Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS3 Racing engines - surely Citroen have to admit the scale of the problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Losing the will to live View Post
    How's it going? Lucinda
    I'm still driving a rental car (paid for by Citroen UK) as I refused to have my car back. I've officially rejected it and am awaiting my new diesel D Sport to be built to my colour specifications...estimated date start of June.

Sorry to hear you've been having issues too....good luck

Comment

There will continue to be problems with the Citroen "BMW Prince" THP engines as their first gen GDI all suffer from excessive carbonisation that will eventually cause detonation and destroy the engine. The higher the state of tune the faster it happens.

I see the new Golf R E88 engine now has dual injection system with direct injection and multi-port injection just like the Toyota Lexus engines and I assume this fixes the carbonisation problem nicely!

Comment

DS3 Racing Nightmare

I read your post and thought you were writing about my experience.

I purchased a DS3 Racing from Motorpoint last year. Since then the car has had serious issues and is currently with Citroen, where it has been for the last 3 weeks and where it will stay until it is sorted. I have been informed by Citroen that my car may well need a new engine. I said 'you're having a laugh, its three and half years old with 24,000 on the clock'. I asked them to check the history, which they did. I was then informed that despite having lots of other issues within its first year of manufacture, the car had already had one engine replaced approximately 8 months after it left the show room. That'll be three engines altogether then. I came on here and realised that it wasn't an isolated problem and appears to affect quite a few DS3 Racing cars. Citroen deny the fact its an issues and always come up with the same old story 'we've never had a DS3 in this garage with engine problems'. A DS3 no. However, DS3R are less common so you may well not have done. That doesn't mean its not an issue. They are unwilling to accept that the car or engine is faulty and that it is part of a wider problem. I have passed my complaint onto my finance company. Thankfully I didn't pay for the car outright. The complaint may take approx. 3 months to sort out. meanwhile I am without a car. The biggest mistake I made was buying the car in the first place. I would love to be able to speak to the car's previous owner just to get some information on what they went through when they had the car. I can totally understood why they wanted to get rid of it asap. Citroen have quoted a figure of £750 ish to investigate the fault and in excess of £7,000 to replace the car. Motorpoint did a basic check on the vehicle and did not delve too much in to the vehicle's service/repair history. There's an article in Auto Express this well about DS3R and engine issues. What a coincidence. Come on Citroen step up to the board. Stop ripping off your customers and sort this problem. If I get the car repaired, what then? another new engine in 18 months time. Citroen needs to sort this and should not expect the consumer to have to pay out thousands. If you have a DS3R then I suggest you get rid and quick.

Views/comments welcome? Is anyone else in this situation? what was the outcome? I despair.........

Previous owner are you out there?

Comment

Originally posted by andyW1004 View Post
          Views/comments welcome? Is anyone else in this situation? what was the outcome? I despair.........

Welcome to the club

Sorry to hear of your issues. What is the Reg of your car? Might help you find the previous owner.
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I purchased a DS3 Racing from Motorpoint last year. Since then the car has had serious issues and is currently with Citroen, where it has been for the last 3 weeks and where it will stay until it is sorted. I have been informed by Citroen that my car may well need a new engine. I said 'you're having a laugh, its three and half years old with 24,000 on the clock'. I asked them to check the history, which they did. I was then informed that despite having lots of other issues within its first year of manufacture, the car had already had one engine replaced approximately 8 months after it left the show room. That'll be three engines altogether then. I came on here and realised that it wasn't an isolated problem and appears to affect quite a few DS3 Racing cars. Citroen deny the fact its an issues and always come up with the same old story 'we've never had a DS3 in this garage with engine problems'. A DS3 no. However, DS3R are less common so you may well not have done. That doesn't mean its not an issue. They are unwilling to accept that the car or engine is faulty and that it is part of a wider problem. I have passed my complaint onto my finance company. Thankfully I didn't pay for the car outright. The complaint may take approx. 3 months to sort out. meanwhile I am without a car. The biggest mistake I made was buying the car in the first place. I would love to be able to speak to the car's previous owner just to get some information on what they went through when they had the car. I can totally understood why they wanted to get rid of it asap. Citroen have quoted a figure of £750 ish to investigate the fault and in excess of £7,000 to replace the car. Motorpoint did a basic check on the vehicle and did not delve too much in to the vehicle's service/repair history. There's an article in Auto Express this well about DS3R and engine issues. What a coincidence. Come on Citroen step up to the board. Stop ripping off your customers and sort this problem. If I get the car repaired, what then? another new engine in 18 months time. Citroen needs to sort this and should not expect the consumer to have to pay out thousands. If you have a DS3R then I suggest you get rid and quick.

