This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delivery and Lead Times

As the club get a lot of questions regarding lead times for their DS3's I thought it might be handy for your guys to see the working chart that your dealer will use in order to give you arrival times for orders.

First off it might be handy to understand the process a little more.

When you place an order with a dealer for a car there are three routes a dealer can take to satisfiy that order;

1.) Dealer's own stock
    2.) Network Stock
    3.) Factory Floor

Most dealers will attempt to supply from dealer stock as this is a sure fire way to ensure quick delivery, normally this would be a car that is in the showroom or held at the dealers RDC (holding park). If a car has to come from the dealer's RDC expect the car to take around 7-10 days to arrive at the dealership.

If the dealer does not have stock to match an order then the next option is to take a look at the network stock to see if another order within the network matches your order. This will happen in one of two ways, first the network lists car as 'Free Release' which means that there is no order against that car and the dealer has not called the car to the dealership and therefore is available to any dealer. Cars listed as 'Free Release' are built units and normally take about 10-14 days to arrive at the dealership. If no 'Free Release' cars are available then the dealer can attempt to swap stock with another dealer or request a transfer, the only thing with this route is the dealer with the vehicle is under no obligation to part with it ( I have sent many a time phoning around only to be told tough! ). If your dealer does manage a swap in this way then depending on if the car is built, as some dealers will swap orders in transit to the UK, then you could be looking at a two week wait.

If your dealer exhausted the above options then your order will go to factory floor. Your dealer has access to a Supply Bulletin from Citroen which will indicate when the next build month is due. For example if a DS3 is listed as build month MAY then expect the car to arrive the next month which would be JUNE, it is rare for car to arrive on the same month as their build month. Will factory floor orders the dealer will be given a forecasted date by Citroen, this is by no means set in stone but is a guide to delivery. Once a order is constructed it will be given it's VIN number and then start to make it's way onto the UK, you can use the 'Lead Time' sheet to forecast delivery to your dealership.

Please remember that with any order other factors may effect delivery time so don't be worried if you car arrives a couple of dates late. Also when a car arrives at your dealer you will need to allocate a couple of days to allow the dealer to PDI the car, add any accessories and valet the car in time for you to collect.

I hope this has helped to open your understanding on the order process and give you a good idea of when to expect your order. Below you can find a couple of resources to look at.

If you have questions about the process then please shout!

Bigfeet

Copy example Supply bulletin from Citroen UK

Click image for larger version

Name:	S&D%2011%20115%20Supply%20&%20Distribution%20Bulletin_02.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	363633

Example of a customer order on the Dealer's system, you can see the forecasted delivery dates listed.

Below is the Lead Time chart. To use this work from the day the order left the factory which your dealer should be able to give or indeed with the forecasted date to get an idea of delivery times.

Lead Time Chart

DS3's are transported from Calais to Sheerness via ship around twice a week on average but when there is increased volume to move that can go up to 4 times a week.

The main carrier fleet is UECC (Untied European Car Carriers) and the boat that does the most runs on that route is the M/V Ivan which is chartered to UECC.

You can track it here - http://shipfinder.co/

*UPDATE*
    Thank you everybody who sends me a PM regarding the delivery status of their vehicles but unfortunately the way the Citroen Order system works is that ONLY the ordering dealer can view and track order process so I am unable to help in this regard. Best advice is to speak with your dealer and if you get the factory exit date you can roughly track delivery with the above chart.

**UPDATE**
    There does seem to be a little confusion over the information dealers have regarding factory exit times, what happens is the dealer is normally informed of a forecasted exit date from the factory two/three weeks before the order is physically built and only while the order is scheduled at the factory floor. This date is confirmed by Citroen a few days before the order is completed, but note that this date is only when the factory hands over the order to GEFCO for transport. From that point your dealer can see when the order arrives at 1st PARC and again when the order arrives at RDC, the table above should give an idea of when these points are due.

***UPDATE***
    Please bear aware that the Production Factories closed during the month of August and all construction of vehicles stops during this time, production then resumes in September. This means that if you make an order in July that is a factory build it won't been scheduled until September for construction.

****UPDATE****
    Citroen has declared today (19/09/11) a new delivery tracking system which let be run by GEFCO for real time tracking within the UK and hopefully factory exit tracking.
    Last edited by Bigfeet; 03-08-2012, 10:49.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Nice on Biggie, hopefully this will sort out all those threads regarding Delivery time. Maybe a sticky would be in order for the post Sag/Den?

Comment

Ooooo Well Looka You...

Comment

Very interesting Biggie.Just to clarify,when your dealer places your order he has access to the Supply Bulletin so he should be able to give you a forecasted delivery date.I only ask because my dealer wont give me a date for delivery of my White,just says could be or should be.

Comment

Yes all network dealers have access to the Supply Bulletin which will forecast build times. In regards to the Whites it will now be only dealer stock thats available.

p.s sorry for the late reply on this
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Any idea of the knock on effect of the change to the eHDI motor?

My dealer is being a bit evasive & can't even give me a delivery estimate 7 weeks after placing my order!
            Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard. Grow Big, Wear Glasses If You Need 'Em!

Comment

i was told today there is a 6-9 month waiting list for all diesel models!!!

Comment

I bloody hope not!!!!!!
                Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard. Grow Big, Wear Glasses If You Need 'Em!

Comment

I ordered mine 2nd April (90hdi) told Factory exit end of May, delivery 2nd week of June. As mine was ordered then, I will still get the standard HDI and not the ehdi engine, so no real delay for mine (fingers crossed)

Comment

Jaspbt - fingers crossed for you, but I ordered mine on March 29th, so you may be in the same boat as me!

Luckily, I only live 2 miles from my dealer, so, armed with the info I've pulled off here, I'll be paying them a little visit later today!

UPDATE: Still no build date/chassis number. At least they've promised to call Citroen tomorrow & call me back (might be something to do with my giving them my business card - I assess customer service as part of my job ).

I think it's not unreasonable to have an idea of a delivery date after 7 weeks! :mad:
                    Last edited by Custardracer; 15-05-2011, 14:18. Reason: Updated

Comment

I ordered my DS3 on the 27th of April and was given a estimated delivery of the 16th of June. I received the generic citroen emails on the 5th. Have you guys received emails?

Comment

Nope - I'll quiz my dealer tomorrow when (if) they call back.

Comment

yes i had the first acknowledging my order, then one trying to flog some extras. Had no further email contact since then. I spoke to my dealer who confirmed what I wrote above. So Custard, not sure whats going on with yours!

Comment

My dealer is ment to give me my first update tomorrow, but im not holding my breath as they were ment to ring me on friday the 6th and im still waiting. I think I may pop down when I get a day off as I think my order was changed to a eHDI engine

Comment

Dont hold your breath on recieving all the emails. A lot of people on her have not recieved all three, all I recieved is the order confirmation after the car had already been built and had its vin number, and another email trying to flog extras.
                              Im still awaiting the emails stating the car had left the factory or when the car was to be built.
                              Team Yellow not White

Comment

Working...
                              X