No announcement yet.

DS3 Racing engine issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess in time we'll know if the issue is fixed on the 155's, Chris have you seen or read anything that suggests Citroen have made any changes to try and fix this ?
    sigpic

Comment

Hi chris but its not burning it off can't be I think any way hence the problem with engines are having all the crap is staying in there so if its burning it off why have Alex's going again a new engine you think about that any way said my piece I need a lay down now lol
      DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Hi back again you said it's the early ones Alex engine is what 2 or 3 months old right lay down now.

sigpic

Comment

DS3r- Stay lay down LOL

Well- its not the engine that's the originator of the fault could be. Maybe the connections to it. Some people have had the engines changed and the problem returns. (Alex and others) Some even have the car changed and same problem happens. (Stef, Monkey) Maybe its the ECU on some models, (ECUs are made bt different manufacturers, different makes) or even the driving technique (Driven too hard or driven too soft) when will we find out. Maybe temperature is not high enough some engines to burn oil in haze off. Maybe a really small manufacturing flaw just affecting some engines

lfc- thought I read somewhere that the PCV system had been altered since the earlier ones. Also, for an example my air feed is different to Beefmasta, and his is only 9 months older than mine. So stuff is constantly being changed by Citroen

Thing is, the Racing version are not made any more- so wonder what engine went in Alex DS3r? One that was hanging about? Build date of engine useful- or was it a recon one?

THPs had loadsa problems in the early days, and weve hardly heard anything since the 155 is out? (Other than Bevs turbo- which could be a one off)
          One reason I upgraded from a 150 to a 155. But then again, I had no problems at all with my June 2011 THP 150. 22,500 miles and it was a rocket machine too if you get my drift. Turbo back sports exhaust and that! Shifted proper

Just my thoughts- probly all tosh
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi chris I know what your saying at the end of the day they should not go like that there has not been one with a catch can gone bang, let Greg at Hangar111 look at one that's gone .

sigpic

Comment

If I owned a THP or a Racing I'd be looking at fitting a catch can, I'd be discussing this in depth with my dealer and pointing out the number of engines that have issues etc etc

As Chris said he has a manufacturers warranty so he has that in hand but it's the hassle and inconvenience that would be in the back of my mind
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                If I owned a THP or a Racing I'd be looking at fitting a catch can, I'd be discussing this in depth with my dealer and pointing out the number of engines that have issues etc etc

As Chris said he has a manufacturers warranty so he has that in hand but it's the hassle and inconvenience that would be in the back of my mind
                I had a catch can fitted and it void warranty immediately so think twice.
                Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                sigpic

Comment

I understand that, but if I owned one of these engines I'd be really worried about it........ Starting your car and driving it isn't supposed to cause so much anxiety

For balance I do acknowledge that a lot of folks own these models and have no issues but there are more problem cases than any manufacturer should be happy to accept
                  sigpic

Comment

I understand that, but if I owned one of these engines I'd be really worried about it........ Starting your car and driving it isn't supposed to cause so much anxiety

For balance I do acknowledge that a lot of folks own these models and have no issues but there are more problem cases than any manufacturer should be happy to accept
                    Can't agree more, but hey what can you do. When you buy their product you are up to their goodwill.
                    Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                    ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                    sigpic

Comment

To continue the discussion:
                      As you said lfc, its not as if all THPs/ Racings have these problems. Yes, there is a few on here, but that may be it out of hundreds.
                      When I was looking at getting either a Racing or a 155, we spoke to the mechanic at Citroen (Who my wife knows) and he said they hardly get any problems at all out of the whole range (He would say that I guess, and I suggested a few things LOL)

Why should we worry bout it- not one THP 155 on here has had any problems relating to past THP engine issues- as far as I know- and that's out of 3600 members? (And I watched carefully for 12 month)

The Racings were not built in 2012- when I enquired about a Loeb edition for the UK about a year ago- Citroen said as they had Racings still left from 2011 they were not gonna launch the Loeb over here, as they hadn't sold the allocation of Racings in UK (200)
                      So no more Racings were built after early/mid 2011, whenever they were sold (e.g. Jan 2013). The last of the Racings were sold, as new, at beginning of 2013, (I know that as I considered one for £20,500 in January) but had been in stock 18months. So nothing was altered with the engine.

And lets not forget, the Diesels were having a few issues with their DPFs recently. Friend of mine got a warning light on his DPF after 600 miles. Least you can remove them- big business from what I understand.

Still- everyone is right, the issues to standard Racings or THPs shouldn't happen. Its a shame Citroen seem to want to always wriggle out of things. Noticed that my warranty says that the last year of the 3 year warranty is down to the dealer. So, with the history of the vehicle on their system, theyre more able to put hands up and say "We aint touching that problem". Turbo back exhaust ATM but asked them anyway. Fancy the Eibach or H&R 25mm lowering springs. How long will I wait LOL

Did you get an Diesel in the end LFC? (Just seen yer piccys on yer Album- Nice- too much chrome for me LOL))
                      Last edited by Chris_Blue; 14-06-2013, 11:01. Reason: LFC PICCY
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Yep I love the diesel engine mate so stuck with that, silly mpg combined with decent performance for me makes it a winner, did I mention the free road tax as well ? ha ha
                        sigpic

Comment

Yep I love the diesel engine mate so stuck with that, silly mpg combined with decent performance for me makes it a winner, did I mention the free road tax as well ? ha ha
                          Too slow
                          You getting it remapped again?
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

I have warmed too it and I have owned a few space shuttles in my time .....................seems a no brainer with the running costs
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Originally posted by ds3r View Post
                              Hi as I have said before they need a catch can I would rather have catch can than what citroen think its better than having engine going with out one and big intercooler helps and Alex sorry to hear about yours again it makes you think a new engine and its starting again in one of my other posts every 500 miles a mug full of oil water and mayo in catch can so with out can all that crap would be going into engine .

well I got to book it in for this recall thing and let them know this new replacement stage 1 engine has not solved the problem. I get the feeling that they all ready knew it wasn't going to. Once the engine is not under load and I don't floor it in 4th doing around 50mph, there is no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                                Blimey Alex- good luck
                                am gonna need it.

Comment

Working...
                                X