Perservere with your dealer.

I'm a petrol owner, so am aware of complaints like this

Dont let then fob you off
    (Realise u r a diesel owner)

Good Luck
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Can't imagine how much rant will take place in next 5 years when all those THP piles of shit are starting to really break down which Citroen keep pushing out even today. They should replace the engine like BMW does.
      Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
      ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
      sigpic

Comment

Very similar symptom but being a diesel engine the cause will be quite different. You do need to call the service advisor and mechanic out on this and ask for the service manager to get them and you all together so they can apologise and explain their behaviour as they are just telling lies.

Originally posted by ghenderson View Post
        I bought my car new on 1st September 2013 and after a couple of months have experienced the "stuttering". It generally happens when going from 60-70mph, stutters then smooth stutters then smooth.

When it first happened I rang my Citroen dealer who advised it could be due to the "particulate" filter and would need a "blast out" every month or so, in a low gear with high revs!

My husband wasn't happy with this explanation and we booked in the car to be checked over. They admitted there was a stuttering at higher acceleration and when I went to pick the car back they said it had been "de-coked" and a "software update" which had been released the previous day. I drove the car home and it was like it was the first day I drove it, smooth and light!!! Result!!! Or so I thought!

It developed the stuttering again, we dropped the car at the garage again on 27.12.13 with the same fault. I received a call from the service dept at 2.30 to advise the car was ready to pick up. He explained on the phone that the mechanic who took it out said that the limiter had been left on at 50! I explained that you can't leave the limiter on and that it goes off as soon as the ignition turns off, so when the mechanic took the car out the limiter wouldn't have been on!!! The fault finder report came back clear as I expected after receiving this sort of answer! When I went to collect the car I told the service chap that I objected to being told that the limiter had been "left on" as the only time I use it is to go through a particular town where the limit is 30mph and then knock it off myself, and that the limiter itself is turned off when the ignition is turned off. His reply was "well its just what the guys in the back have said"!!!!!

I took the car home. Took it out the following day and guess what.....yes the stuttering is still there! This is in fact the 3rd time we have reported it, the second time it has been in the garage. Any advice on what to do next?????

Sorry about the rant but I took offence at the way he spoke to me, because I am a woman driver, thinking I don't know how to use my car!!!!!

Looking forward to any replies.

Cheers

Comment

Hdi with a stutter- any update?

Comment

Friend of mine having lottsa trouble with Particulate filter. Warning lights off and on like a one arm bandit
            He wants it off the car, but breaks MOT nowdays

Comment

That's not good then, think I've been lucky to date in that my DS3 does quite long journeys (to Liverpool) and also to collect my son every other weekend so no warning lights on mine to date. What age is your friend's car ? Is it a DS3 ?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jonbays View Post
                The BMW Prince petrol direct injection turbo engines do have a propensity to carbon up very badly very quickly and this is not something that Citroen have really got on top of taking years with steady small changes mostly to the PCV system design in the rocker cover and perhaps ECU valve timing changes and timing chain, tensioner and sprocket changes.
                You got any more info on this Jon? Hope your motor is going well
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Well my DS3 is going very well but honestly after it's little problem we took the wife's C3 Panaromique for the holiday trip to Canberra, Melbourne, the great ocean road and back to Sydney. It went very well. it is of course the same engine but with a different head, MPI injection no turbo and a horrible four speed torque convertor auto. We can rely on this to get us home though! We did a couple of thousand km, it does the legal limit 110kmh easily up and down hill on cruise and gave a little over 6L/100km overall which was not as good as the DS3 could get but not bad. The DS3 would have been more fun but well it's in the sin bin now I guess till it proves itself longer term.
                  Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                  You got any more info on this Jon? Hope your motor is going well

Comment

Oh well- least its up and running now.
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Well latest update after much haggling with the local Citroen distributor who was absolute hell to get on the phone so much so you would have to call them the customer avoidance department.

Firstly, please accept my apology for the delay in responding to your correspondence.

As discussed the recent repair work performed on your vehicle at McCarrolls is as a result of soot like deposits within the intake of the engine. The deposits were removed in order to restore the performance of your engine.

The deposits are characteristic of some modern internal combustion engines and from time to time may require a cleaning.

Citroën Automobiles Australia does value your custom and while it is not possible to extend the manufactures warranty period we will in the event that you experience further issues with soot in the intake system support the cost of cleaning the soot through an authorised Citroën dealer until the 27th March 2017 or when the odometer reaches 100,000km whichever occurs first on the basis the vehicle is under your ownership. This offer is not transferable to any subsequent owner.

We trust that the above offer will provide you with the reassurance you were seeking, thank you for the opportunity to respond.

Comment

Well at least it's something.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonbays View Post
                          Well latest update after much haggling with the local Citroen distributor who was absolute hell to get on the phone so much so you would have to call them the customer avoidance department.

Firstly, please accept my apology for the delay in responding to your correspondence.

As discussed the recent repair work performed on your vehicle at McCarrolls is as a result of soot like deposits within the intake of the engine. The deposits were removed in order to restore the performance of your engine.

The deposits are characteristic of some modern internal combustion engines and from time to time may require a cleaning.

Citroën Automobiles Australia does value your custom and while it is not possible to extend the manufactures warranty period we will in the event that you experience further issues with soot in the intake system support the cost of cleaning the soot through an authorised Citroën dealer until the 27th March 2017 or when the odometer reaches 100,000km whichever occurs first on the basis the vehicle is under your ownership. This offer is not transferable to any subsequent owner.

We trust that the above offer will provide you with the reassurance you were seeking, thank you for the opportunity to respond.
                          So what happens if one day these soot deposits cause a piston failure, is that then going to be covered by them? I'd ask them to expand on their guarantee and request that they also cover any engine faults that could be caused because of this.
                          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

oh oh

16,000km now and well!

MID:$a4 TID:$0b
                            EWMA Misfire counts (average) for last 10 drive cycles - Misfire Cylinder 3 Data
                            Max: 65,535Count Min: 0Count
                            Test result value: 1Count
                            PASS

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                              So what happens if one day these soot deposits cause a piston failure, is that then going to be covered by them? I'd ask them to expand on their guarantee and request that they also cover any engine faults that could be caused because of this.
                              not to mention the catalytic converter, lambda/oxygen sensors getting clogged up. all have a knock on effect for fueling/timing/mpg and shortened life of components
                              Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

No I am not overly comforted by "weasel words" and expect that although logging one misfire count is almost nothing I suspect that its only a matter of time before the engine needs to be rebuilt to properly decoke it again. And by time I mean within the next 10,000 km which isn't much.

Comment

Working...
                                X