DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, today was the big day.
    Went out this morning at 8 AM to place the new intercooler.

First started to remove the "old" intercooler.
    Needed to remove the front bumper, the headlights etc.

Old one removed:

Difference between Old and New:

New one on his place:

And now the new looks:

It was a long day, but am complete satisfied.
    Think it gave some good extra power and torque, It still remains a very smooth power delivery, but he keeps pulling through. :cool:
    Last edited by Fabian; 07-07-2012, 21:01.
    DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Herewith also two pictures from AutoCad with the difference between my intercooler and the forge one

Forge Intercooler (Dual Pass Intercooler):

My Intercooler (Single Pass Intercooler):

As you can see the air needs to make a longer route in the forge intercooler and is less cooler because it gets warmed up again by the incomming air.
      DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

The Forge design is undoubtedly a compromise between efficiency and ease of installation for the average guy and would still be an improvement over the factory intercooler.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Yes, offcourse it is and it is not bad at all, but I was searching for better solutions and especially a cheaper solution!

Comment

Saturday the 18th I'll do a new rolling road run to see the "improvements" with the new intercooler!
            Think there will be some good gains!

Comment

Be interested to see what the intake temp difference is. Are you running a remap?
              http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
              Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

The difference is around 30 degrees! Not running a remap yet.
                Will post the differneces in power coming Saturday when I have a new rolling road test with the new intercooler

Comment

I would have thought about a 6-10BHP gain and maybe 7 lb/ft torque. The big difference is when they remap it because the turbo can be cranked up much higher because of the lower intake temp. My guys reckon I should get 210-15 once I get the new custom intercooler fitted.

You'll have great fun on the dyno though- always nice seeing your own car up on the rolling road and being able to listen to it first hand
                  http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
                  Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

So, bin to the tuner yesterday and results are as following:

Power at the wheels
                    157.5 hp @ 4688 tpm
                    289 nm @ 2727 tpm

Power at the crank
                    173.8 hp @ 4688 tpm
                    310nm @ 2727 tpm

This means no chnage in top end power and about 12nm extra.
                    Besides that, there is some more torque in the middle rpm range and more hp in higher rpm's!

Spoke to the tuner and he advices a couple of things.

First change the standard (plastic) blow off valve for the (alluminium) Forge one.
                    The forge one can be adjusted with different springs to match the boostlevel of the car.

Second thing, change the exhaust for a larger diameter.
                    Exhaust is now the most restrictive part and also obstructs the intercooler to give the full advantage!

Also do the PCV delete and place an oil catch tank for the second PCV outlet.

Comment

• Have you decided which exhaust you are going for yet Fabian? (Your car looks great BTW)
                      Extremely tempted by the BASTUCK one myself (No mid silencer) - in talks with a supplier/fitter in Southampton UK at the moment.
                      Knowing me I will take a while for a think
                      CBLUE
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

• Thanks!!

Yes, for me it's still the Bastuck one!
                        Think it will be next year, and then also do the Downpipe.

First want to change the wheels and go for the Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers!

Comment

• Last week I ordered the Forge Recirculation valve
                          Received a message that it was posted yesterday, so hopefully I'll have it by tomorrow.

Will post some pictures and thoughts when I've fitted it

Comment

• As promissed herewith some pictures from the Forge Recirculating Valve.
                            Fitting it was very easy and took me about half an hour.
                            Because I don't have the standard filterbox anymore I've fitted the "solenoid" on a different place then what the fitting instruction describes.
                            (you can see the solenoid on the 3rd picture on the right side!)

What I think about it:
                            The blow-off sound you now only hear when lifting throttle after hard acceleration.
                            Personally I like this, because the car gets more quiet when driving!

Also I think there's less Turbo Lag after shifting gears.
                            First there was a slight hessitation after shifting when accelerating hard, now that's gone!

Over all I think it's an good investment advantages above mentiioned and It's more reliable :cool:
                            Last edited by Fabian; 10-03-2013, 10:24.

Comment

• Small update for today!
                              Finally received my 3D LED rear lights :cool:

Fitting them took about 10 mins, so that was very easy!

So, 1 pictures says more then 1000 words.....

Comment

• Fabian,

How did you get the little R from the DS3R logo?
                                And what did you use to get the lights on the car plate white? LEDs? if so which ones?

thanks !
                                2006 Peugeot 206 1.6 110hp (Sold)
                                2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 2.0 Turbo 230hp (Sold)
                                2003 Honda S2000 2.0 240hp (Sold)
                                2012 Citroen DS3 Sport 1.6 Turbo 165hp (Current)

Comment

Working...
                                X