This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soran View Post
    Any item of clothing or pair of shoes you buy should be of reasonable quality, with no damage such as missing buttons, holes, stains etc. The items should be fit for the purposes intended

You should be able to argue this point, as long as they don't look like you have run a couple of marathons in them, in which case they will put it down to wear and tear.

Also, if the sole on a pair of shoes comes away after a few weeks of normal wear, they probably weren't of satisfactory quality when you bought them, so use this point as well.

I gave up after they said:

Hello Joni,

I have run the photos past my manager. She has advised that there is no known faults with this style of shoe and from what she can see from the photos the soles coming away from the upper shoe looks like it has been caused by wear and tear as opposed to a fault. Unfortunately on this occasion I am unable to offer a replacement or refund on this item.

I replied with:
    Hi,

I fully appreciate that there is no known fault. But surely this isn't a standard to set against if one pair does fall apart? I also appreciate that wear and tear would cause this to happen, but not after 2 months. If it was also wear and tear, then why is it only one trainer that has fallen apart? I'm pretty sure that like most people, for every left step I take, a right step is followed, meaning each shoe has even amount of use. Depending of course which foot I step out of the house on. It could be that it has been the right foot for the past two months, and that one has had one extra step per day than the left. So that's about 60 steps more than the left over the last two months.

I know the glitter coming away on the left shoe is wear and tear. Glitter stuck to shoe, sole sticks to glitter, glitter comes away from shoe. Its the fact the stitching has undone and the sole of the shoe is hanging off on the right one. Enough room for a LEGO man to get trapped in the gap between the shoe and the sole (see attached) He looks about as happy as I am about this.

My last pair of Osiris lasted 2 years, so I thought these would at least live up the standards set by my last pair.

I'm not one to make complaints, being British I know this is hard to believe. But I was gutted when these fell apart after such a short time and thought this one time I thought it was a worthy reason.

I'd appreciate it it you would at least reconsider what has actually happened and if there is anything that could be done.

From less a glittery footed Joni

To which I have heard nothing and got bored.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

You could send a letter quoting the sale of goods act, like this one:
      http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/theonesho...a_letter_1.doc

Or you could say that your friend indywoodpromos will Tweet about the case to his 140k+ trainer wearing followers.
      sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
      Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

I'm an IT support bod at work. I'm mostly a Windows girl but I'm getting more confident with Linux (most comfortable with Debian-based flavours but know bits about RedHat too) and OS X.

Outside of work related stuff, I can certainly be asked questions about small animals (rodents mostly - have had chinchillas for 16 years and hamsters on and off for 20, but also looked after guinea pigs and know a bit about rabbit care too) and if I don't know the answer, I have a good group of people I can ask. I think that's all really, I'm not very useful!
        Last edited by Kat; 17-10-2014, 13:56.
        Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
        Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

For me by training a Mech / Prod Engineer, but migrated into IT 20 year ago. Local site IT support / management for a larger multi-national. Hobbies are that I review smartphones and run www.smartphonegurus.com.

So IT and phone queries for me I guess.
          Daron Brewood

DS3 Sport Plus - 'Yellow Hawk'
          CEO smartphonegurus.com
          Phone: HTC One, Nokia Lumia 920 / 925
          Cars:
          Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

I'm great at dealing with drunk knobheads on a Saturday night so if you come home one day to find one in your garden give me a call

Comment

Originally posted by den2712 View Post
              I'm great at dealing with drunk knobheads on a Saturday night so if you come home one day to find one in your garden give me a call
              Please dont let my wife see this contribution
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                Nothing exciting here, worked in corporate pensions for years so know a fair bit about that, quite good with Playstations and Vita and have reasonable knowledge on copying your (obviously home) DVDs .

Not an expert in anything but happily help where I can, enjoy DIY too !
                Clarify something for me I work for Royal Mail had a ten year service pension then left and they froze it. I'm now back at Royal Mail (another 12years) but they say I can't merge the two (did ask this a few years ago ),is there anything I can do ?

