Mark's DS3 Build Log Code Name Dee xD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Around the £30-40 mark? I can't remember :S

Contact Ross, our parts guy - Telephone: 01292 280028 Email: parts@alistairflemingayr.citroen.co.uk, offers. Thats who I got mine from, really swift delivery.

I fitted mine, so its easy its just really sticky double sided tape - the trick is to peel some of the backing away, put the surrounds on, hold in place and peel away pushing the surround into place, once its on - its really stuck, so get the positioning right before you take too much of the backing away.

Are you going to do anything with the lights to lessen the chrome? A few of the guys have used flyeye tinting film.

This is one of Zacks I took at Trax last year:
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Love it! your really making me want to finally get my grill wrapped guys. Did you do it yourself or get someone in to do it? All the prices im getting are silly

Comment

Exhaust sounding good!
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Awesome job mate...thinking of doing the same thing with my rear badge as well
          http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
          Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
            Around the £30-40 mark? I can't remember :S

Contact Ross, our parts guy - Telephone: 01292 280028 Email: parts@alistairflemingayr.citroen.co.uk, offers. Thats who I got mine from, really swift delivery.

I fitted mine, so its easy its just really sticky double sided tape - the trick is to peel some of the backing away, put the surrounds on, hold in place and peel away pushing the surround into place, once its on - its really stuck, so get the positioning right before you take too much of the backing away.

Are you going to do anything with the lights to lessen the chrome? A few of the guys have used flyeye tinting film.

This is one of Zacks I took at Trax last year:
            Sorry for the late reply guys and gals had to pop to A&E with burns on my arm off the gf hair straighteners xD so haven't had chance till now.
            Thanks for the info WTF ill pop a call over to them on Monday and see if i can get a hold of them. Seems like a straight forward job to fit them so ill have a crack =) but thinking black will make it stand out more so.

I had a little look with the fly eyes how good is it at staying on the lights and are they legal on the road?

Also thought I would if you know when there are any meets or shows next as I've been to a couple of vdub shows but looking at going to a couple with Dee =)

Comment

Originally posted by Bensds3 View Post
              Love it! your really making me want to finally get my grill wrapped guys. Did you do it yourself or get someone in to do it? All the prices im getting are silly
              Hey ben i got someone to do it was going to attempt it myself but could never find the time or have the dry weather so just left it with EliteFilms

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                Exhaust sounding good!
                Cheers Cyclone =)

Comment

Originally posted by vmark89 View Post
                  Sorry for the late reply guys and gals had to pop to A&E with burns on my arm off the gf hair straighteners xD so haven't had chance till now.
                  Thanks for the info WTF ill pop a call over to them on Monday and see if i can get a hold of them. Seems like a straight forward job to fit them so ill have a crack =) but thinking black will make it stand out more so.

I had a little look with the fly eyes how good is it at staying on the lights and are they legal on the road?

Also thought I would if you know when there are any meets or shows next as I've been to a couple of vdub shows but looking at going to a couple with Dee =)
                  Should we ask how it happened?!

The Flyeye site has a FAQ section (not working for me) but on the home page it says
                  Our film is designed to comply with MOT Lighting Regulations 2012. A honeycomb of perforated holes within the films structure allows your natural light to pass through the film without compromising your desired glossy tint effect.

There are a few meets coming up here Depends where how far you fancy driving - my UK Geography is shocking, but each thread has info The next show is 2nd Sept and is Trax - if you wanted to come along today the deadline for payment is today.

If you fancy a trip to Wales for the WRC we have a competition to win a weekend pass All the info is here Last year was amazing, we had areas set aside for the club to park on each day. We turned so many heads as we drove around Wales in convoy, especially when we took over two petrol stations on either side of the road, lots of beeps and waves from passers by!

Once you have been to one meet or show - you'll be hooked!
                  My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                    Should we ask how it happened?!

The Flyeye site has a FAQ section (not working for me) but on the home page it says
                    Our film is designed to comply with MOT Lighting Regulations 2012. A honeycomb of perforated holes within the films structure allows your natural light to pass through the film without compromising your desired glossy tint effect.

There are a few meets coming up here Depends where how far you fancy driving - my UK Geography is shocking, but each thread has info The next show is 2nd Sept and is Trax - if you wanted to come along today the deadline for payment is today.

If you fancy a trip to Wales for the WRC we have a competition to win a weekend pass All the info is here Last year was amazing, we had areas set aside for the club to park on each day. We turned so many heads as we drove around Wales in convoy, especially when we took over two petrol stations on either side of the road, lots of beeps and waves from passers by!

Once you have been to one meet or show - you'll be hooked!
                    Lol its nothing like that xD they were left on, on the bed by mistake and didnt even know they were there so lesson learned i now cower from them "Hair straightners the silent killers" lol.
                    The flyeyes seem like a good option ill have a look into them and see if it would match the car but its a bonus that there road legal hopefully if i cant apply them perfect like i would want them to be maybe the guy who i had my wrap done by could help as I would hate to have rough edges. I was also thinking of removing the yellow indicator bulbs to get rid of the yellow tint when there off.

Ive just posted on the Trax part of the Forum to see if there's anyway to pay now or if not for me to pay at the door but still meet up with everyone . Silverstone isnt too far from where I live an i wouldnt say wales is that far either as they both sound like like they'd be awesome to come to.

Comment

I was also thinking of removing the yellow indicator bulbs to get rid of the yellow tint when there off.
                      Changed mine for the silvered ones last year, pictures in this thread
                      DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arlow View Post
                        Changed mine for the silvered ones last year, pictures in this thread
                        That looks better than I thought it was going to thanks for linking me to the your topic Arlow where did you get them from if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Lol its nothing like that xD they were left on, on the bed by mistake and didnt even know they were there so lesson learned i now cower from them "Hair straightners the silent killers" lol.
                          The flyeyes seem like a good option ill have a look into them and see if it would match the car but its a bonus that there road legal hopefully if i cant apply them perfect like i would want them to be maybe the guy who i had my wrap done by could help as I would hate to have rough edges. I was also thinking of removing the yellow indicator bulbs to get rid of the yellow tint when there off.

Ive just posted on the Trax part of the Forum to see if there's anyway to pay now or if not for me to pay at the door but still meet up with everyone . Silverstone isnt too far from where I live an i wouldnt say wales is that far either as they both sound like like they'd be awesome to come to.
                          Ha ha! Learnt the hard way about the evil straightners. I picked mine up whilst on by the cermic plate, I may have been drunk.

If you meet up with us at Trax, and want to wait that long (and if he still has them on) you can take a look at Zacks lights, he'll be with Cleaned stand.
                          My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

That looks better than I thought it was going to thanks for linking me to the your topic Arlow where did you get them from if you don't mind me asking?
                            Got them off the internet, wasn't ebay just checked my account. Will check my email archive and post a link later.

Comment

Found where I got them from Philips Silver Vision PY21W

Comment

Thanks Arlow, ordered ;D
                                DS3 120VTi Black + White

Comment

Working...
                                X