This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not what you know, it's who...

Not that I'm not always thinking about the forum.... But I was thinking about things this weekend and how awesome we are collectively. With over 5k members we have a great collection of members and between us we pretty much know everything and everything right?

So I thought we could have a thread that we can either offer and service, skill, qualification and so on in or that people can post and ask questions.

For example, if you had a work based question I'm sure we have people with an HR background (including myself)

If you needed a gardener and you live in Dorset, ask if anyone is local or knows of anyone.

This would be for more off topic questions we don't already have on here. And people could post there skill sets, if they know people with a certain skill or knowledge.

So for example. You can ask me questions about:
    • Gardening and plants - I worked at a garden centre for 8 years
    • Charity work, fundraising volunteering and Animal Rescue - I worked at an animal Charity for 8 years
    • Social Media and PR - Worked in PR for the charity and still work with this platform for the clubs. My Sister also works in Marketing and PR as has my Dad for many years
    • I know a guy with a beard that knows about computers, website hosting and webpage tech and info
    • Cupcakes
    • Sewing
    • Fancy Dress
    • Events and parties
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Great idea. Although I'm not sure I'd be a valuable resource to anyone...
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

What! you are the go to guy for lego questions!
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Sounds like a great idea, Joni
        Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
        Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

I'm in construction so can help with anything construction / engineering or project related.

I know a thing or 2 about DS3's too, aswell as being a self-confessed wheel geek...

Also been told I'm pretty good in the bedroom. You know, building wardrobes, beds, cupboards, draws etc - I'm a pretty hands on type of person.

Comment

By day, i fix other peoples problems on the World Wide Web. Hosting questions, mates rates, general computer queries I can probably find you a solution.

By night, I help a few locals with the odd bit of care work. If you, or somebody close to you has a child with a disability in the North West; My Mum runs a charity that helps families with disabled children get out together to places around the country.

Drop me a PM if I could be assistance with anything
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Obviously if you need any advice on keeping your car clean and protected then I am always available for advice and guidance. Full details, corrections, protections, interiors, engine and alloy details and maintenance washes are always offered at reasonable prices.

Away from the forum, if you know anybody that has been the victim of a financial type of fraud whether third party or identity theft and you need advice then don't hesitate to send me a PM.
              Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 13-10-2014, 19:40.
              Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
              Take a pride in your ride
              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I lead such a boring life compared to you guys! I work in payroll and tax if that helps anybody!

I'm also pretty good at cooking and baking especially cakes and cupcakes... ��
                Instagram Hannah291189

Comment

Can't see many people that I can help but anyone with a helicopter problem Uh 60, Ch47, S92 little bit of S434. Also pretty good with car suspension and all things mechanical. Love to get my hands dirty!

Comment

Not far off from getting my next PT qualification, so if anyone needs any advice on training, nutrition or anything else fitness related then fire away and I'll do my best to help!

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                      Can't see many people that I can help but anyone with a helicopter problem Uh 60, Ch47, S92 little bit of S434. Also pretty good with car suspension and all things mechanical. Love to get my hands dirty!
                      Saw either one of the UH60s or an S92 in military green flying over Liverpool City centre today at about 11.45am. Looked and sounded fantastic and was quite low. Looking at at Google images it looked more like an S92. Have these replaced the Sea Kings now?
                      Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                      Take a pride in your ride
                      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Uk is using them for search and rescue. Also used mainly for offshore oil work.

Comment

If anyone needs any help with MS Office then shout. Pretty advanced in all areas except Access... but can cope with basics. Excel very advamced. Any SAP questions welcome too.
                          Starting out in Business Objects as well.

Other than that... tour management, photography, social media etc.
                          2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Give me photography/camera questions. It's what I did at uni and work in now.
                            May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                            October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                            Instagram @adamds3

Comment

I have a particular set of skills, skills i have developed over years of dealing with people like you. Fighting crime from behind my desk, murdering one keyboard warrior after the next. If there comes a time that these skills are required, use a search light and beam a giant Penis into the sky. That way i will be there! (If H doesnt eat it first)
                              Roxie the GT - Progress Thread
                              Instagram: @iamjokeri
                              Facebook: Sean Kidd

Comment

Working...
                              X