Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS3 Racing engines - surely Citroen have to admit the scale of the problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just sounds like more deceitful misinformation being given out by Citroen and their dealers all trying to avoid any responsibility and or hide their basic ignorance of the problem.

Do they give any of this in writing or was it all verbal passed on from Citroen to the service manager to the mechanic and back to the service advisor till its garbled garbage anyway!

Replacing the head gasket and inlet valves well what exactly is that about? fixing the carbonisation damage to the inlet valves and replacing the gasket you need to get to the valves. None of that is going to do anything to solve the problem. The THP runs sodium filled valves to dissipate heat better anyway and different valve design metallurgy isn't going to change anything. Different valve timing could perhaps though.

"We are about to enter week 4... apparently Citroen have found the long awaited long term solution - replacement inlet valves and a new cylinder head gasket. When I observed that a whole new engine hadn't helped in August 2012 I was told that there had been developments in the manufacturing of inlet valves. I'm not convinced of that one! They also told me that my car would be fixed last week. When I went to the garage on Saturday the bonnet was still propped open in the workshop. "

Comment

lfc- Wouldnt know, i dont buy used. But believe there is a certain legal requirement to, if the vehicle had serious previous issue/s
      Ed- IE Cat D
      Last edited by Chris_Blue; 17-03-2014, 22:16.
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

42,000 miles darth3....you didn't leave it at a Cambria Group place did you? They are advertising the same one 5 times on ebay at the moment at 42,505. The timing seems a bit coincidental to me, or is this all making me cynical?! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-Citro...item51ba85ec46
        Originally posted by darths3 View Post
        hello i had one!!! for 2 and a half years did 42k in at died and several shite coursity cars , had new engine cost 6 k under warranty took 6 weeks will never ever buy another citrone EVER , gave it back in oct, got a subaru wrx sl with ppp never looked back
        good luck

Comment

Best email the dealer when they advertise on ebay, and ask them a question direct.
          IE "Has this vehicle had any issues" as I dont believe they are allowed to lie in a response. If they are being evasive you can tell, and if they say everything is fine, then you have written evidence to say that they have OKd the vehicle.
          Several of the THP 150s i emailed about, had had Timing chain changes which were admitted to (Was helping a member on here find a 150)
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Stick to your guns on rejection

Originally posted by lucinda View Post
            Thanks for that Chris!!! No, Freeborn Citroen definitely did not tell me about it's past in depth. I remember them saying it had some 'engine problems' and was awaiting a new engine (which is even written on the invoice). Eventually after waiting 6 weeks I continued with the sale as the salesman had said that the Citroen rally team had been over from France and the technical team from head office had been involved and the conclusion of all the investigations was that it needed a software upgrade. I've asked Freeborn for details of all the work done on the car in that period and they are ignoring me. I also asked for that information at the point of sale - wish I'd not paid until I had it!

We are about to enter week 4... apparently Citroen have found the long awaited long term solution - replacement inlet valves and a new cylinder head gasket. When I observed that a whole new engine hadn't helped in August 2012 I was told that there had been developments in the manufacturing of inlet valves. I'm not convinced of that one! They also told me that my car would be fixed last week. When I went to the garage on Saturday the bonnet was still propped open in the workshop.

I'm still maintaining that I'm not accepting it back as I believe that it's only a matter of time before their long term fix doesn't work. I've got away with two engine failures - one on a bypass and one on a motorway and I'm not prepared to risk my life or anyone else's anymore. Sadly Citroen UK only contact me when I slate them on Facebook!!!

I am currently in the same situation as you, although I purchased my car from new from Bristol street motors who have declined my rejection or swap. I'm not sure I want a swap!!!

I am talking to Citroen customer services, I am also keeping my solicitor up to date with any progress. I have had my values replaced, petrol pump replaced and a new cylinder head. Again on taking my car back I get all excited they have fixed it as it then goes so well. Disappointment is just around the corner every time, although they have offered to fix my car again stating they can 100% fix the issue this time I'm not holding my breath.

I have been advised to get an independent survey that shows once and for all there is an inherent issue, it may help my case.

I am currently in discussion with Freeborn Citroen about the swap, although what they offer is an insult. Like you I am unable to sell privately as I have been advised, although I do not have to disclose the issue if they have an accident I would be sued!! I would not be able to that to anyone, although I'm sure there are people who wouldn't think twice.

