Oil Catch can emptied on a THP 155, after 1396 miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Czar View Post
    What's your theory behind this statement, why are in your words "higher tuned models" more susceptible to carbonisation, than regular untuned models ?
    YAWN, that is all.

Comment

Looks great

Originally posted by Frankie_the_cat View Post
      Hello Everyone! my name is Luke and i got an oil catch can installed to my car , I'd like to share my ideas and i am happy to help if anyone like to do same. [ATTACH=CONFIG]8928[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8929[/ATTACH]
      Hi Luke looks a great instalment what make of hose & catch can did you use is it a baffled catch can? Can you provide a link or pm me please

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
        Monday
        Hopefully you will get before and after pics
        DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
        Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
          Hopefully you will get before and after pics
          A before and after difference is what im after but yes I suspect mine will look like Jamie's.

Comment

A before and after difference is what im after but yes I suspect mine will look like Jamie's.
            Looks like pricey if every year tho, as lot work involved. Looks like £ 2/300 per blast. - Terraclean only £80
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
              Looks like pricey if every year tho, as lot work involved. Looks like £ 2/300 per blast. - Terraclean only £80
              I very much doubt it would need to be yearly (unless you drove 20k a year), mine has done 27k most of which was with supermarket fuel and without catchcan.

Comment

I very much doubt it would need to be yearly (unless you drove 20k a year), mine has done 27k most of which was with supermarket fuel and without catchcan.
                Point taken. Maybe a blasting, then Terraclean every year.
                And i think my views on supermarket fuel are splattered over this site...lol
                (Waits for a certain member comments about how OK supermarket fuel is )
                Ed- But he doesnt use supermarket fuel now LOL
                Last edited by Chris_Blue; 18-09-2014, 16:25.
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

After a walnut blast, and prior to reinstalling the inlet manifold, why not install a water/meth nozzle of 0.4mm with a length of tube and a blanking cap, this will then allow you at anytime you like, say, every 2,3000 miles, to feed your own mixture blend of water/meth or indeed neat premium fuel, under pressure from an electric fuel pump, fed from a suitable container, at home in the comfort of your own garage!! Just a thought.
                  Performance Powered By Thought
                  Engineered Horsepower

Comment

I have a kit ready to go on
                    White on red THP
                    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Its been ready a while James ... be great when its on.
                      Look forward to your review, as might go for one myself at some stage.
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                        no such service (walnut blasting in NI) for me....it would cost me the price of a ferry return and fuel to get to SPG. not worth it tbh. I think 80 quid for a Direct injection clean, and then maybe a Full terraclean would be a cheaper option for me.

Planing to get this done after end of month (pay day)
                        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
                          no such service (walnut blasting in NI) for me....it would cost me the price of a ferry return and fuel to get to SPG. not worth it tbh. I think 80 quid for a Direct injection clean, and then maybe a Full terraclean would be a cheaper option for me.

Planing to get this done after end of month (pay day)
                          Would be interesting to compare before and after for both.

Comment

Would be interesting to compare before and after for both.
                            https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?se...0788396&type=1
                            Simon

Comment

as in pictures and the feel of the drive.

Comment

Pictures of inlet manifold/valves? Very few people ever take pictures of before and after of manifold as they don't have the equipment (optical camera) with terraclean. Though with 17bhp more in the example I guess it was well worth it.
                                Simon

Comment

Working...
                                X