Tom's Simple Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Coupese View Post
    Glad you smiled, I posted it with a mischievous grin. It's your car and ENJOY it regardless of old farts like me.

DazDS3..... Dazza ...... Dazaboi ..... Wicked, phat innit! Audi (A3 Sportback SLine in Phantom Black and 20 spoke 18inch BBS Split rims to be exact) not Volvo as there is more headroom for my flat cap and Zimmerman frame.
    What's wrong with flat caps?
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

• Nowt wrong, I have 2 ....... One of them has a peak at the back!!! Pretty "sick" and "phat" I'm told by yoofs

Comment

• Tom's Simple Mods

Originally posted by Coupese View Post
        Nowt wrong, I have 2 ....... One of them has a peak at the back!!! Pretty "sick" and "phat" I'm told by yoofs
        Your terminology is not current at all unfortunately. As for my previous comments, I just did not understand your need for negative comments? Thats like me saying your a sheep for having BBS rims and you should be disgraced that you have no originality.

- Also Daz is short for my full name and has been a child hood nickname that has stuck should you be interested.
        Last edited by DS3DAZ; 22-08-2013, 15:20.

Comment

• So not updated this in a while, missing my wind deflectors loads as they managed to fall off... on a motorway... right in front of a lorry...
          So definitely going to get a new set, anybody have any recommendations and also where from?

So my latest modifications has been some green sidelights for shows

And then also a HID kit!

HID on the Left -_-_- Nightbreaker Plus on the Right

Quick Video

The camera makes them seem a lot brighter and more glare than there is. Also the camera was placed in the 'Bright Spot' so i could get this effect for the video I have set them up so the cut off point when in front of a garage door is just above the headlamp height itself, so fine when following other vehicles.
          Last edited by Tommy95; 18-01-2014, 21:12.

Belle Ile Blue
          /Onyx Black - VTI 120 - DStyle

Check Out My Custom Subwoofer Boot Build

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...-s-Simple-Mods

Comment

• Nice one - Say Hello to Dad for me Tommy
            Lighting mods not on my list- so long as I can see.... a bit LOL
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy95 View Post
              Got back home today, parked up fine but being an auto it rolls slightly when put into park. so it jerked just enough to start it sliding down the drive, luckily i didnt turn the engine off so i still had power steering to turn it away from the hedge

But good news, the postman still ventured out and delivered my new sidelights

Comparison Between Old And New With Headlights On

Old:

New:

It does do that flashing light thing when you turn them off or lock/ unlock that car, its not noticeable when it light outside

And Some Pics Of It In The Snow

Hi, I can't believe how much better those sidelights look! What bulbs did you use in the end (the link shows the item isn't listed anymore), and do you have your main headlamp lights to match, colour wise? If so, what bulbs did you use for that too? Cheers mate

Comment

• Loving the lights. I also like the fly eye kit. Though it would look better on a black car. Just one thing, I've just bought a ds3 this weekend and obviously someone has put the fly eye kit on the rear lights and the 3rd brake. I'm not too bothered about the 3rd brake but the 2 rear lights have had the stuff pulled off but they've left a lot of glue on in the corners and loads of scratch marks. Is there an easy way to get the glue off without scratching the lights much more?

Comment

• Originally posted by gatesy0093 View Post
                  Loving the lights. I also like the fly eye kit. Though it would look better on a black car. Just one thing, I've just bought a ds3 this weekend and obviously someone has put the fly eye kit on the rear lights and the 3rd brake. I'm not too bothered about the 3rd brake but the 2 rear lights have had the stuff pulled off but they've left a lot of glue on in the corners and loads of scratch marks. Is there an easy way to get the glue off without scratching the lights much more?
                  A glue and tar remover will do the trick. There's lots of different brands to chose from, I use Autoglym Glue and Tar remover personally.

Comment

• Or if no glue and tar remover, you can always use WD40 or a dab of nail polish remover on a cotton pad
                    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                    Take a pride in your ride
                    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

• Where did you get the footwell lights from can you post a link please look really good

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy95 View Post
                        So just been out and put the sub on the other side of the boot, and thought I'd take some pictures of how I did it, so here they are:

How the cables connect to the car
                        Where is the plug for the subwoofer??? I can't seem to find it...
                        Citroën DS3 DStyle 1.6HDi - Shark Grey/Carmen Red

Comment

• Great simple mods here, recently picked up my own ds3, DStyle Plus with Purple Roof & Mirrors with Black Berlloni wheels (i think that is what they are called) with the centre caps the same purple as the roof, recently just put a set of wind deflectors on and ordered a stubby ariel from reading this thread, any ideas for other simple mods I could make to make my DS3 stand out a little more from everyone elses?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by amabhamra View Post
                            Great simple mods here, recently picked up my own ds3, DStyle Plus with Purple Roof & Mirrors with Black Berlloni wheels (i think that is what they are called) with the centre caps the same purple as the roof, recently just put a set of wind deflectors on and ordered a stubby ariel from reading this thread, any ideas for other simple mods I could make to make my DS3 stand out a little more from everyone elses?

Thanks
                            Welcome to the forum! Why not post up your own thread in the newbies section with some pics?

With regards to simple mods, it's really down to how much technical knowledge you have and how subtle you want to keep things.

Couple of ideas:

Footwell lights - A few members have added LED strips to their footwells to lighten these up a bit.
                            Dust caps - The club sells Lego dustcaps, I'm sure you can find others you might like.
                            Gear knob - A few people have removed theirs and sprayed them, others have removed and replaced them altogether
                            Vinyls/stickers
                            Window tints
                            Bonnet struts
                            Fly-eyes

The list is potentially endless. Keep us updated with anything you do decide to change though
                            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                            X