My clutch broke at 20.500kms and engine blew up at 26.5000kms. I had to pay the engine repair out of my pocket. Repaired and modded out the design flaws Citroen had left, now I am averagely happy with the car. My first and last Citroen, they may kiss my hairy ass.
            Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
            ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
            sigpic

Comment

Good luck Andy...is the previous owner's details on the V5? I believe you can get information about previous owners of a car you currently own by writing to the DVLA. What's the registration??

Comment

Hey guys!

Glad to read that you got a settlement Lucinda and I hope that the info I provided to you was of use.

I'm so sad to read that many more of you are having issues. I saw a white DS3R on the hard shoulder a couple of weekends back on the bottom end of the M1. I hope it wasn't terminal!

I haven't seen a single DS3R in black since I got rid of mine, that's the kind of rarity I looked forward too. I still maintain that apart from the engine issues it was one of the best drivers cars I've owned!

I'm driving a Vauxhall VXR8 still, only this one has a 6.2L Supercharged engine so it's very, very quick! Doesn't handle like the DS3R did though!!

I wonder what happened to my other DS3R?

Stef
                2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

I tried buying a DS3 Racing from Citroen Southampton as well Lucinda, after wasting a lot of my time and taking a £500 deposit they couldn't supply it. They finally said that the car had had a lot of problems due to being on Jersey Plates!!

After a short time I sourced one from Birmingham - The engine has just given out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    I tried buying a DS3 Racing from Citroen Southampton as well Lucinda, after wasting a lot of my time and taking a £500 deposit they couldn't supply it. They finally said that the car had had a lot of problems due to being on Jersey Plates!!

After a short time I sourced one from Birmingham - The engine has just given out.
                    Engine took a crap? What happened?
                    Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                    ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh god.. none of this sounds good. I purchased a 2012 DS3 Racing from rotherham 2 weeks ago. It has 11,000 miles on it and it runs fine at the moment but i'm really hoping my car doesn't have these issues.

How do you find out the previous owners of cars? Do i contact the dealership? Surely they wouldn't disclose that information.

i just want to find out if he experienced any issues with the engine.

Comment

Could try posting the reg on here, to see if it use to belong to a member of the club.
                        The previous owners will be list on the car's registration document.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrattj View Post
                          Oh god.. none of this sounds good. I purchased a 2012 DS3 Racing from rotherham 2 weeks ago. It has 11,000 miles on it and it runs fine at the moment but i'm really hoping my car doesn't have these issues.

How do you find out the previous owners of cars? Do i contact the dealership? Surely they wouldn't disclose that information.

i just want to find out if he experienced any issues with the engine.
                          If the standard warranty hasn't expired already, have a look at getting the extended one. You might just be in time and it'll be well worth it.
                          May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                          October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                          Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Originally posted by THP View Post
                            If the standard warranty hasn't expired already, have a look at getting the extended one. You might just be in time and it'll be well worth it.
                            --- i'm definitely going to get the extended warranty. The original warranty ends in september. All of this is scaring the hell out of me as im really enjoying the car at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by Garrattj View Post
                              --- i'm definitely going to get the extended warranty. The original warranty ends in september. All of this is scaring the hell out of me as im really enjoying the car at the moment!
                              The extended warranty is actually really reasonable. I have it on my THP150 and in the first year, it had repairs worth more than the cost of the warranty. I pay it monthly now and it's something like £22 a month.
                              May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                              October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                              Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Low compression in Cylinder 2, Misfire in the other 3!

They say it is not unusual... MMpphh

Comment

Working...
                                X