X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
    Yep- where do they sell water in an aerosol
    So the product would work to an extent- i will go get some then :-)
    Thanks Czar

Ed= what about the Turbo stuff- same principle i spose
    Good ho
    Have you suffered a bang on the head, LOL

^ Wont go that far for a while yet... couple years. Walnut blasting will have to be the backstop, or the Terraclean Induction service, (Every 10k) and a can of BGK44 every 3K Miles, and any other aerosol i can throw into the air intake. LOL.

My engine will be squeaking itll be sooooooo clean Ha!

Delusional springs to mind, LOL.
    Performance Powered By Thought
    Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Suppose WMI would negate the reason for an intercooler
      Hmmmm.
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Suppose WMI would negate the reason for an intercooler
        Hmmmm.
        Engineered Horsepower

Comment

LOLOLOL

Justa bit of fishing

Anyway- Ive cracked it- the Aerosols' only £7.50
          All the inlet valves issues sorted
          £7.50
          Marvellous

Dont need you any more Czar. Many Thanks
          Last edited by Chris_Blue; 29-01-2015, 17:23. Reason: Sevenbleedinpoundfiftyyipeeeeee
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Lmfao
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

If the additives break down dirt n carbon and stuff- where does it go? Combustion chamber or filtered out?
              Could it then cause uneven burn? resulting detonation/ misfire?
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

If the additives break down dirt n carbon and stuff- where does it go? Combustion chamber or filtered out?
                Could it then cause uneven burn? resulting detonation/ misfire?
                The majority of the carbon is a gummy residue, so what gummy carbon is not dissolved from chemical interaction, will enter the combustion chamber, any carbon gummy residue or hardened fragments that are not burnt in the combustion chamber, will be ejected into the exhaust manifold.

Before anyone starts to unduly worry about the turbo being damaged or the catalytic converter becoming clogged, the exhaust gas velocity and temperature is sufficient to deal with any minute carbon that passes through the combustion process.

Heavy deposits which do build up on the piston, can and often do promote hot spots, (carbon is a heat conductor) which are the cause of misfires, engine knock (pinking) from pre ignition.
                Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Cheers Czar- noticed the warranty states you shouldn't use additives

Ed- Guessing that Citroen realises that additives trying to deal with heavy deposits could lead to issues
                  Last edited by Chris_Blue; 03-03-2015, 14:14.
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Engine has had the Terraclean Diesel Service today near Alton,Hants. Will post if I notice any differences in fuel economy/ performance/smoking in due course.
                    LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Holy thread resurrection Batman.

So, going over both pages, is it safe to use something like BK44 in high concentrations, say one can in 1/8 of a tank.

I once cleaned a V6 engine by adding a chemical cleaner direct through the spark plugs holes and left it for 30 mins before starting the car up. For the next 10 mins I smoked off several postcodes of real-estate but the car did run better afterwards. Unfortunately the car was killed later that year on the M1 when a Merc (being driven by the deliver driver) hit me up the jacksy.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
                        Holy thread resurrection Batman.

So, going over both pages, is it safe to use something like BK44 in high concentrations, say one can in 1/8 of a tank.

I once cleaned a V6 engine by adding a chemical cleaner direct through the spark plugs holes and left it for 30 mins before starting the car up. For the next 10 mins I smoked off several postcodes of real-estate but the car did run better afterwards. Unfortunately the car was killed later that year on the M1 when a Merc (being driven by the deliver driver) hit me up the jacksy.
                        You win some,you lose some! On a serious note,hope you weren`t seriously injured.:/

sigpic

Comment

Car driving even smoother now and engine sounding quiet and less of a rattle on idle.Revving freely from 1000 rpm to 4750 rpm no apparent problems.Didn`t have a chance to check any smoking/soot from exhaust. I am happy with the noticeable improvement following Terraclean Diesel Service.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
                            Car driving even smoother now and engine sounding quiet and less of a rattle on idle.Revving freely from 1000 rpm to 4750 rpm no apparent problems.Didn`t have a chance to check any smoking/soot from exhaust. I am happy with the noticeable improvement following Terraclean Diesel Service.
                            Plenty of my friends who have diesels have also said the Terraclean Service is very good.
                            Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
                              Plenty of my friends who have diesels have also said the Terraclean Service is very good.
                              Hows your got on since the Blog entry of the Terraclean service?
                              Needed any further cleaning?
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

I've not had any more Terraclean Servicing, but had the car serviced (4Yrs) a few days ago. They said there was a recall and had upgraded the engine management to iron out flat spots and rough idling. I'm skeptical about that that though with all the emissions scandals going on

I did notice a slight improvement in power throughout the rev range but that could have been the Archoil AR6400 at work.
                                Last edited by Toxic; 01-02-2016, 18:20.
                                Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Working...
                                X