Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about getting the wifes DS3 1.6thp engine done, I've read about the terraclean and walnut blasting but has any of you guys come across Hydrogen technology being used? Company near me advertising this service they are called Carbon clean North East.

Comment

I've heard of good results from this service, but the only way to tell if it works for sure is to get pictures before and after the process.
      White on red THP
      Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

group of us 207 owners had the hydrogen engine carbon clean done last week.

initial impression.... engine lot quieter, more responsive acceleration, regained 3mpg on the motorway (tested same conditions, amount fuel, tyre pressures, speed set at 64mph on cruise etc) so it definitely works in some areas.

as for the cleaning of the inlets, only time will tell, need to drive it for a couple of weeks they say for it to really get to work breaking down the carbon build up, one of lads due to building his 207 for track can get his inlet manifold off in under 3 minutes so he is gonna check his in a week or so and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by ADS77 View Post

as for the cleaning of the inlets, only time will tell.
          As Jamie says, pics of the valves before and after is the only way to tell. Ive seen them for Walnut blasting so know it works.

Comment

how much us walnut blasting coming in at??

Comment

Around the £200 mark. SP-Tuning may also offer member discounts depending on the work.
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Jamie did mine and to be honest i cant remember, PM him for a quote but on my car at 27k miles the vlaves were hidden completely by carbon deposits on two of the four cylinders and almost obscured on the other two. After the clean they looked brand new and the performance difference was astonishing, it felt like getting 30 - 40bhp back.

Comment

[Technical]Engine additives and engine cleaning

Walnut blasting cost £290.00 including vat.
                  Takes full 8 hours to do a thorough job but well worth the effort. Camshaft timing is also checked whilst it's apart.
                  White on red THP
                  Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                    Takes full 8 hours to do a thorough job but well worth the effort. Camshaft timing is also checked whilst it's apart.
                    Jamie would i be right in saying you don't do normal mechanical jobs only tuning and upgrades?

Comment

Try and stick to tuning as a rule but we do some smaller jobs sometimes.
                      White on red THP

Comment

8 hours?? Why u take engine cover off to have access to camshaft timing if doing just walnut blast?
                        Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                        What I took from this is that we should all be spraying compressed water into our engines to improve throttle response..

Cheers Czar!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Comment

8 hours?? Why u take engine cover off to have access to camshaft timing if doing just walnut blast?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                          The manifold won't come out through gap on a DS3 unless you either drop the engine mount, or remove the cam cover. So as it only takes a few mins to remove the cover and also gain the benefit of checking the cams timing at the same time, this is why.
                          90% of the time the cams are out!
                          White on red THP

Comment

I can vouch for that.
                            sigpic

Comment

The manifold won't come out through gap on a DS3 unless you either drop the engine mount, or remove the cam cover. So as it only takes a few mins to remove the cover and also gain the benefit of checking the cams timing at the same time, this is why.
                              ah rite, bit like the 207, its damn tight compared to the mini engine bays.

not many people do walnut blasting here in Scotland this now, and those who do are charging £400 for it!!

Comment

My son in law has a Citroen DS3. 1.6 litre petrol which has done 30000 miles. It's a 2013 model.The engine is making a noise. Nothing really bad. He says it';s just as though the engine sounds louder. I have not heard the noise myself.
                                He takes it to the Citroen agent in Aldershot who say the engine needs a valve clean and they want £1200 for the pleasure of doing this operation. I assume this means taking off the cylinder head., removing the exhaust valves and cleaning off the coke from the valve heads. It might, I assume ,also involve coke removal from the cylinder head..

Not being very keen to pay such a lot of money for this operation he takes it his local garage in Hook. Their estimate for doing the same job is £300. More like it.

However the Hook garage says it is doubtful that the engine will need a decoke at such a low mileage.

He is worried because there is conflicting opinion and he is worried because he does not know what is wrong and whether any damage is being caused to the engine by running it.

Can anyone throw any light on this problem please? Do Citroen DS3 petrol engines really coke up after 30000 miles. Anyone had a similar experiece.

Maurice

Comment

Working...
                                X