No announcement yet.

ds3 1.6Thp issues regarding anti-polution POSSIBLE CURE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes - If you have two left hands and changing a tyre is the most advanced and difficult thing to do abuot your car - go and buy these caps... :-) Or go back and read Stelios (you should know that name - he's a well known tuner and an expert about THP engines) reply on my post about PCV delete modification on e-tuners forum and think it all over again... http://forum.etuners.gr/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=781
    Last edited by tomu80; 06-11-2011, 19:45.

Comment

Originally posted by DS3Finland View Post
      Because caps are expensive to buy... No wait, it was 11,5 euros/2 caps.
      11,5 euro you get ripped off up there. Paid 5 euro for both

Do whatever your more comfortable with. Thought about that but decided to go the Factory cap route just didn't like the idea of sticking a "cork" inside the line. It was no trouble at all to put the caps on, Airbox OMG 4 screws and a couple clamps and the whole things out,
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

In Peugeot 207 it is a little more difficult to remove airbox and hoses than in DS3. It is a less pace on back of engine. In my solution uou don't need to remove airbox when you want to undo that modification - it takes just 5 seconds. Whole thing is also better sealed than with those standard caps. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by tomu80 View Post
          In Peugeot 207 it is a little more difficult to remove airbox and hoses than in DS3. It is a less pace on back of engine. In my solution uou don't need to remove airbox when you want to undo that modification - it takes just 5 seconds. Whole thing is also better sealed than with those standard caps. :-)
          Could understand you doing it if its really hard to get at in a 207 but everyone here kinda thought we were talking DS3. If you had let let us know then we could have understood your situation a little better

Comment

5,50€ for one... Finland is such an expensive place to live. :S

Comment

The only issue i can see from fitting a plug is what happens to any oil/sludge already in the pcv pipe
              I know there is some little valvce thingy at the bottom ( intake manifold) end but how that works I dont know
              It may be a pressure regulated one in which case its ok because plugging the pipe will stop pressure in it

Comment

Originally posted by DS3Finland View Post
                Because caps are expensive to buy... No wait, it was 11,5 euros/2 caps.

Best excuse to use those caps is:
                Those are designed for the job... Atleast i wouldn't feel so confident about having a plastic bit inside the hose, but then again thats just my opinion.
                + 1 :cool:
                DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Originally posted by FlashRemapping View Post
                  The only issue i can see from fitting a plug is what happens to any oil/sludge already in the pcv pipe
                  I know there is some little valvce thingy at the bottom ( intake manifold) end but how that works I dont know
                  It may be a pressure regulated one in which case its ok because plugging the pipe will stop pressure in it
                  But there is any valve at the bottom end - Pipe It's just a simple PCV Pipe and on the intake manifold as I know there is only a much smaller hole to prevent too much oil get into the manifold.

Comment

BTW - here's a dyno plot - it's after my PCV delete modification. Car is stock - only mods are K&N panel filter and cloggeg PCV pipe as I desribed earlier. Look at the torque plot and max value! :-) As you can see - its quite high - that's because clogged PCV pipe incrases turbo pressure a little bit. :-)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...jestracji.jpg/

Comment

Tomu, we're not saying that your mod is something that wouldn't work, but your arguing about it is something that is annoying people.
                      Bying the caps for less than 10£ and changing those takes less than 20minutes... Thats the same time it takes for your epoxy glue to become solid.
                      Please, stop arguing with people about this, since it's realy, realy, REALY annoying.

Comment

It's just for those who are wondering if such PCV delete modification has positive or negative affect on engine parameters. Installing these 1.6 THP 200 caps (however senseless compared to mine method) will probably bring the same effect on performance. I think that information could be useful for everyone who made that mod. :-)
                        Last edited by tomu80; 12-11-2011, 22:15.

Comment

Did you actually log the levels of boost before and after? And if so what boost was it running?

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                          White on red THP
                          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

if there is no valve at the bottom - either method will be fine - I was only going on the picture I had andwasnt sure what was at the bottom end

DB has done over 3k miles with teh caps fitted now and motorsport map - no problems to report and recons its running better than ever
                            would like to get it on the dyno top see what effects its had
                            there is possibly a touch more boost but as the other pipe that goes in pre turbo I cant see it being much of a difference

has anyone else done the mod and got anything to report ?

Comment

Just wanted to ask , is this a problem on Mini? and if not then what is different on there engines ?

Comment

Yah there forums are filled with the same types of engine problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X