No announcement yet.

ds3 1.6Thp issues regarding anti-polution POSSIBLE CURE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini in FRANCE (COOPER S for example!) : http://minicoopers.superforum.fr/t20...e-distribution

Mini in UNITED STATES : http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...-issues-5.html

http://distributionthp.free.fr/ ...MY CAR IS PEUGEOT 207 tHpDI 1.6 GRIFFE LACERTA

Comment

Originally posted by tomu80 View Post
      BTW - here's a dyno plot - it's after my PCV delete modification. Car is stock - only mods are K&N panel filter and cloggeg PCV pipe as I desribed earlier. Look at the torque plot and max value! :-) As you can see - its quite high - that's because clogged PCV pipe incrases turbo pressure a little bit. :-)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...jestracji.jpg/
      My DS3 is also standard and only has an ITG Replacement filter.
      This is my Plot:

307nm @ 2377rpm (UK = 226,4 lbf/ft)
      170,9pk @ 4778rpm (UK = 168,66bhp)

So not only the PCV valve is giving you more hp.

Will also do the PCV mod (and fitted the Forge Alloy Boost Pipes) so, will see if this will make a difference
      DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

I think that there isn't anyone here so naive to belive you that this is a stock engine... ;-) You can clearly see that this is engine after 1-st stage remap . But besides all - there are few things wrong with this plot.
        First of all - one time rev limit is at 6500 rpm (too low), and second time at 6750 rpm (little too high)? I presume, that dyno wasn't correctly calibrated (rev ratio not correctly set).
        Socond thing is that the power plot is extremelly curvy and unequal after 4500 rpm.It looks like there are some missfires at high revs - quite common thing in this engines after remaping.

I suggest you to go on another dyno and do dyno run again to check that - just for sure.
        Last edited by tomu80; 16-11-2011, 11:52.

Comment

Looks like something with a dumpvalve..?

Comment

Still waiting to get the water pump fault fixed, some iriduim plugs fitted and the PVC pipe removed and plugged. Will be chasing the tuning guys this week and then on for a power run. Should be interesting as I get the same "clutch slip" behaviour that was descirbed in another post. I must add that it is not as far as I can tell actual clutch slip as the usual tests do not return the results I would expect if that was the case.

Comment

Originally posted by tomu80 View Post
              I think that there isn't anyone here so naive to belive you that this is a stock engine... ;-) You can clearly see that this is engine after 1-st stage remap . But besides all - there are few things wrong with this plot.
              First of all - one time rev limit is at 6500 rpm (too low), and second time at 6750 rpm (little too high)? I presume, that dyno wasn't correctly calibrated (rev ratio not correctly set).
              Socond thing is that the power plot is extremelly curvy and unequal after 4500 rpm.It looks like there are some missfires at high revs - quite common thing in this engines after remaping.

I suggest you to go on another dyno and do dyno run again to check that - just for sure.
              Sorry mate, no remap at all.
              Only thing is that the dyno was not set correctly the 2nd time, but the limiter is still on 6600rpm

First test (Pink) was done after 1000km (Feb 2011) and with no mods at all
              Second test (Blue) was done after 15000km (Believe June 2011) with an ITG replacement airfilter
              DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

very nice graph

but was the dyno in shoot out mode?

also that is calculated flywheel figures - was it done using a calculation or a coast down test

you see there is very little drive train loss in a 1.6 Thp ds3
                if the dyno was set up for standard calc it would allow 8-10% loss through the drivetrain therfore overstate the bhp at the flywheel

small point tho it does show the improvements which I think are probably more to do with a better air filter and a littel to do with more turbo pressure by blocking off the pcv pipe

Comment

Originally posted by Fabian View Post
                  Sorry mate, no remap at all.
                  Only thing is that the dyno was not set correctly the 2nd time, but the limiter is still on 6600rpm

First test (Pink) was done after 1000km (Feb 2011) and with no mods at all
                  Second test (Blue) was done after 15000km (Believe June 2011) with an ITG replacement airfilter
                  So if no mods were made - it's obvious now that the dyno ratio was set all wrong (both times). There is no such possibility that stock 1.6 THP 156 HP engine can achieve about 167 HP... I suggest you to try doinf run on a different dyno to confirm that. I bet that then you'll se that I was right. :-)

p.s. I sustain my previous opinion that besides wrong dyno setting the power plot (after 4 500 rpm) is awfull and it could be caused by missfiring...;-/ Just look at my plot how it should looks.
                  Last edited by tomu80; 17-11-2011, 18:31.

