No announcement yet.

Oil Catch can emptied on a THP 155, after 1396 miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Very succesfullly by the looks. Wasnt the configuration of the PCV layout changed a bit between the 150 and 155?
    Have you ever caught much in the front can?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Front PCV pipe and TIP changed shape slightly,
      Just a teaspoon full in the front can today, but it only done 400 mile since last drain.
      White on red THP
      Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

As you may have seen- loads in my front pipe can. Better get a move on doing the rear too
        Not sure what you mean TIP , but thought it was changed drain valve or something
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Chris: Turbo Intake pipe. Also another difference is Temp Sensor is now inside a metal housing whereas the older 150 can be removed externally, then new one required the housing to be removed first.

btw is your OCC just sitting in the engine bay or do you have it clamped at all to part of the body?
          Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Thanks Toxic. May well take the turbo pipes off and see what gunge is round there
            Sure there were changes to the vent system of the PCV on the new 155s

I made a bracket, shaped like an upside down U that spans the area you can see the catch can is (Worst part of fitting the can- took hours to get the U right size)
            Its bolted to 2 existing 10mm bolts on the body frame
            I'd removed that U before videoing, and the catch can has a top mount bolt to fix to that U.
            Dead easy to get the can out to get a better look at the site pipe. Bout 30 seconds
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

is that the bolt beside the headlight at the front of the engine bay or to the side wing?
              Simon

Comment

Not sure- will post up a photo over the weekend
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

thanks,
                  Simon

Comment

Catch can mounting position

Here you are Toxic- the Saikou Michi catch can, with sight glass in position
                    You can see the silvery bolt on the wing at the top of the photo (Will try ammend the photo to point the bolts out) , and also the left hand side one toward the bottom of the photo- both 10mm

Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_imag0243.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	356499

Prefabricated bracket, sprayed red, bolted either end. 2mm steel shaped in an oblong with one of the long sides cut off, ends bent at right angles accordingly, and drilled to fit the bolts

Name:	rsz_imag0245.jpg
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	356500

The bracket with a top mounted catch can, single large allen bolt fitted central to the U shaped bracket, with pipes leading to PCV in/out.

Name:	rsz_imag0248.jpg
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	356501

Really easy to just undo the allen bolt, lift the can out as per the video, empty the contents, and replace. Its handy to have a little keyring torch to check the sight glass every now and again.

ED- And the bracket will also be useful to bolt other things on to, along the journey :-)
                    Last edited by Chris_Blue; 22-03-2014, 11:53.
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Nice touch Chris.
                      Simon

Comment

Hello Everyone! my name is Luke and i got an oil catch can installed to my car , I'd like to share my ideas and i am happy to help if anyone like to do same. Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140413_006[1].jpg
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	356579Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140413_004[1].jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	356580

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie_the_cat View Post
                          Hello Everyone! my name is Luke and i got an oil catch can installed to my car , I'd like to share my ideas and i am happy to help if anyone like to do same.
                          Looks good, had to look twice to spot it in that first pic.

Oh and welcome to the club, go and introduce yourself in the newbie section
                          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Yay another Red Edition, I should start a group for us all!!

Welcome indeed
                            2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie_the_cat View Post
                              Hello Everyone! my name is Luke and i got an oil catch can installed to my car , I'd like to share my ideas and i am happy to help if anyone like to do same. [ATTACH=CONFIG]8928[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8929[/ATTACH]
                              That set up looks very familiar
                              Originally posted by cyclone
                              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                              Originally posted by Broda
                              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

My catch can set up- the space by the dipstick on the left is for another catch can- for the rear pcv at a later date
                                Spaghetti pipes to be sorted soon- have got a pre made angle, so the bottom pipe can dive under rather than over

Name:	engine. iphone 5, radiator etc 007.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	356666

OEM PCV Front removed

Name:	engine. iphone 5, radiator etc 002.jpg
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	356667
                                Last edited by Chris_Blue; 03-06-2014, 08:41.
                                sigpic
                                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                                X