Seen any others yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I saw it

I've been trying to keep away from looking on youtube and the likes purely because I know there's no way I can speed up the arrival of mine
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

IrishRob you work in Harrogate? So do i! i was waiting to see if anyone else round here popped up on the site, i live in Otley and commute in so you might even spy me one day, ill keep a look out for you! Iv seen a yellow one parked up in Harrogate i was feeling nosey so i went and had a look and it was a DSport, lol.
      '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
      '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
      'We do what we must, because we can.'
      Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

Haha, not true, if you send me a grand, I'll be sure to put a word in at the docks for you for an extra speedy delivery!

Seen another one today as well, cherry, sorry, Man-Red with a white roof, was two cars in front of me ooop north here. Nice.

Comment

Yessir, sure do. Travel in from Teesside to Hairygate every day, work at Cardale Park, think I might have seen the same yellow one as you mate. Small world eh! I come through Sharow from the A19 and then down that Ripon way to Hairygate every morning around 7:30am!

What spec is yours so I know if I get flashed?

Comment

Mines a DSport in black with a red roof, there are some pics on here somewhere... ( Currently in the dealers to fix a leaky rear screen ) Ill make sure to keep a close eye out for you!

Comment

Originally posted by irishRob View Post
              Haha, not true, if you send me a grand, I'll be sure to put a word in at the docks for you for an extra speedy delivery!

Seen another one today as well, cherry, sorry, Man-Red with a white roof, was two cars in front of me ooop north here. Nice.
              Not sure about sending you a grand but if we ever meet up I'll buy you a brew? :P
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Parafilm View Post
                Mines a DSport in black with a red roof, there are some pics on here somewhere... ( Currently in the dealers to fix a leaky rear screen ) Ill make sure to keep a close eye out for you!
                Unlucky! My wee baby is in this Saturday morning to get her chrome bits fitted but I'm also having a wee noise that's a bit irritating being looked at also, asides from that, the BobMobile is honky.

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                Not sure about sending you a grand but if we ever meet up I'll buy you a brew? :P
                If we get this big drive round sorted, I'm sure we'll probably meet a lot of the regulars on the forum here mate.

Comment

sorry to upset you, but you can't keep a good thing all to yourself, not in a town as small as Grantham--- maybe you've seen us, D-style White - Carmen red roof, mirrors and wheels
                  Last edited by mickd; 08-07-2010, 17:35.

Comment

Well O.K
                    May be DS3's are as common a muck in Grantham
                    But... at least no one has the same colours as mine

YET....!

Comment

Originally posted by irishRob View Post
                      Yessir, sure do. Travel in from Teesside to Hairygate every day, work at Cardale Park, think I might have seen the same yellow one as you mate. Small world eh! I come through Sharow from the A19 and then down that Ripon way to Hairygate every morning around 7:30am!

What spec is yours so I know if I get flashed?
                      See thread under DS3 Respect club in general Chat forum. We are 3 so far. More members welcome!

Black Roof. Sport Red DS3, Black/silver alloys usually up and down the A19!

Comment

Originally posted by mickd View Post
                        maybe you've seen us, D-style White - Carmen red roof, mirrors and wheels
                        You Sir Have Good Taste

Comment

Did a 450 mile round trip yesterday from Cambridge to Leeds to South London & back to Cambridge - sadly not in the DS3, but in a Transit van, helping my son & girlfriend (neither of whom can drive) move house.

Spotted a grand total of 2 DS3's, both yellow, one southbound on the A1 at around 11.00 (yellow with black roof, the best combination imho, but then I would say that...), the other northbound on the M1 at around 19.00 (yellow with white roof- I'm afraid that combination just doesn't work for me).

So, the rare-as-hen's-teeth DS3's were heavily outnumbered by the common-as-muck Ferraris (5), Porsches (at least 8), TVRs (3) and sundry other exotica. Mini's, Mitos and 500's were, of course, two a penny.

Also saw a Belgian-registered A1. In the flesh it looks like a bastard-cross between the old-model Ibiza 3-door and a Citroen Pluriel, but with a nasty, waspish, in-your-face expression. Overpriced Polo with a bad attitude.

Saddest sight of the day? - a tie between the immaculate Austin A35 van, parked up on the A1 with its bonnet up, and the Vectra in flames on the hard shoulder of the M1, its bemused owner standing by waiting for the fire brigade.

Most uplifting sight of the day? (apart from the DS3s, and the sight of my front door at well past midnight) - a green & white 2CV bowling along the A1 in the outside lane, overtaking everything in sight - it was one of those stretches where there is a long downward gradient, and 2CV owners will tell you that the long gearing enables them to carry on picking up speed well beyond their normal 71 mph maximum, because the engine is unburstable. I frequently saw well over 80 mph in mine (on the continent, of course!!), and enjoyed startling other drivers as a yellow dustbin-on-wheels bore down on them, flat out, engine wailing like a banshee.

Happy days.

Comment

gar074 - what's your DS3 colour combination?

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                              Spotted a grand total of 2 DS3's, both yellow, one southbound on the A1 at around 11.00 (yellow with black roof, the best combination imho, but then I would say that...), the other northbound on the M1 at around 19.00 (yellow with white roof- I'm afraid that combination just doesn't work for me).
                              Take a wild guess!! I know it's not everyone's cuppa tea, but it makes me smile.

Comment

I just came back from a trip to Scotland from Leeds today and saw a total of 4 DS3's! Which is more than id seen in the 3 months up to this weekend. Saw a red one with a white roof on the A1 heading south and while up around the Ed/Glasgow/Troon area saw a yellow one with a white roof a blue one with a white roof, then just as i was leaving today saw a silver DSport with black wheels and a towbar just outside a BP garage! Iv yet to meet one on my side of the road though!

Comment

Working...
                                X