Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modifications to 1.6 HDI 110 Dsport - 200hp? ;-) Who needs a petrol!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diesel cars beating petrol? lol
    Aston Martin Racing boss David Richards says his team will resist switching to diesels in a bid to beat the dominant oil-burners from Peugeot and Audi at the Le Mans 24 Hours.
    Aston’s LMP1 was the top petrol-powered car at the enduro classic last year - but it finished fourth, a full nine laps behind the winning Peugeot 908 HDi.
    Le Mans’ rules are being modified over the next 12 months in a bid to create a more level playing field between diesels, petrols and hybrids.
    Life's too short to grow up! ;0)

Comment

I had a C2 VTS HDi, remapped it and what not and yes it was a rapid little car, but having got this DS and being my first petrol car, after getting a custom backbox on it, it sounds immense and it convinces me never to get a diesel until im an old fart. Sure torque is different but i want to pull up to people without sounding like a tractor. A lot of people say mine sounds like an astra nurburg when i boot it, just misses the backfire between gear changes. So im over the moon

Comment

Hey Herbs, i dont think any ds diesel owners car sounds like a tractor! I had a ducati v twin that always sounded like it was ticking over at full revs as the sound is totally different, especially at world super bikes years back, you could hear the scream of the race bikes and they sounded awesome ;-) but when the v twins came past they sounded poo - but nice - but still poo ;-) as they never seemed to give you the feeling of a high revving engine. The ducatis with foggy riding always won as the power was smoother round the bends( not mentioning his racing skills!), however as you say each to their own, i have had loud exhausts and petrol engines and came to the conclusion that it is better to go faster unnoticed when safe than it is to be loud. We should start a thread with just sound clips of various ds exhausts - would be great to do that ;-) shall we do it?... ;-)

Comment

I am up for that!! Should have a sound off at the next meet too! :-D Not everyone will want to do this but, I think most of the top 2 bars of the age survey will :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth View Post
            I am up for that!! Should have a sound off at the next meet too! :-D Not everyone will want to do this but, I think most of the top 2 bars of the age survey will :-p
            ^_^ Count me in.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Mine should be different to others, its got a very hollow noise, and isnt loud to be honest

Comment

will do a sound clip tomorrow and create new thread... all we needs is the car static camera at rear end with 3 or revs upto redline of course using phones i guess ;-)

Comment

Definately accelerating away, so you get the turbo boosting noice.

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth View Post
                    Definately accelerating away, so you get the turbo boosting noice.
                    good point ;-) vroom psst vrooom psst then handbrake a couple of doughnuts and straight back at the camera skidding within an inch of the camera ;-) ;o) lol ps lets not go to the length of filming the top speed tho... seen that go badly wrong ;-/ unless its on a private air strip.... hmmm next meet should be at santapod! ;-))

Comment

Originally posted by mbartlett View Post
                      good point ;-) vroom psst vrooom psst then handbrake a couple of doughnuts and straight back at the camera skidding within an inch of the camera ;-) ;o) lol ps lets not go to the length of filming the top speed tho... seen that go badly wrong ;-/ unless its on a private air strip.... hmmm next meet should be at santapod! ;-))
                      LOL! Deffo Santapod! Would be well good! Accelerating is good because it puts more air down the exhaust.

Top speed, who cares, we can all look up gear ratios etc. Saying that mine has gone off the speedo, so who knows, on private land of course.... it was!!

Comment

Congratulations! You've got a mention on DS3 Spirit!

http://ds3spirit.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=29&start=1500

. . . and for those unfamiliar with French terminology, "Jacky" is the French equivalent of "Barry Boy".

Comment

Thats copyright infringement lol! pesky french pinching content from the UK site!! i think jacky is better than barry tho lol i suppose it is annoying for them that they can not tune anything or change anything in france as its the lure! should we start a thread called uk versus french modifications on the ds3 and invite them over and we can have an x factor piss taking match ;o) although they would have to speak the english of course!

Comment

Santapod? Now that sounds like a very good idea to me

Comment

Lets check out some dates as it will not be too busy this time of the year ;-) If we find out dates and post a new thread for a meeting on a race what you bring day at santa pod. Have been before and its great fun, even just to watch but it is very safe as all your doing is going in straight line next to some one... and then get your print out of timings ;-)

Comment

i suppose it is annoying for them that they can not tune anything or change anything in france as its the lure!
                                Don't you believe it - they are just as bad! If anybody has "problems" it's the Germans, as any change to a vehicle has to be TüV approved - they still manage to screw up perfectly good cars, though.

Sadly, it looks as though the DS3 may eventually take over from the Saxo as the Barry Boys' favourite - consider yourself a pioneer!
                                Last edited by DaveB; 07-11-2010, 14:53.

Comment

Working...
                                X