I do not have a Facebook account but I know people that do, I think I will follow you and post my feelings on there.

Wishing you luck, if I manage to reach an agreeable solution I will let you know.
            :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by lucinda View Post
              42,000 miles darth3....you didn't leave it at a Cambria Group place did you? They are advertising the same one 5 times on ebay at the moment at 42,505. The timing seems a bit coincidental to me, or is this all making me cynical?! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-Citro...item51ba85ec46
              look what i found on ebay AGAIN
              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-Citro...item51bb54c437
              http://www.ds3club.co.uk/attachment....4&d=1420569803
              :rolleyes: Too Good For Heaven & Too Bad For Hell :mad:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Losing the will to live View Post
                I am currently in the same situation as you, although I purchased my car from new from Bristol street motors who have declined my rejection or swap. I'm not sure I want a swap!!!

I am talking to Citroen customer services, I am also keeping my solicitor up to date with any progress. I have had my values replaced, petrol pump replaced and a new cylinder head. Again on taking my car back I get all excited they have fixed it as it then goes so well. Disappointment is just around the corner every time, although they have offered to fix my car again stating they can 100% fix the issue this time I'm not holding my breath.

I have been advised to get an independent survey that shows once and for all there is an inherent issue, it may help my case.

I am currently in discussion with Freeborn Citroen about the swap, although what they offer is an insult. Like you I am unable to sell privately as I have been advised, although I do not have to disclose the issue if they have an accident I would be sued!! I would not be able to that to anyone, although I'm sure there are people who wouldn't think twice.

I do not have a Facebook account but I know people that do, I think I will follow you and post my feelings on there.

Wishing you luck, if I manage to reach an agreeable solution I will let you know.
                Sorry to hear about your problems, what issues are you having with the car?

I hope it's resolved really soon for you.

Comment

^ ^ Yes- fully agree. Hope it ends well.
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    Sorry to hear about your problems, what issues are you having with the car?

I hope it's resolved really soon for you.
                    Hi

It started after the first service, on collection it didn't feel like it was pulling. It progressed into sluggish pull off to juddering on acceleration to feeling like it hit a brick wall. 1st fix change the spark plugs, 2nd fix complete de coke, gaskets, valves, etc, 3rd fix new cylinder head, last fix new petrol pump. Mine is one of the first cars in the country April 11. The fix lasts 6-8 woks before it starts again. It's a shame because I love the car to bits and would have liked to have kept it. It just doesn't feel safe to drive you are always waiting for it to judder. I have been advised the petrol is not burning off hence the constant coking. As they still don't have a full understand of the issue I'm not sure how they are saying they can fix it!

Thanks for your reply

Comment

Thanks. It's sad I do love the car.

Comment

If the petrol is not burning off correctly then it could be a matter of timing vs mapping. Maybe a visit to Jamie @SpTuning
                        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

There is a performance garage in Burbage, Leicestershire who is aware of the issues with the engines. Sadly due to the issues there is no permanent fix. They do advise there are things that can be done to help however these fixes also need regular maintenance. After speaking to different involved parties today it has become apparent that Citroen customer services do not appear to be sharing all the info with these parties?!? This just highlights the importance of speaking to all parties involved yourself and ensuring honesty at all times. Just in case anyone is interested I will keep posting up dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
                            If the petrol is not burning off correctly then it could be a matter of timing vs mapping. Maybe a visit to Jamie @SpTuning
                            Hi thanks, for this. I have already had this done. I have also enquired with diff tuning guys they all advised they could not advise this would fix the issue. They all agreed it would help however still felt the underlining issue would remain and the engine would need regular 'cleaning'. If I had purchased the car for racing I could understand the reasons for doing this, but to have to pay extra with ongoing maintenance over and above a regular service to put what was already an expensive car partly right I do not feel I want or should have to do. That said all suggestions and tips are greatly welcomed. Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Losing the will to live View Post
                              There is a performance garage in Burbage, Leicestershire
                              Almost certainly Jamie at SP Tuning
                              sigpic

Comment

Call received from Citroen. They have increased their 'compensation' offer but are still insisting if I want to receive the value of the car if I was to sell it private then that's what I should do, knowing full well that no one would want to buy the car!! I now have 2 dealerships to give me quotes, both knowing full history. Both are an insult. Will have to go back to solicitor to see if they will call them not sure what diff it would make but worth a try.

Comment

Working...
                                X