No announcement yet.

DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the leather big time , need to find a car thats been crashed so i can get them

Comment

Today I've changed the standard Plastic boost pipes for some Forge Alloy Boost Pipes.
      Is a job for about 1/2 an hour, so not that hard.

Before:

After:

With driving, the car is more responsive in lower revs and feels more powerfull.
      Will test the soon on a rolling road
      DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Have had a nice chat yesterday with one of my friends.
        He's working for the TU Delft (Technical University) and is going to make a compleet drawing for a new exhaust for the DS3.

It's gonna be a compleet 60mm (2,5") exhaust from the Turbo to the backbox and completely from Stainless Steel.
        Also we're going to fit a Sport Cat from HJS.

This exhaust will be enough to flow around 250hp so also future proof
        DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Back Box ? Be A Man And Have A Straight Pipe =P

Comment

It’s gonna be a system with 2 freeflow silencers

Comment

Just ordered some lowering springs for the DS3. :cool:

After some searching I ordered the H&R -25mm springs.
              It only cost me 148 euro incl. VAT and postage (same price for UK)

Link: http://www.ebay.de/itm/360367369051?...84.m1497.l2649

Why these springs?
              - Don't want to go too low
              - Want to have almost the same looks as the DS3R
              - Don't want to have a bumpy ride

Comment

Nice.

The white wheels look good on a white one.

- Much less good on my black one! Suppose i should try and convince someone to swap. haha.

Plots are very interesting:-

Regarding your comment about the intercooler - actually i'd say its more likely that is to do with the flowrate/boost pressure falling off the end of the turbo's compressor map. This is common - turbo size is a trade off between spooling at low RPM and efficiency at high boost. This would show either as the boost dropping off or through the charge air temperature pre-IC rising sharply. Go to a better dyno place next time, get boost and A/F ratio on the same plot.

I've had cars with very big stock intercoolers behave exactly the same, and the intercooler on my VX220 is tiny and side mounted yet has the same power as the astra with a much larger FMIC. I'd expect a 'too small' IC to offset the whole torque curve down rather than make it fall off in the mid range.

Comment

Yes true.
                  Also think that the standard exhaust is an restriction in higher RPM's.

Will see what my DS3 will do on the RR after fitting the complete new exhaust

Comment

Sounds quite possible. You'd need a remap to make best use of it though? How mappable are these?

Comment

There's a company in France who offers variable stages for the DS3
                      http://vone.pro-forum.fr/t7-gains-et...mation-essence

So think this is no issue.

This is a clip from his own DS3 with 225hp

Comment

Why cant i find any H&Rs on the British eBay?!

Or Eibach, or any other decent springs for that matter!
                        63 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi S Line
                        X Sunflower Yellow Clio 172
                        12 Audi A1 2.0 TDi Black Edition
                        61 DS3 DSport Plus THP
                        60 RenaultSport Clio CUP 200
                        02 RenaultSport Clio 172
                        04 RenaultSport Clio 182
                        51 RenaultSport Clio 172

Comment

Only Ones On Ebay Are SPAX - Which Are Shiiiiiiiit !

Comment

Originally posted by Faxo View Post
                            Why cant i find any H&Rs on the British eBay?!

Or Eibach, or any other decent springs for that matter!
                            Also had a look on this.
                            But why searching even further when you can buy them in Germany for only 148 euro's

Comment

Indeed. As long as they post across the water. Eibach are my favorite, but never heard anything bad about h&r. Id recommend not to drop more than 25mm with springs though, as to be lower you have to be stiffer and so with stock dampers you rapidly become underdamped - the car will handle worse.

Comment

H&R is testing all their new springs etc. on the Nürburgring.

The reason i've choosen these springs is exactly the same as what your telling.
                                Don't want to go too low and want to have the same damping and don't want to overstress the standard equipment.
                                These -25mm springs are also TÜV approved, but the -35mm springs from H&R are not approved.
                                This must be for the same reason.

Also wanted to have less bodyroll and a slight better handling, so think these -25mm springs are just perfect for this. :cool:

Comment

Working...
                                X