• Show
Clear All

Nice one Toxic- blog reads well
    Dont know whether to do before, or after winter myself

I want to use a BG44K can first too, just to get things going
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Lads do the Diesel engines suffer from any kind of build or is it just the patrols ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
        Lads do the Diesel engines suffer from any kind of build or is it just the patrols ?
        not on inlet valves as much though EGR valves and DPFs tend to get clogged up if you frequently use your car for shorter journeys
        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Czar- Can you put too much fuel cleaning additive into an engine?
          Someone told me they put additive in on every fill up- i thought that was a bit excessive and maybe even cause problems. They are just detergents are they not?

I think in an earlier post you suggested regular use of additive

Have just put a BGK 44 tinful in my tank again (As a prequel to a Terraclean high presure Induction clean) , having done it 5000 miles ago to good effect, and it definitely feels sprightlyer.

If it helps I'd put a can in every 1000 miles when its only £12 a can (I may have to work that one out cost effectiveness wise LOL)

So- does it hurt adding often... could it do some good? (I understand your point of view on inlet valves, but what about the rest of the system)
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
            not on inlet valves as much though EGR valves and DPFs tend to get clogged up if you frequently use your car for shorter journeys
            Thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
              Czar- Can you put too much fuel cleaning additive into an engine?
              Someone told me they put additive in on every fill up- i thought that was a bit excessive and maybe even cause problems. They are just detergents are they not?

I think in an earlier post you suggested regular use of additive

Have just put a BGK 44 tinful in my tank again (As a prequel to a Terraclean high presure Induction clean) , having done it 5000 miles ago to good effect, and it definitely feels sprightlyer.

If it helps I'd put a can in every 1000 miles when its only £12 a can (I may have to work that one out cost effectiveness wise LOL)

So- does it hurt adding often... could it do some good? (I understand your point of view on inlet valves, but what about the rest of the system)
              Good evening Chris, in a word no, one can every tank full would be fine, you have to consider the dilution rate!!

Putting a can of a chosen chemical cleaning additive into your vehicles fuel tank, will help keep the fuel injector spray nozzle holes clear and clean of the gummy carbon, which is a problem on the THP engines, it will also help remove any gummy carbon from the piston crown, piston ring reliefs/rings, cylinder head pent roof chamber, inlet/exhaust valve faces and seats during reversion (valve overlap)

So a regular can of your chosen chemical cleaning additive is very helpful, furthermore, the greater the chemical concentration % to the fuel, the more effective the cleaning !!
              Performance Powered By Thought
              Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Thanks. Thats great. Regular use sounds good then.
                Will up my use from every 6k then.
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

What about these Turbo aerosol cleaners you spray past the air filter- they work?

See "Wynn" do a Direct injection aerosol cleaner too that claims to clean inlet valves and build up

Shall i email and tell them they dont work Czar
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

What about these Turbo aerosol cleaners you spray past the air filter- they work?

See "Wynn" do a Direct injection aerosol cleaner too that claims to clean inlet valves and build up

Shall i email and tell them they dont work Czar
                    LMFAO Chris, when are you going to learn, yes, do email then and ask them for visual references of before and after, and then ask them if they will join the forum, and I will publically ask the questions.

I could literally put tap water in a can, say it cleans inlet valves and carbon build up, and sell it you lot, will it work ? Marginally yes, why ? When you introduce water vapour into the inlet tract, it almost instantaneously super heats and becomes super heated steam, and will dissolve some of the gummy oil deposits on the inlet valves, will this show any improvement in throttle response ? Yes it will, why ? You've removed weight and some gummy oil deposits off the inlet valve, freeing up void volume for the air, and by reducing the weight, the inlet valve will be more stable through it's operation opening/closing reciprocation.

I will edit this shortly.
                    Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by Czar View Post
                      LMFAO Chris, when are you going to learn, yes, do email then and ask them for visual references of before and after, and then ask them if they will join the forum, and I will publically ask the questions.

I could literally put tap water in a can, say it cleans inlet valves and carbon build up, and sell it you lot, will it work ? Marginally yes, why ? When you introduce water vapour into the inlet tract, it almost instantaneously super heats and becomes super heated steam, and will dissolve some of the gummy oil deposits on the inlet valves, will this show any improvement in throttle response ? Yes it will, why ? You've removed weight and some gummy oil deposits off the inlet valve, freeing up void volume for the air, and by reducing the weight, the inlet valve will be more stable through it's operation opening/closing reciprocation.

I will edit this shortly.
                      What I took from this is that we should all be spraying compressed water into our engines to improve throttle response..

Cheers Czar!
                      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                        What I took from this is that we should all be spraying compressed water into our engines to improve throttle response..

Cheers Czar!
                        Yes we should, it's commonly known as WMI (water/Meth injection) your welcome.
                        Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Yep- where do they sell water in an aerosol
                          So the product would work to an extent- i will go get some then :-)
                          Thanks Czar

Ed= what about the Turbo stuff- same principle i spose
                          Good ho
                          Last edited by Chris_Blue; 29-01-2015, 16:55.
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks Czar
                            Have a look at Ragnarok's setup if you're serious about this. He currently has a WMI in his.
                            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Thanks Czar
                              You don't need it in an aerosol, a pressurised garden sprayer will do, Chris you are literally throwing money away, stop looking for that miraculous £20 fix, it does not exist, save your money and do it correctly once, then install WMI (water Meth injection) straight after, this will keep the carbon build up to a minimum, saving you money in the long run.
                              Engineered Horsepower

Comment

^ Wont go that far for a while yet... couple years. Walnut blasting will have to be the backstop, or the Terraclean Induction service, (Every 10k) and a can of BGK44 every 3K Miles, and any other aerosol i can throw into the air intake. LOL.

My engine will be squeaking itll be sooooooo clean Ha!
                                sigpic
                                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                                X