Emyway/DAB cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luce23 View Post
    Sorry to be a bit blonde! How will this help me?
    It might fix the problem - before mine was updated I did A reset and whereas it had been turning off every 10 mins it then went 3 days without doing it (before then being updated and also being fine since). Worth a try - nothing to loose. Just have to resave favourites etc.
    DStyle Nav BlueHDI 100 - Nera Black All Over

Comment

Well Citroen have now had my car for 3 days! And no courtesy car!!! I've been told the technician has been in direct contact with the radio/media screen manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by allblackds3 View Post
        Yes, pictures above but will try and add video at some point too (can't use own phone camera while car play is running)
        Sorry if I haven't read far enough up the post (took me long enough to find the damn thing haha), but what year is your car?
        I've just had mine updated today to stop it crashing all the time, and I asked about having CarPlay but they said it was only for the new ones coming out this year. I checked the version and it's the 6.1 something something r8 said above. I just need a bit of background so I can ring them and try and get it sorted.

Unless you bribed them? In which case how much chocolate did you give them?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Thisisnathan View Post
          Sorry if I haven't read far enough up the post (took me long enough to find the damn thing haha), but what year is your car?
          I've just had mine updated today to stop it crashing all the time, and I asked about having CarPlay but they said it was only for the new ones coming out this year. I checked the version and it's the 6.1 something something r8 said above. I just need a bit of background so I can ring them and try and get it sorted.

Unless you bribed them? In which case how much chocolate did you give them?

Thanks
          Hi, mine's a 2015 car with the touchscreen sat nav. You are the same firmware as mine so basically to get Car Play working the dealer needs to activate it using the coding software they have. I think there's a good chance that difference dealers will be more or less receptive to having a go a activating it. I got quite lucky as I emailed about 15 dealers about it and the nearest one replied first and were willing to try it. I emailed them a picture I found on a French forum of the relevant screen in the coding software. (This all sounds more convoluted than it was in reality!).

There's a post of mine somewhere on here with that picture and what I asked to dealer I think. I'll try and find it...

Comment

Awesome thanks man, yeah mines a 15 plate touch screen jobby. That'd be amazing if you could find it, i can't find anything using this tapatalk app.

Comment

You are the same firmware as mine so basically to get Car Play working the dealer needs to activate it using the coding software they have. I think there's a good chance that difference dealers will be more or less receptive to having a go a activating it.
              I'm fairly sure it will be a chargeable option on the new ones (even though it's a simple software update), it was listed as €200 on the French configurator last time I looked.
              Last edited by BeefMasta; 27-01-2016, 17:37.
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by Thisisnathan View Post
                Awesome thanks man, yeah mines a 15 plate touch screen jobby. That'd be amazing if you could find it, i can't find anything using this tapatalk app.
                No worries - here it is in this page; http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....186#post211186

(Not sure how to direct link)

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                  I'm fairly sure it will be a chargeable option on the new ones (even though it's a simple software update), it was listed as €200 on the French configurator last time I looked.
                  Yes same - licensing costs I guess.

Comment

No worries - here it is in this page; http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....186#post211186

(Not sure how to direct link)
                    That's amazing thank you (linked straight to it by the way).

I'll go down your route then and shop around see what comes up, thanks for your help.

Not looking forward to a purple C3 courtesy car again though if they can sort it haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Thisisnathan View Post
                      That's amazing thank you (linked straight to it by the way).

I'll go down your route then and shop around see what comes up, thanks for your help.

Not looking forward to a purple C3 courtesy car again though if they can sort it haha
                      No problem - happy to help. Good luck getting it sorted, and avoiding the C3!

Comment

• Originally posted by allblackds3 View Post
                        No problem - happy to help. Good luck getting it sorted, and avoiding the C3!
                        You're a saint, my second closest dealer has agreed to give it a go. Only 42 quid as well!

Comment

• Mine has started to crash now every now and again it just doesn't turn on then it'll eventually turn on. Or like today it crashed after turning on as I entered reverse (annoying to look down for the camera and realise it isn't there)

It's yet to crash whilst driving but still. Is this a characteristic of it crashing/needing an update etc?
                          @mike_lowsocial

Comment

• Mine started doing it tonight. Screen kept going off then sticking on the DS Spirit screen for 15seconds or so then going back off. It seemed to only do it when the car was stationary but with the engine still running. Worked fine when I was on the move. Pretty irritating.

I've got a few *niggles* to sort so I'll book it into the dealer next week.
                            May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                            October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                            Instagram @adamds3

Comment

• Mine is also still playing up, can take up to 2 minutes to switch on. I am at a loss on what to do and so is the dealer! I have the latest software

Comment

• I'm having this problem with my 7 week old DS3 and the dealership has tried telling me it is when the digital radio loses signal....yeah ok.
                                I have videos and photos of the fault yet they are still saying the car has no fault!
                                I have to go and collect the car today as they cannot find a fault with it - again. It cut out on me on the A19 and nothing is showing up on the ECU.
                                I want to reject the vehicle but im at a loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X