Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You will loose audio beep but still have graphic display unless you purchase the CTSCT003.2 lead.

Comment

• Thanks Clarky... So all I need to get is the CTSCT003.2 lead?

Ive just popped the factory fitted head unit out to see a connection that isn't mentioned in the guide. Does anybody know what this is for?

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	356498

Comment

• Iv'e just checked bit of a mine field choosing the right lead....I think you will need CTSCT008 & pioneer patch leads.

Comment

• Are you sure? I'm just wondering about that mysterious connector. I can't see where I connect that cable to any of the Connects2 adaptors... Have no idea what it's for either.

Comment

• I would call your supplier before you purchase to be honest....I think the connection in the picture is for the remote assistance...You will loose this connecting an aftermarket head unit.

Comment

• This is the lead i think you require http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/inst...reverse-sensor

Comment

• Many thanks Clarky! Remote assistance is a daft idea IMO so I won't miss it.

Have just ordered the CTSCT008 adaptor now after confirming with the supplier that it is indeed the right lead. Many thanks for the heads up!! I'll be sure to post when I've got it all up and running!

Comment

• Your welcome glad i could help !!!....Are you fitting a sub & amp in your boot ??...See my post on how to fit amp & sub if you are.

Comment

• I already have a sub in the boot! I've got the HiFi package

Comment

• Sorry to drag up a thread from a while ago but i've been looking into the idea of a Double din system, which turns out will either be impossible or cost me £1000 upwards, so i've been looking into single din.

My DS3 doesn't have bluetooth, which is a must for me and since i also had every intention of picking up a decent SATNAV (in which case i'm looking at £150+ min), i've gone into the realm of car audio/vide system with all these functions built in.

I have a friend who recommended the following (his is the double din model though)

http://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/CED780_...o-video-system

Thankfully I found this thread and wanted to check to make sure i've understood everything correctly and to double check if I should be ordering the following.

Head Unit (obviously)
                      Connects2 ctsct008 as per Clarky's post (http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/inst...reverse-sensor) Have parking sensors and for stalk. Also is this definitely the correct one? There's mention of the CTSCT003.2 lead just above.
                      Philips Patch lead (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Philips-He...-/400383021675)
                      Autoleads PC5-136 - Audi A3, A4 Amplified Fakra Aerial Adaptor ISO (http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/autol...search=pc5-136) Why the Audi lead? Don't see a "DS3" lead, just other citroen models.

Thanks for any help, it will be greatly appreciated, also if anyone can recommend a better unit to fit (not willing to pay anymore than i am already mind you) then please do so! Remember it's a two birds one stone thing, want satnav built in as well, not a fan of multiple wires and plugging/un-plugging things so want to keep away from buying a standalone satnav.

Lastly, thank you so much for all this info, it's by far the best i can find anywhere.
                      Last edited by N3_P1u5_U1tr4; 12-01-2015, 19:07.

Comment

• Some good info on this thread so I don't apologise for adding to it! Is there any need these days to disconnect the battery before fitting a new head unit?

Comment

• Originally posted by bazf View Post
                          Some good info on this thread so I don't apologise for adding to it! Is there any need these days to disconnect the battery before fitting a new head unit?
                          Pretty much anything in your handbook will tell you to disconnect the battery. I removed my Citroen stereo and fitted a Pioneer stereo without disconnecting the battery without any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ran into a few issues during install. Anyone done a Kenwood install as I've got a few questions...

The Kenwood purple patch lead I bought has a rubber covered metal clip. No idea where this should be attached?

Also, the Tekra aerial lead doesn't match the socket on the back of the head Unit. I presume I need an ISO to DIN adaptor?

Also, what is the best way of routing the Bluetooth mic from the back of the unit to somewhere useful?

Comment

• I [ATTACH=CONFIG]14300[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0226.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	361103

Comment

Working...
                                X