Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Economy - How many miles do you get out of a full tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's pretty good Jonbay. Unfortunately I hit the school runs which means I'm bumper to bumper for 1100m.

Comment

i have just taken delivery on Monday and it is not living up to the brochure blurb about mpg. Nothing like advertised - more like 47mpg

Comment

Originally posted by Marg1309 View Post
        i have just taken delivery on Monday and it is not living up to the brochure blurb about mpg. Nothing like advertised - more like 47mpg
        It will take a while before you get anywhere near the "brochure blurb"! Welcome to the club!
        Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Since the de-cat I'm now maxing out on a whopping 28MPG xD
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Marg1309 View Post
            It never will. The data is NOT FOR REAL WORLD CONDITIONS but listed for comparative purposes.

Sorry to be cross but I hear this comment all the time and to be honest I wish people would learn to understand how the data is worked.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca//fcb/fuel-...disclaimer.asp
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

bad morning biggie?lol
              Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Originally posted by Petewete View Post
                bad morning biggie?lol
                Lol! No not really, don't mean to be harsh but as I said people always make this mistake when looking in the brochure and think that their car will do what the 'book' says and then complain bitterly when it doesn't!

Let me put to you this way, when you order a BigMac you see a picture of it made in the prefect conditions in a controlled environment but what you get in the box doesn't look quite the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                  Lol! No not really, don't mean to be harsh but as I said people always make this mistake when looking in the brochure and think that their car will do what the 'book' says and then complain bitterly when it doesn't!

Let me put to you this way, when you order a BigMac you see a picture of it made in the prefect conditions in a controlled environment but what you get in the box doesn't look quite the same.
                  Remember those Boil in the Bag meals you used to get? Never looked like the picture on the packet. Always looked like somebody had already eaten it when you put it on the plate.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AJ07 View Post
                    Remember those Boil in the Bag meals you used to get? Never looked like the picture on the packet. Always looked like somebody had already eaten it when you put it on the plate.
                    I assume you mean thrown it up AJ- HA!
                    Cod in shrimp suace my fave- dont do it no more
                    CBLUE
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Birdeye's Crispy Panckaes - Looked amazing scoff on the box but looked like a soggy handbag on the plate....

Comment

Mini chicken kievs- looked great on tv when they cut em in half
                        When I did em they were ALWAYS dried out and horrible
                        CBLUE
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Birdeye's Crispy Panckaes - Looked amazing scoff on the box but looked like a soggy handbag on the plate....
                          But it's the best thing ever when you close your eyes when eating it.

Comment

.....you see a picture of it made in the prefect conditions in a controlled environment but what you get in the box doesn't look quite the same.
                            You saying our DS3s were not made in controlled conditions Bigfeet? lol...

If I ever manage to achieve the stated combined mpg on my cars, please shoot me, it will mean instead of workaholic tenancies and enjoying myself, I have simply got boring and am past it! lol Mine is stated as 42 combined, I get 35-ish - that's a result and I'm pushing the little lady quite often on occasions......trouble is I still think I'm 25, luckily the insurance company know I'm not and my premium seems almost free!
                            Clive
                            CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                            DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
                              You saying our DS3s were not made in controlled conditions Bigfeet? lol...
                              Well it's a French factory so I imagine that there would be lots of arm waving and shouting going on!

Comment

It never will. The data is NOT FOR REAL WORLD CONDITIONS but listed for comparative purposes.

Sorry to be cross but I hear this comment all the time and to be honest I wish people would learn to understand how the data is worked.
                                The tests used in the US are far more realistic - I've never got anywhere near the EC figures with any car I've driven, but in the US I get consumption equal to or better than the EPA MPG.

Comment

Working...
                                X