Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Economy - How many miles do you get out of a full tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i get about 400? off my 90 HDi =[
    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
    Third time around.
    Work in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
      i get about 400? off my 90 HDi =[

Blimey, I get about 520 miles, I am driving it for economy though, my last tank I got a real life 60mpg
      sigpic

Comment

Last tank I got 360, pretty much all town driving though.

Comment

last full tank to warning light 880km but that was nearly all A type roads Dublin to Mayo 100kmh speed limits mostly on cruise control
          @ 4.4 litres per 100km

averaging sig below on city commute
          There are old pilots, There are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots

Comment

i'm gonna stick it in cruise control at 65mph now and not 70, noticing a difference of around 7% already

Comment

Own a Petrol DStyle and regually exceed 450 miles on a tank and thats still having fun.

Comment

Evidence from my 1.6 HDi 110 DSport which will do over 600 mles on a tank. Improved from 61.3 mpg to this after adding ZX1 Extralube oil additive. Been using the stuff for years with 5-10% improvement in mpg. Please note this contains no Teflon or PTFE nor am I associated with the company or sales of the product. I just think it's the DS3's danglies!

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamsphere View Post
                  Evidence from my 1.6 HDi 110 DSport which will do over 600 mles on a tank. Improved from 61.3 mpg to this after adding ZX1 Extralube oil additive. Been using the stuff for years with 5-10% improvement in mpg. Please note this contains no Teflon or PTFE nor am I associated with the company or sales of the product. I just think it's the DS3's danglies!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4378[/ATTACH]
                  Hope mine will get that good, averaging 450 on a tank atm, with under 2k on the clock... What've u got on the clock, and how do you typically drive, I'd you don't mind me asking...

Cheers
                  Gav

Comment

Hi Gav

I don't mind you asking at all. My car has done 21k in 12 months (gulp!) and drive for economy rather than performance. I should add it's mostly single occupancy too as the weight of 2+ bodies must make a difference. The mpg seems to be affected more by over revving and late gear changing (when suggested by the on-board computer) rather than higher speeds. It took about 3k to loosen up so hopefully you'll see a change soon.

Best wishes

Martin

Comment

I am getting approx 554 out of a full tank
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm geting 52,53mpg In my 90hdi around midd wales and bout 620miles on tank but has been chiped and dpf removed with. Free flowing exhuast

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamsphere View Post
                          Hi Gav

I don't mind you asking at all. My car has done 21k in 12 months (gulp!) and drive for economy rather than performance. I should add it's mostly single occupancy too as the weight of 2+ bodies must make a difference. The mpg seems to be affected more by over revving and late gear changing (when suggested by the on-board computer) rather than higher speeds. It took about 3k to loosen up so hopefully you'll see a change soon.

Best wishes

Martin
                          Cool, cheers... Must admit I haven't got the economy driving thing down yet... Still enjoying too much...

Comment

Originally posted by AJ07 View Post
                            I am getting approx 554 out of a full tank
                            Although having filled her up was told by the computer that the expected mileage before the next fill up would be 634 miles. I assume that this was because of my very recent constant 70mph at less than 2000rpm.
                            sigpic

Comment

I usually get around 750-800km from city driving.

Haven't taken it on a decent (2 tank) run yet.
                              Regards,

Simon

2011 DS3 DSport (Sport Red with Onyx Black Roof).
                              2014 208 GTi (Calado Blue).

Comment

I only fill to half, more fuel efficent. Always found if you have a full tank first half goes in the blink of an eye. So half x2 would give me 550 miles (1.6vti)

Comment

Working...
                                X