Best way to make ds3 hdi 90bhp more responsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
    Also bare in mind the endless cloud of black fog you'll have behind you and the amazing/horrible sound you'll achieve having this done.. =/
    But its a diesel there's no point hiding this fact so flaunting it with a personal smoke screen and a deep throaty diesel hum should be the way to go haha

Comment

Originally posted by Jagster93 View Post
      But its a diesel there's no point hiding this fact so flaunting it with a personal smoke screen and a deep throaty diesel hum should be the way to go haha
      Pretty sure most would recognise it's a diesel without that

Oh, there's also the problem of having to clean the back of your car every time you've driven it with a DPF delete so bare that in mind also.
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
        Pretty sure most would recognise it's a diesel without that

Oh, there's also the problem of having to clean the back of your car every time you've driven it with a DPF delete so bare that in mind also.
        Cleaning might be a problem and yeah true the 90hdi is pretty quite for a DERV though!

Comment

90 not responsive pfft.

Comment

My diesel DS3 is a lot quieter than my Astra SRi diesel I had previously, I don't think I'll be changing my exhaust or removing the DPF
            sigpic

Comment

Wud a new exhaust make it more noisey coz I love hw quite it is I had a Megane 1.5 dci 106 nd it was propa loud and what's the best induction kit Lyk nd with all them mods what sort of power do reckon cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Micky1989 View Post
                Wud a new exhaust make it more noisey coz I love hw quite it is I had a Megane 1.5 dci 106 nd it was propa loud and what's the best induction kit Lyk nd with all them mods what sort of power do reckon cheers
                I was being polite before.

I'll answer your questions providing you pose them in a correctly spelled and punctuated sentence.
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Haha would a new exhaust system make my car louder and what sort of a gain of power would I see off all the modifications is that better

Comment

Much, thanks

Yes, if you're looking for better gains then the end result would also mean your exhaust sounds louder. Depending on how much of the exhaust you actually modify you can see some pretty impressive gains.

At a push with a decent induction system, exhaust and remap I don't see why you couldn't get ~140 out of it.

I don't think many have stretched to 90 to it's lengths yet so I'll be interested to see with what you come up with.

Just curious, what stopped you from getting the DSport Diesel?
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Would it be able to cope with that sort of power? To be honest I couldn't afford it sorry for all the questions what induction kit would you recommend

Comment

Originally posted by Micky1989 View Post
                        Would it be able to cope with that sort of power? To be honest I couldn't afford it sorry for all the questions what induction kit would you recommend
                        I don't think there's any designed to fit the 90 other than the panel filter by K&N and a few other copies from others. Shouldn't be too hard to fabricate one of your own with some tubing and a filter head.
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

If it was me I would drive it for a couple of years while doing this you are getting older and racking up your no claims

At the end of the day the 90 derv is not a performance motor and trying to get it to be one is gonna cost you

You would not even notice the Hp gain by changing the Air filter these sort of mods are rely designed to complement things like remap etc etc
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

go faster stripes
                            Perla Nera Black w/Black Roof 1.6 e-HDi 115 Airdream DSport Plus

Comment

red ones are best
                              Perla Nera Black w/Black Roof 1.6 e-HDi 115 Airdream DSport Plus

Comment

Originally posted by nufc_ds3 View Post
                                red ones are best
                                because they are not really red, your just pulling away from everybody so fast they look red
                                Originally posted by cyclone
                                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                                Originally posted by Broda
                                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                                X