No announcement yet.

Mark's DS3 Build Log Code Name Dee xD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me , nothing serious. Had the air inlet tube come off the intake manifold. Got it home poked around saw it and fixed it. It was others suffering from the typical THP problems that was referring to. Touch wood mines still running fine.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by vmark89 View Post
      Thats good then hopefully it was a few isolated problems with them then as i know they have the 155 THP now rather than the other 150 dont know what the differences are but hopefully they solved the ones people had most.
      What sort of wheels have you got for yours then have you got any pics? But liking the airhorn Exhaust
      The exhaust link comes up "page not found" and if you have a look on my personal profile- the Brighton run in the sun Album, you will see the TSW Tahoma wheels (Slightly lower profile than the Potenzas) that at the moment are not on the car. Was a chance of a trade in so put Bellones back on. Didnt spend loads on them, just wanted something to swap the wheels around and do maintenance etc

Ha- Air horns- have oscillating tone air horn and a tune- but will save that till we meet up!
      Love the expression on peoples faces when they hear it- they look at me and look away thinking its a Chavs car thats sped off
      CBLUE
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
        The exhaust link comes up "page not found" and if you have a look on my personal profile- the Brighton run in the sun Album, you will see the TSW Tahoma wheels (Slightly lower profile than the Potenzas) that at the moment are not on the car. Was a chance of a trade in so put Bellones back on. Didnt spend loads on them, just wanted something to swap the wheels around and do maintenance etc

Ha- Air horns- have oscillating tone air horn and a tune- but will save that till we meet up!
        Love the expression on peoples faces when they hear it- they look at me and look away thinking its a Chavs car thats sped off
        CBLUE
        Hmmm It shouldnt :/ just tryed it myself and seemed to link to where i uploaded it without me signing in etc try the one on the first page It should be linked just below some of the images .
        lol I cant wait to hear the air horn sounds like it would be good fun xD my mate who's got an old VW Beetle had a Tanoy sytem put into it which was ace loads of random noises sort of preset and then being able to use it to shout at people *not in a chav way lol*.

Comment

Just a quick update guys I've managed to fit the Fly Eyes onto my Headlights, Fogs and DRL's today in Black and got to admit I wasn't sure when it arrived in the post but seeing it on the car it looks really nice with everything else gives it a more personal touch so to speak . Ill post some pictures up shortly but in the meantime im looking to lower the car not too low probably about 30mm to give it a more aggressive look but most of the kits ive been looking at lower the front more than the rear so would it end up equalling out or is it going to look a little odd lol

Comment

Hey guys as promised a couple of updated pictures going to do the indicator side lights next but I'm still unsure on if I'm going to do the rear tail lights.
            Another small update is the brake calipers that have been painted red both the front and rear.

Comment

Did the boys in blue in that last pic stop for a chat
              Last edited by Arlow; 29-08-2012, 21:06.
              DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arlow View Post
                Did the boys in blue in that last pick stop for a chat
                Lol no mate I took the pic literally as they went past and didn't notice till I looked on my phone at the picture later on . Think its because the road was a straight line following the beach with no speed bumps so keeping an eye out for speeders *looks away * lol

Comment

Hey guys an update and unfortunately I think its come to the point where I'm going to get rid of my DS3 as much as I love her the on going engine issue that Citroen refuses to do anything about is forcing my hand I was thinking of getting a diesel or THP but honestly after all the hassle and going back and forth to my dealer to be treated like something they have stood in to my fiance swell I've thought long and hard and I can't be bothered with the treatment, disgraceful service and customer service that's none existent knew it could be bad with Citroen just underestimated how bad it was/is. I'm getting some quotes to pay off the remaining finance and moving on hopefully. Love Dee but its to a point now where its ruining my experience with her to the point I don't look forward to driving her.

Comment

IF you were going to move to the THP then what engine do you currently have? Just with you mentioning have an induction kit on- only worth the bother on turbo'ed engines.

It's a real bloody shame your dealer is such an ass, my one is absolutely fantastic up here. I certainly wouldn;t have tolerated them speaking to my fiancee badly in way shape or form- arseholes
                    http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
                    Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

Originally posted by chiefnerd View Post
                      IF you were going to move to the THP then what engine do you currently have? Just with you mentioning have an induction kit on- only worth the bother on turbo'ed engines.