Comment

I am pretty clued up about fitness and nutrition, trained to be a personal trainer few years ago before realizing your opportunities are very limited and nobody wanted to pay out the money for a personal trainer in a recession( as i said this was few years ago),so now im back at college studying mechanical engineering.
                  Still keep myself fit and upto date on whats going on in the fitness world so anybody needs any advice feel free to ask i am happy to help to best of my ability

Comment

Originally posted by dbrewood View Post
                    For me by training a Mech / Prod Engineer, but migrated into IT 20 year ago. Local site IT support / management for a larger multi-national. Hobbies are that I review smartphones and run www.smartphonegurus.com.

Damn, I use your site when looking for new phones
                    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Originally posted by dbrewood View Post

And a very well run forum/site it is too D👍
                      Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                      Take a pride in your ride
                      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                        I gave up after they said:

Hello Joni,

I have run the photos past my manager. She has advised that there is no known faults with this style of shoe and from what she can see from the photos the soles coming away from the upper shoe looks like it has been caused by wear and tear as opposed to a fault. Unfortunately on this occasion I am unable to offer a replacement or refund on this item.

I replied with:
                        Hi,

I fully appreciate that there is no known fault. But surely this isn't a standard to set against if one pair does fall apart? I also appreciate that wear and tear would cause this to happen, but not after 2 months. If it was also wear and tear, then why is it only one trainer that has fallen apart? I'm pretty sure that like most people, for every left step I take, a right step is followed, meaning each shoe has even amount of use. Depending of course which foot I step out of the house on. It could be that it has been the right foot for the past two months, and that one has had one extra step per day than the left. So that's about 60 steps more than the left over the last two months.

I know the glitter coming away on the left shoe is wear and tear. Glitter stuck to shoe, sole sticks to glitter, glitter comes away from shoe. Its the fact the stitching has undone and the sole of the shoe is hanging off on the right one. Enough room for a LEGO man to get trapped in the gap between the shoe and the sole (see attached) He looks about as happy as I am about this.

My last pair of Osiris lasted 2 years, so I thought these would at least live up the standards set by my last pair.

I'm not one to make complaints, being British I know this is hard to believe. But I was gutted when these fell apart after such a short time and thought this one time I thought it was a worthy reason.

I'd appreciate it it you would at least reconsider what has actually happened and if there is anything that could be done.

From less a glittery footed Joni

To which I have heard nothing and got bored.
                        A brilliantly worded letter Joni, very impressive.
                        Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                        Take a pride in your ride
                        @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Does anyone know anyone around the Manchester area who could look at a friends poorly classic Mini?

We know a few Birmingham way but its running on 1 less cylinder than it should be, so the closer the better. Much loved and well looked after car, really needs the help of a trusted mechanic.
                          My DS3R3... nearly....
                          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I'm sure there are a couple of breakers yards that would take "care" of it.
                            Originally posted by cyclone
                            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                            Originally posted by Broda
                            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

After 18 years in the UK Forces, I now work as a Risk Management Consultant in the security industry. Although I do have experience in the UK and global commercial sector, the bulk of my time is spent working for foreign governments in hostile environments.

For those looking for domestic security and surveillance advice, please feel free to PM me, I may not be able to assist personally but I do have a robust network of current, competent and qualified associates i can liaise with.
                              Last edited by Superfly Guy; 12-09-2015, 08:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
                                After 18 years in the UK Forces, I now work as a Risk Management Consultant in the security industry. Although I do have experience in the UK and global commercial sector, the bulk of my time is spent working for foreign governments in hostile environments.

For those looking for domestic security and surveillance advice, please feel free to PM me, I may not be able to assist personally but I do have a robust network of current, competent and qualified associates to can liaise with.
                                Written by Liam Neeson.
                                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                                X