Emyway/DAB cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luce23 View Post
    Mine isn't crashing however when listening to DAB radio it keeps changing radio stations by itself, the screen states its tuned in to one station when infact i'm listening to something else. Just as annoying as when it kept crashing. I'm not happy.
    Surely Citroen/DS sell other cars with DAB radios in them that work?
    To think I thought about buying an Alfa Romeo Mito and backed out because I was worried about reliability and customer service, if only I had known then what I know now!
    Originally posted by Angrymincepie View Post
    Ok Luce23, I'll give them a ring. My car came from BristolStreet in Derby. It didn't crash on the way home from work either today....
    It's just dab in general my after market radio has dab and dab only works when it wants too same has my mate in his brand new Audi a5 he's having same issues he was actually told by Audi sorry but it's down to the bad reception that the uk has in general
    http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
    2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
    DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

I have a 1955 ds3 and the screen keeps turning off 6 times yesterday , nothing before for 2 weeks . It was in the garage yesterday so the mechanic saw it happen . I have to press the menu button when it comes back on to register a fault on spy lock

Comment

Originally posted by MARK.A View Post
        It's just dab in general my after market radio has dab and dab only works when it wants too same has my mate in his brand new Audi a5 he's having same issues he was actually told by Audi sorry but it's down to the bad reception that the uk has in general
        My dealer told me not to waste my money on it at present for this very reason Mark - it's a shame but I'm glad they were honest about the poor reception across the country compared to FM
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
          My dealer told me not to waste my money on it at present for this very reason Mark - it's a shame but I'm glad they were honest about the poor reception across the country compared to FM
          Yeah don't waste your money Chris one day it will work great the next time you switch it on it don't work at all or it's very hit and miss.
          http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
          2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
          DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Well mine has gone back to the garage, they kept it for 24 hours and verified there are still major issues, in that takes for ever to switch on and hopping between radio channels. They are now keeping it until next Tuesday whilst they liaise with Citroen UK, I have a Citroen Cactus as a courtesy car!!

Comment

Nice! Love the Cactus

I've heard that Citroen is finalising the software update and should be getting things sorted out very soon.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Got the car back, fault still not fixed!
                Apparently the details of my fault have been sent direct to the manufacturer in France of the media screen/radio. I've been told it will be at least another two weeks until there is a fix.
                I won't hold out any hope. This incident as completely taken the joy out of purchasing a brand new car.

Comment

Well today out of the blue, my local Citroen garage rang me to say they needed to fit a new media screen/radio to my car. They had the car for 3 hours this afternoon, the
                  technician who fitted it, stated he had no idea until it turned up at the garage this morning. The set up on the screen is slightly different to the original one fitted to my car.
                  Anyway fingers crossed this works, and if it does what sort of compensation are Citroen going to offer for the hassle and lack of music in the car for the past 3 months?

Comment

I'll make you a cookie in the shape of the citroen logo. Probably the most you could hope for.
                    Originally posted by cyclone
                    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                    Originally posted by Broda
                    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

No offence meant to your country of birth cyclone (or luce23) but this compensation culture makes me feel American.... when I was growing up you were pleased if any issue was sorted, you didn't expect compensation as well...

I've had some niggles with my DS3s (incl 3 Bellones replaced due to corrosion on 2 different dealer trips, radio head unit that used to freeze/crackle and pop etc and was eventually replaced) but didn't feel the need for compensation.
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't usualy demand compensation for anything but what has wound me up with this issue is that the car was sold to me brand new with a known fault, the salesman told me the day I picked it up that they had received an email from Citroen UK stating the media sytem was shutting down.
                        When i contacted the customer service they denied any knowledge of it (so blatently lying to me) then every time I have rang them up asking when the fault is going to be
                        fixed they have stated that my case is an old one and has dropped off the system so a new case has to be opened!
                        Only once since the start of July has the customer service department contacted me.
                        Under trading standards law, it is an offence to sell goods that are known to be faulty, so In this case I was sold a brand new car with a known fault.
                        Ifcrule1972 the issues you mention know doubt developed after you had bought the car, which I accept happens with all goods once you start using them, just like the power
                        steering in my car has played up. Its been looked at and hopefuly permanently fixed and I have made no big issue of it.

Comment

You knew about it! You said they told you and you accepted the car anyway like that.

Comment

I was told there was a fault after I had signed for the car, paid the deposit and sold my old car the previous day. What choice did I have?

Comment

To not accept it, or not start ranting about selling goods known to be faulty when You knew the state of the car when you took it. Now, Citroen customer service is normally a non service kind of thing that deserves all the ranting that can be hurled at it!
                              Last edited by cyclone; 22-10-2015, 17:56.

Comment

out of interest my cousin's Nissan Juke has this exact problem. Just hoping my DS3 Nav I'm picking up on Saturday doesn't have it

Comment

Working...
                                X