It's a real bloody shame your dealer is such an ass, my one is absolutely fantastic up here. I certainly wouldn;t have tolerated them speaking to my fiancee badly in way shape or form- arseholes
                      Hey mate I currently have a 1.6 VTI know it wouldn't really have much effect till the bigger engines but thought when in Rome . I know I have taken more shizz than what I should have really there's a wiring problem as the passenger foot well light hasn't worked since day one and I had been told by the same rude. Bloke that it is never wired up in any models : which is a blatant lie because most people on here seem to.
                      I sent a feedback form for a bellone wheel corrosion replacement as I had 4 new wheels 1 had a defect and scuff on it so they moaned about ordering a new one again eventually said they would and I've yet to hear back at all but the feedback went in I had a rant in it, not especially pleasant to be honest and the dealership manager has now contacted me via email and wants to arrange a meeting to discuss it all.
                      Just contacted him saying I'll arrange a meet but I'm just about to start the part ex been offered 12,500 from my local Renault garage and put a deposit down on a Spanking New RS Clio 200 CUP 2.0 beast and loved the test drive. They chucked in the paint protection for free and knocked some money off the car and gap too.
                      So going to say I want the money I've been putting in to the service fund 20 a month back as its not going to get a service while I own the car till the end of October (takes Renault that long to manufacture it and ship it over).
                      I don't know if I can name It but its in Chester, Cheshire the garage in question avoid it

Comment

Hey guys just an update on the current situation I've got my meeting with my local Citroen dealer (the one that has mucked me about) and I've wrote down all of the problems and on going problems I've had/having so I have them all there in front of me.
                        Regarding Dee I've taken my deposit back from the Renault clio cup200 as the blue colour I wanted isn't going to be available till around January which they had originally told me Oct so I've been and test drive. A Seat Ibiza FR TSI and its awesome comfort of the DS but performance of the Clio its really quick and cheaper on the insurance than the DS :S but my deposit is down payments taken Dee is being part ex'd and seat pushed the boat out for me and they've given me 12,700 for her to pay off the finance and lowered the price of the Ibiza by 1,600 added the paint protection for free.
                        Looking at the 20th Sept for delivery and the Ibiza is booked in for a remap at Jabbasport for a remap to take it to 215bhp and around 250 ibs torque so cant wait love Dee but looks like its at an end from 20th.
                        Whole experience with my local Citroen has really put me off buying one or another car from the dealer too.
                        Ibiza fr will be the newley face lifted 2012 version as its a brand new car again

Comment

Glad you've ended up going for the ibiza and not the clio. They're a pain trying to get the power down and you end up changing gears like a mad man to get the power out and thus the performance they quote, I used to beat them all the time when I was at stock simply because of that.

That remap should bring your performance more inline with mine although with it being a 1.4 to start I've no idea if you can get it further but I'm not a VAG guy by any means so no doubt you can.

Good luck.
                          http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
                          Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

Originally posted by chiefnerd View Post
                            Glad you've ended up going for the ibiza and not the clio. They're a pain trying to get the power down and you end up changing gears like a mad man to get the power out and thus the performance they quote, I used to beat them all the time when I was at stock simply because of that.

That remap should bring your performance more inline with mine although with it being a 1.4 to start I've no idea if you can get it further but I'm not a VAG guy by any means so no doubt you can.

Good luck.
                            Thanks chiefnerd yeah you can get a bit more from them on the seatcupra net forum someone has a stage 2 at 255bhp with a dyno image from APR just silly power they have the torque on tap from virtually go because of the supercharger can't wait to get a hold of her lol
                            Thanks though nerd

Comment

Seat was on my maybe list before I knew about the DS3, sucks you have had such issues, my 120 has been perfect.
                              My DS3R3... nearly....
                              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                                Seat was on my maybe list before I knew about the DS3, sucks you have had such issues, my 120 has been perfect.
                                I think I was looking at 2nd hand Leon's before the DS but family has had them before and they never miss a beat very reliable . I know its been great here on the forum everyone is really nice and its a shame to get shut of her but the engine really does sound like its about yo give up and with it taking them so long to acknowledge any issues brought up so far I'm not even going down the possibility of a new engine withm. the

Comment

Working...
                                X