Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS3 Racing engines - surely Citroen have to admit the scale of the problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Losing the will to live View Post
    Call received from Citroen. They have increased their 'compensation' offer but are still insisting if I want to receive the value of the car if I was to sell it private then that's what I should do, knowing full well that no one would want to buy the car!! I now have 2 dealerships to give me quotes, both knowing full history. Both are an insult. Will have to go back to solicitor to see if they will call them not sure what diff it would make but worth a try.
    Make them suffer.
    Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
    ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
    sigpic

Comment

Definitely protect the engine by a dual catch can, however i actually found a better performing catch can than the Saikoumichi ones though these are built from Trucks mainly. I know a few people had used these a while back on SCN forums. anyway here is a decent review of the Hi Performance ProVent Style HP200

http://www.chiptuning.com.au/provent...il-separators/
      Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Also search for MANN HUMMEL Provent or MANN Provent

https://www.mann-hummel.com/fileadmin/user_upload/service/catalogues/pdf/ProVent_en_2013.pdf
        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Thanks
          :cool:

Comment

Here is a good technical primer on the GDI carbonisation problem.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Have had a good offer from dealer & an increased offer from Citroen. Not a bad deal all round. The only fly in the ointment is that I have to have another Citroen!! Going back to the Dsport plus had no issues with that one, fingers crossed. Any thoughts?

Comment

Dsport+....Why not. Less heartache
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Have you not tried a completely different dealer? They won't know about the issues so potentially get a better price? Or not even a citroen dealer?

Comment

We are going out and about tomorrow, I fancy either ford st or Clio. I thought we had to mention any issues?

Comment

I sold my previous car with a gearbox issue and oil leak! The dealer never asked so I never told. What year / mileage is your car? I know of a DS3R driver that got 14k pix against a new focus ST.. She sold the car because of similar issues as yours.

Comment

I thought we had to mention any issues?
                          Your deemed a private seller, sold as seen. They, as a Commercial business, are not, and are covered by legislation. (If they know somethings faulty)
                          They may ask you, and its up to you what you say, to the best of your knowledge
                          IE- You may say "Its fine", and if its been good all that day, youd be right
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                            I sold my previous car with a gearbox issue and oil leak! The dealer never asked so I never told. What year / mileage is your car? I know of a DS3R driver that got 14k pix against a new focus ST.. She sold the car because of similar issues as yours.
                            3 yrs old 26600 miles. Tried against an st today was offered 11500, not prepared to move at all. I didn't like the st so poss going for a Renault sport. Thanks for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                              Your deemed a private seller, sold as seen. They, as a Commercial business, are not, and are covered by legislation. (If they know somethings faulty)
                              They may ask you, and its up to you what you say, to the best of your knowledge
                              IE- You may say "Its fine", and if its been good all that day, youd be right
                              Thanks for the advice I think I am hardening a little so will answer only questions asked.

Comment

Thanks for the advice I think I am hardening a little so will answer only questions asked.
                                To be honest, they will want to sell what they are offering, so prob wont ask any questions about yours
                                Ask about theirs tho :-)
                                sigpic
                                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                                X