        The kit is now boxed and ready to be sent out to the one who would be so kind enough to test it. So who's it gonna be?
                        Yeah well done really interested in this
                        If you download. Tapatalk you can place picture straight from phone /tablet gallery I was the first to send you engine pictures so hopefully you will pick me and my cars already far from standard already I'm actually 40 mins from you I'm willing to come to you so we can do a quite on fittment and I can be with you first thing in morning at your premises off work all day tomorrow
                        Last edited by MARK.A; 17-05-2015, 22:58.
                        2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Here are the pics of the assembled kit. Assembled means that it will be like this on a car, held in between by the MAF.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150517_204325.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	359492Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150517_204419.jpg
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	359491

Comment

Sorry for the mess on the desk - when these pics were taken, it was about 1:30AM local time and I have just done the job. There is a picture comparing the lower hose to the original one.
                            In general, I have done a "lip" on the turbo edge as we do on all turbo applications, same "lip" has been done on the MAF intake side. The only thing I'm not sure about is if the twin cone filter will fit in the tight engine bay, that's why I made the filter end a bit longer. If the length is not required, it can be cut to a required lenght. Last pic shows the kit boxed and ready to be sent out to one lucky chap

Mark.A - you might have missed out on my first post - the production of these takes place OUTSIDE UK That's the main reason I asked for DS3 forum members help, as to source a DS3 locally for such a purpose is nearly impossible I can send the kit over to you anyway. Just will you be able to test it? And obviously, if it fits - it's on the house
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150518_011554.jpg
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	359495Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150518_010544.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	359494Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150518_010608.jpg
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	359493Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150518_010625.jpg
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	359496

Comment

Sorry for the mess on the desk - when these pics were taken, it was about 1:30AM local time and I have just done the job. There is a picture comparing the lower hose to the original one.
                              In general, I have done a "lip" on the turbo edge as we do on all turbo applications, same "lip" has been done on the MAF intake side. The only thing I'm not sure about is if the twin cone filter will fit in the tight engine bay, that's why I made the filter end a bit longer. If the length is not required, it can be cut to a required lenght. Last pic shows the kit boxed and ready to be sent out to one lucky chap

Mark.A - you might have missed out on my first post - the production of these takes place OUTSIDE UK That's the main reason I asked for DS3 forum members help, as to source a DS3 locally for such a purpose is nearly impossible I can send the kit over to you anyway. Just will you be able to test it? And obviously, if it fits - it's on the house
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]11083[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11082[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11081[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11084[/ATTACH]
                              Oh ok yeah I missed that then thank you I will send you a private msg on forum with my address. [emoji3]

Comment

Private message sent through forum thank you look in notifications at top of page . I will also do a detailed fitting guide to put up on the forum with lots of pictures which you will also be able more than welcome to use to aid fitting with your kits once compleated
                                again thank you
                                looking forward to this going to be awesome
                                Last edited by MARK.A; 18-05-2015, 05:59.

Comment

Working...
                                X