Clear All

Good luck and hope all goes well with the build, can not wait to see it
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
      MPG Please ?

Good on you Czar- tell us when you roadtest and where- may come see
      MPG, not relevant to an unrestricted Race thoroughbred, however, to give you some idea of fuel consumption, it will not ever get above a single figure to the gallon, the initial first test, will either be at Silverstone (preferable) or BPG (bruntingthorpe proving ground) once I'm ready to test, I will let you all know, and you will be very welcome, although there may well be lots of waiting around, especially if I experience lots of initial mapping gremlins.
      Performance Powered By Thought
      Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by Czar View Post

you are very lucky, are you not tempted to treat yourself to one ?
        My friend has one, his is an animal....
        White on red THP
        Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
          My friend has one, his is an animal....
          I can well believe it, my friends Ultima has 650hp is naturally aspirated and is very tail happy, when provoked.
          Engineered Horsepower

Comment

I have lots of technical information, what more would you like to know BeefMasta ? Photo's will be posted, as and when, I will enjoy the build thoroughly.
            I imagine most of the technical stuff would go over my head. I'm looking forward to photos and videos though. Would also love to hear the noise
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I've been talking to my friends here about Ultima and British engineering in general for quite a while, and I completely agree that You (B.E.) are the best! But there's a 'tendency' here to like only German engineered cars...

Are you working yourself on the engine? and is it based on LS V8?

Congraz on Your build, hope everything goes the way you thought it and Good Luck!
              DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                I imagine most of the technical stuff would go over my head. I'm looking forward to photos and videos though. Would also love to hear the noise
                Technical data, I can explain very well, and it might seem complicated at first, however if I accompany the explanation with diagrams and or images, everything will become clear, as for what it will sound like, here is a video clip of what it will sound like.

http://youtu.be/WeWD90gkezM
                Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by albish View Post
                  I've been talking to my friends here about Ultima and British engineering in general for quite a while, and I completely agree that You (B.E.) are the best! But there's a 'tendency' here to like only German engineered cars...

Are you working yourself on the engine? and is it based on LS V8?

Congraz on Your build, hope everything goes the way you thought it and Good Luck!
                  Thank you, the engine will be an all British affair, designed, engineered and built here in the UK, the engine will have some of my thought input, but will be built by the chosen company, I will merely be paying the bill/s
                  Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Wow - can't wait to read more (and see photos/videos) on this build Czar
                    sigpic

Comment

Here is an image courtesy of my chosen engine supplier of my engine for this project, without its exhaust manifolds and turbo set up, having had a few very interesting discussions today, about the engines that will be supplied to me, I have a few extra details.

Engine weight complete with turbos: 120kg

Power has increased just a tad, will now be closer to 1,300hp than 1,000hp

Torque has a similar % increase, however this will be throttle and low gear restricted through the engine management control systems.

There will also be throttle position management traction control to aid with power out of the corners.

Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Awesome Project!
                        Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
                        DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Here is an image courtesy of my chosen engine supplier of my engine for this project, without its exhaust manifolds and turbo set up, having had a few very interesting discussions today, about the engines that will be supplied to me, I have a few extra details.

Engine weight complete with turbos: 120kg

Power has increased just a tad, will now be closer to 1,300hp than 1,000hp

Torque has a similar % increase, however this will be throttle and low gear restricted through the engine management control systems.

There will also be throttle position management traction control to aid with power out of the corners.

That's just 2 N14's glued together isn't it
                          [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
                          White on red THP
                          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                            That's just 2 N14's glued together isn't it
                            [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
                            LMAO, how did you guess, I guess the cats out the bag now !!
                            Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Do race cars have to have Cats or can it be De Cat! ? Sensible answers please!
                              LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
                                Do race cars have to have Cats or can it be De Cat! ? Sensible answers please!
                                Simple and most relative answer, NO, however, this answer can also be yes, there is no hard and fast rule for a dedicated track only Race vehicle which does not see any public road/highway use, to comply with catalytic converter emissions, yet a rally car must run a catalytic converter, as it is driven on the public road/highway between stages/events, so although the rally car must be seen to be fitted with a catalytic converter, the installation position, is usually at the tail of the exhaust system, rendering any effective emission control, useless, as the heat needed to clean up the exhaust gases, is lost before it reaches the catalytic converter, which will be a Race derived unit of 200cpi (cells per inch) or less, to maximise exhaust gas flow.

Hopefully, this will give you the answer, you are looking for.
                                Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Working...
                                X