No announcement yet.

Dsport+156thp engine fault.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I'd do the same, if the dealer isn't keeping you updated as promised it's time to call Citroen UK every day until this is escalated, it's not acceptable that you've been without your car for this long

Have you tried contacting Citroen UK on Facebook and Twitter ? If you keep it polite but summarise (especially on Twitter) your complaint they might be in touch much sooner
    sigpic

Comment

As I have said before get onto watchdog... you have nothing to loose.

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact
      Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Originally posted by Arn63 View Post
        Week 5 report just sent today will have to wait till thursday for reply on what is going to happen have been told dealers have already ordered new head without permission not sure who to believe as other parts that have been fitted did not get ordered even
        when fault code was stored on car they waited for permission to order parts looking more like going to be in week 6 before starting well and truly P..... ..f
        unfortunately this is getting a common occurrence with CUK and Dealerships. someone needs to sort this mess out quickly before media coverage damages CUK reputation

I spent 3 weeks without my car within the first 5 weeks of buying it. I know what your going through. I hope you get this sorted soon.
        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

05/12/13 latest update have permission to fit new head told should get by 11/12/13 and car ready by 16/12/13 if all goes well that will have been( FIFTY DAYS WITHOUT CAR) well and truly taking the P... when from day 1 I had 2 master techs that I know said
          needs new head and dealers master tech said the same to me why dont some people listen to the master techs that work on the cars their bl..dy trained and not just sitting behind a desk.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
            unfortunately this is getting a common occurrence with CUK and Dealerships. someone needs to sort this mess out quickly before media coverage damages CUK reputation

I really dont think they care much
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

50 days without your car ??? That is terrible, I think you need to let Citroen know your costs for calls, alternative transport, loan payments etc. I'd set it out in a letter to them and the dealer as that it not right at all
              sigpic

Comment

Sure they will help you out in some way- just depends whether you will be happy with however they sort you out
                If you kick off now, may compromise your negotiating position, so, whilst upset, keep your cool is my advice
                Otherwise- do what you feel best
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Phone call 2.30pm today from dealers have been told that car will no longer be ready by 16/12/13 as CUK have know told them to take engine out and strip down and check for damage to pistons, bores looking like complete engine to be fitted and do not expect
                  it back until well into January 2014 good job I can keep calm this is going to cost them big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Arn63 View Post
                    Phone call 2.30pm today from dealers have been told that car will no longer be ready by 16/12/13 as CUK have know told them to take engine out and strip down and check for damage to pistons, bores looking like complete engine to be fitted and do not expect
                    it back until well into January 2014 good job I can keep calm this is going to cost them big time.
                    If they are keeping you with a hire car and mobile I cannot expect CUK coughing up much as a sweetener but you never know also what you have to understand is the resale value if and when you sell new car and replacement engine dont look good
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Have they come up with any suggestion that caused the problem for them to do all this work Arn?
                      (Or have I missed that)
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi chris they have missed it I think
                        DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Had reported that the temp gauge had not been reading properly in april and smoking issue told me it was all ok at 6000 miles had started car one morning to warm up as normal before driving and oil light came on stopped car rang dealership as concerned by
                          this told me to drive it to them and they would have a look and top up if needed when got there they checked level on bottom of dip stick then told me to buy the oil from the parts department topped it up and told to come back in 1000 miles which I did they
                          then told me that it was within manufacturers limits to us that amount of oil so went away then it started to loose water took it back and they could not get it in for about 10days was told to keep eye on it but ok to drive car went in and they said the return
                          pipe to the bottle was leaking and replaced pipe and coolant and bring back in weeks time to check level it had also not been starting very well sometimes told me that there was no problems at all at the level was ok to which I told them that when they had filled the system up it had been over filled and the level had dropped did not like that and I then showed them a video we had took trying to start car there attitude soon changed and wanted their master tech to look at he said need to have car in as soon as
                          poss he said that he thought that the head could be damaged and and already had 2 other citroen master techs tell me the same which I told him was told could not get car in for 2 weeks but would be ok to drive car broke down thursday before due to go in
                          recovery checked car and showed fueling issues fault cleared after doing some tests and told me to take to garage on the monday as planned unless it happened again took car in was told would contact me in couple of days as needed to pressure test the
                          head that was the start of this problem no phone call all week went in on friday as car was on forecourt thinking it was ready was told awaiting parts and should be ready by the following thursday but the head was ok needed fuel pump on engine temp sender
                          and housing rang me on the tuesday saying car had all parts fitted but car not starting for them and master tech said he wants to replace head still this was after I was told head was ok at this time not only the head but want whole engine stripped as CUK
                          have requested

Comment

Several issues all leading into each other here then. New engine I reckon

ed; maybe the dealers mechs should have acted quicker at the start of the issues
                            Last edited by Chris_Blue; 08-12-2013, 09:26.
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

You have hit the nail on the head to much time wasting .

Comment

Unfortunately it cant help you now Arn, but if others can learn from your experience and hassle Citroen on any stutter, water leak, smoking exhaust they get etc etc then hopefully your saga wont be replicated. Keep us informed and , again, hope it ends well for you
                                sigpic
                                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                                X