Comment

Don't know, but why are you argueing with everyone?

With what kind of petrol did you do your test?
                    My both tests are done with BP Ultimate (100 Octane)

Also the THP is very Heat-Sensitive because of the small intercooler.
                    Both test are done in an controlled area of 16 degrees and with an extra blower infront of the car!

What I try to say is that you can't tell me that it's not true before you have some more background information of the car and the test!

Originally posted by FlashRemapping View Post
                    very nice graph

but was the dyno in shoot out mode?

also that is calculated flywheel figures - was it done using a calculation or a coast down test

you see there is very little drive train loss in a 1.6 Thp ds3
                    if the dyno was set up for standard calc it would allow 8-10% loss through the drivetrain therfore overstate the bhp at the flywheel

small point tho it does show the improvements which I think are probably more to do with a better air filter and a littel to do with more turbo pressure by blocking off the pcv pipe
                    The guy who tested my DS3 first measured the drivetrain losses and he told me it was 11,7% (don't know exactly anymore)
                    After that he did the test, but can't tell you what kind of test it was. I need to ask. And correct, these are flywheel numbers!
                    Till now I don't have the PCV mod, so that's not in the plot.

Comment

we have had 40+ of these vehicles on the dyno - dont think any ran 167
                      Its not a problem and noticable increase from air filter as we have also seen

But there is no way drivetrain loss on this car is 11.7%
                      In fact when we did the coast down it took absolutely ages to bring the revs down - possibly the best we have ever seen

Comment

"...we have had 40+ of these vehicles on the dyno..." - then show at least one plot of a stock EP6DT engine which has over 160 HP max power.. Do you have any? I don't think so...

And regards airfilters. I have even better filter replacement - K&N, and it gives nothing... Max values of power are almost the same with stock as with K&N filter. The only difference is the fact that power plot is a little bit shifted to the left (max power at lower revs). So please - don't try to tell me and everybody that air filter it self can give you gains about 10 HP because you know thats rubbish... Beside EA16 gearbox in these cars is designed to handle max 300 Nm torque - is this possible that that factory could let out an engine with such overrated parameters ?? I don't think so... Go on a different dyno - you'll see.
                        Last edited by tomu80; 18-11-2011, 13:53.

Comment

why are u arguing and trying to pick fights people are just trying to put there opinion across and any other time thts fine no snotty come back or any1 trying to prove them rong. but u seem determined to get at people woteva they think.

Comment

Because thats what forum is for - for discuss and advice people who are wrong and to inform and correct any incorrect information... didn't you know? :-) Guy paid for a duno run,which was made incorrectly - I think he should know that. There is nothing to argue.
                            Last edited by tomu80; 19-11-2011, 08:56.

Comment

Originally posted by FlashRemapping View Post
                              we have had 40+ of these vehicles on the dyno - dont think any ran 167
                              Its not a problem and noticable increase from air filter as we have also seen

But there is no way drivetrain loss on this car is 11.7%
                              In fact when we did the coast down it took absolutely ages to bring the revs down - possibly the best we have ever seen
                              Thanks for information!
                              Will check this with the guy who tested the car.

If I look on the plot, It says there is 14% loss and 170,9 Hp
                              If I make the calculation, 170,9/114 = 1,499 x 110 (10% drivetrain loss) = 164,9Hp

So My car should be closer to 164 / 165 the 170hp

Think 164,9hp isn't bad at all?!

Comment

I think what's important is the improvement in hp not the I"m cool max power figures and if the dyno was set up the same way for both runs then that improvement is real.
                                Originally posted by cyclone
                                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                                Originally posted by Broda
                                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                                X