No announcement yet.

Ben's Styling/Paintwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stick with it mate. You joined a month before I did and have done so so much more than I have and I know exactly how you feel when you fall out of love with your car. It happened to me a while back too (not with my DS3 though). I really hope everything gets sorted and it doesn't cost the earth getting it fixed.

Glad you will be staying on the forum too. I've made some good friends on here and the knowledge and huge variety of what people have done and are planning to do is just brilliant and I'm sure you have inspired plenty of others yourself bud.
    Last edited by Funky; 28-06-2017, 19:50.
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Markymark View Post
      That would be good thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
      Joni did you ever get to see about the bonnet sticker as big as possible & price

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ben that's what I've been thinking. I was wanting to get my car remapped and moding it out. But I gotta face reality that the THP will never be a quick car and with the amount of money you put into it you could probably almost get something else. The real reason why I got my DS3 is because it was the quickest car I could get for my first car that didn't have ridiculous insurance. But I still want to wrap my car and put vinyls on it. But Ben if your thinking of a car that's actually really cheap for what you get. It's the Clio Renaultsport Trophy, I was looking on Autotrader the other day and was really surprised how cheap they were. Think about 8k for a 2014-15 model and a whole lot quicker than the ds3. Plus launch control and the sound is just great when changing gears. But yeah I get what you mean about saving for your Evo. Im on my way to do it for a Supra or R34.

Comment

• New custom club sticker thanks to our one and only Joni! (The cat hair only made it better )

Loving this one

October 2017

///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Love it!! Perfect for your DS3 mate.

Comment

• Looks great!
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

• But still, every cloud has a silver lining, and mine is that I've got fly-eyes on now (with a bit of help - this is definitely a 2 person job!)

Hoping that they hold the cracks together, the bigger ones are still visible through the film, but it's cheap stuff even if they do fall apart over winter. Oh well :/

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Hi Ben, I was thinking about doing the whole eyelids & fly-eyes on my headlights. Have you any tips for applying the fly-eyes after putting the eyelids on? Or, doing it again, would you do the fly-eyes first?

Also, what measurement of fly-eye material did you purchase for the job?
                Thank you in advance!

Comment

• BenS - You're the man for this one. Not sure if you have missed this post mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by K7RoxyDS3 View Post
                    But still, every cloud has a silver lining, and mine is that I've got fly-eyes on now (with a bit of help - this is definitely a 2 person job!)

Hoping that they hold the cracks together, the bigger ones are still visible through the film, but it's cheap stuff even if they do fall apart over winter. Oh well :/

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Hi Ben, I was thinking about doing the whole eyelids & fly-eyes on my headlights. Have you any tips for applying the fly-eyes after putting the eyelids on? Or, doing it again, would you do the fly-eyes first?

Also, what measurement of fly-eye material did you purchase for the job?
                    Thank you in advance!
                    Thanks Funky for the tag, I did miss this one.

I either got 1 or 2 of the biggest fly-eye. Came to about 」15 total.

I would still do eyelids first, as it's a pain to put the fly-eye over the curves as it is, and that top curve is a sharp one. Make sure you have a hairdryer to stretch it over the curves, and use the squeegee they provide. After you have it down, use the knife provided to cut along the line of the eyelid. Leave plenty of overhang on the bottom inside corner to stick up behind, or trim it flush against the edge. You get enough off-cut from this to do the fogs, for which I cut a rough circle a bit bigger than needed and pushed the edges in before running the knife around the edge behind the fog cover.

Hope this helps and isn't too late!
                    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                    Join the Facebook Group!
                    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Working...
                    X