No announcement yet.

Race build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't do average, nor is it an Ultima, sadly ordering to delivery time scales dictated I wouldn't have anything for my 50th Birthday, so with that disappointment I took a huge leap and somewhat of a risk, a risk I was prepared to face with the challenges such a design build creates, that said, I didn't go into this blind with no knowledge, or indeed that what you actually want is only restricted by ones budget, so although I had a dedicated budget for the Ultima build, I knew from industry experience this was not going to be sufficient for the design build I was committing myself to, working in the industry certainly helps, friends and colleagues at first thought I was crazy, stupid or had taken leave of my senses.

Taking a leap of faith in ones own ability is the only way you will turn your dream into reality, so with the heart ruling the head, and my accountant shaking her head, have faith I said, have faith, it's my hard earned money not yours, friends and colleagues sceptical, they did offer to help with counselling and visit me in the secure unit, Ba****ds.

The long journey began, a head full of ideas, a list of components some of which I had already purchased for the Ultima build, the necessary contacts to get the design build underway, and a stock of beans and soup as that's all I would be living on when the money ran out, LMAO.

The road has been long and at times uphill, you get a little disheartened at some of the obstacles, you just have to dig deep and push on, self reminders that we only get one life and we need to live life to the full, while we can, if you have a dream do your very best to achieve your desired dream, my design build is almost finished, I will admit it's not been easy, although I knew this and was prepared, and these finishing glitches are challenging, just when you think ahh that's why, it's, ahh f**k not that then, oh well step back, return at a later date when I've had time to rethink the issue.
    Performance Powered By Thought
    Engineered Horsepower

Comment

LMP...3or2 chassis?
      Last edited by cyclone; 18-05-2017, 07:37.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Czar View Post
        MPG, not relevant to an unrestricted Race thoroughbred, however, to give you some idea of fuel consumption, it will not ever get above a single figure to the gallon, the initial first test, will either be at Silverstone (preferable) or BPG (bruntingthorpe proving ground) once I'm ready to test, I will let you all know, and you will be very welcome, although there may well be lots of waiting around.
        I'd be game for this! Looking forward to seeing the final build Czar, your passion once again is showing through.
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
          LMP...3or2 chassis?
          LMP 2 chassis with modification upgrades.

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
          I'd be game for this! Looking forward to seeing the final build Czar, your passion once again is showing through.
          you will be very welcome, as will any DS3 forum member, thank you so very much Dangerousfish, what drives my passion is this, when I was a child growing up watching TV, there was a programme called Record Breakers hosted by the late Roy Castle, and his motto was this, if you want to be the best and if you want to beat the rest, dedication is what you need.

Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Given that you can do what you like to it without regard to a rule book I can see this as an absolutely epic track car!
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
              Given that you can do what you like to it without regard to a rule book I can see this as an absolutely epic track car!
              Having worked in the Motorsport industry all my life, I have seen countless prototype Race cars designed built never ever turn a wheel because of regulation rule changes, back in the good old days, although there were regulation rules, everyones interpretation of the rule wording was such that designers had more of a free hand, that said, once on track, if the Race car was deemed too fast it was instantly banned, (interpretation of rules !!) surely that's Racing, design and build a quick car, as long as it's safe for the driver and within the regulation rules albeit the rules manipulated for the particular Race category.

What I would like to see, and I think most Race fans would too, is in your chosen Race series, an unrestricted free hand, no budget limits, no component restraints, loosely throwing the rule book out of the window, obviously driver safety is paramount, aside from that, let the creative minds of the Motorsport industry do their thing, I hear lots of you saying, ahh but the team/s with the most money will win, this is not always the case, it's ingenuity that leads the way, there are some very creative engineers out there, who for one rule or another can't showcase their ability, always in the background never in the limelight.

Yes LMP1 is as close to a free hand in a Race series as you get, yet the escalating costs to build an LMP1 Race car have closed the door to just about every willing privateer entrant, leaving just the factory teams, even the entry fees for LMP1 are extortionate when compared to LMP2

I understand why the regulation rules are in place for the various Race series, to try equalise the entry field of Race cars, with financial costs, design restraints and even speed limits, Race cars have evolved, what hasn't evolved for many around the world are the race tracks themselves, the once speed limiting factors of a Race track where were aerodynamicists came into their own field of expertise, yet even the creative minds of aerodynamicists were once again rained in by the regularity rule book, it's all very well trying to level the playing field within a Race series, but then as close as the racing maybe at times, it's only money which puts one team ahead of their competition, as a lesser team may just well have more creative engineers on board, yet have their hands tied by the rule book, so all in all it's not a fair level playing field, it's driven by money.

As for my project, yes I can't ever compete in a Race series as such, but my creativity is free, only limited by my finances and available technology.
              Engineered Horsepower

Comment

You remind me of my friend who has also dedicated his life to build technical beauties

Basically the point was to build an Audi R8 which would have a 1:1 weight-power ratio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76t27wlXQkY
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfchSJucnPE
                Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X