No announcement yet.

ds3 1.6Thp issues regarding anti-polution POSSIBLE CURE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it would be easy to detach the intercooler pipe from the bottom of the inetrcooler to see if there is any residual matter there

also if you go to ebay and type in "oil catch can" - there are hundreds there starting from ard £20
    didnt want to recommend one but some look pretty funky - you can easily see how much they collect then and keep an eye on oil level just to make sure

my gut feeling is that there will be very little collected

obviously the forge one is sooper dooper but its a whole bunch of money - dont think i could justify that myself

Daves car he says is now running better than ever - smoother and more powerful - and this one ran 211 bhp at AMD dyno before these mods

Comment

Cheers for the advice Dave. Not sure I want to change to much under the bonnet, they already moaned about my K&N filter (Citroen France that is) and said it invalidated the warranty, I can just imagine what they'd say about fitting a catch can!

If they don't resolve it this time I'm seriously considering rejecting it, walking away and buying another brand.

Stef
      2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

Funny then that on the KandN sticker it says

"The use of a K&N air filters will not void your vehicle's warranty"

I would certainly try the caps on the rear pipe - it can be replaced as easily as removed if it does not cure the problem

Main dealers will always try and deny a claim - in fact I have heard there is a manufacturer that will pay its dealers for this -
        a certain german manufacturer will also not replace a DPF if it blocks within the three year warranty period

I wonder if they tell the purchasers what having a DPF on a car will mean to people who only drive in the city when they part with their hard earned to purchase the vehicle

If you are considering rejecting the car I would keep a detailed written record of problems , dates etc for evidence

Comment

What i've seen so far, is that it's only 10minutes of work and it's easy to go back to standard if a) it doesn't help, or b) something breaks (don't belive that's going to happen, since PSA did do this themselves for rcz and DS3r). And for less than 5£, it's cheap as hell if it helps to solve something.

Comment

I wonder if this is the same issue I get occassionally. In my case however there is no loss of power whatsoever and the error message only comes on after I have been driving the car sedately for a 100+ miles. After a couple of miles of running the car quite hard the fault dissappears again! Might get my tuning guys to aquire and fit this part anyway.

Comment

glynn " after I have been driving the car sedately for a 100+ miles"
              somehow I just dont believe that for a second

Comment

This guy has done the removal of the pcv pipe and had no problems since here is the link http://forum.etuners.gr/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=676

Comment

Originally posted by FlashRemapping View Post
                  glynn " after I have been driving the car sedately for a 100+ miles"
                  somehow I just dont believe that for a second
                  ! Under normal circumstances, would be very true. But have been doing a lot of motorway work recently so have had the cruise control on and sitting around 70'ish. For me that is sedately!!!

Comment

Ok so I fitted the 2 block off caps and got rid of the rear PCV pipe. Took about 40 min. but that's with a cracked rib.
                    Went to 2 different Pug dealers for the caps the first claimed that "that's not a real part #,where did you get that from, and I cant find that in the computer" Took the print out from Pug's on line parts page to the 2n'd dealer and it was all no problem should be here tomorrow.

Taking a look at the pipe there was a considerable amount of oil at the top end, more than a film. The bottom just had a light sheen about what you would expect from a PVC line. Mind the car has less than 1k miles on it. Using a white rag found that the heaver oil at the top extended about 10 cm into the pipe. Hmm wonder how far it would be after 20,000 miles?

The other PVC line also had a good bit of oil at the top and the connection isn't all that tight no O-ring just pushed on so some oil was leaking out to get a film near the 1st coil pack on that side.

Oh Stef know how they scratched the carbon fiber on top of the eng. That would be the screw for the bottom air filter housing.
                    Originally posted by cyclone
                    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                    Originally posted by Broda
                    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Hi! There is easier way to so,ve that problem, read here:

http://forum.etuners.gr/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=781

Comment

Better like the other solution IMO
                        DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

If you like so much unnecessary and harder job that brings the same effect and it's also much harder to undo - it's your business.... :-)

Comment

Much harder to undo??
                            Only need to refit the hose.

This solution is for people who don't want to remove the airbox
                            DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

As you know it takes about half hour to refit the hose.You need to remove airbox and few more things. In my solution undo takes about 5 seconds... :-) You don't have to buy special caps also. So I think its little silly to do this with these caps if you can do this easier and better. :-)

Comment

Because caps are expensive to buy... No wait, it was 11,5 euros/2 caps.

Best excuse to use those caps is:
                                Those are designed for the job... Atleast i wouldn't feel so confident about having a plastic bit inside the hose, but then again thats just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X