This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bazf View Post
    Ran into a few issues during install. Anyone done a Kenwood install as I've got a few questions...

The Kenwood purple patch lead I bought has a rubber covered metal clip. No idea where this should be attached?

Also, the Tekra aerial lead doesn't match the socket on the back of the head Unit. I presume I need an ISO to DIN adaptor?

Also, what is the best way of routing the Bluetooth mic from the back of the unit to somewhere useful?
    Hey,

Yeah I had to buy a converter for my stereo as well for the aerial, that's a simple job, picked one up from my local Maplin and was sorted. As for the patch lead, did you purchase the correct one, I notice they have 2 types for the Kenwood stereoes, you need to read your handbook and find out where the SWC patch lead connects to and that will give you the answer of where that wire connects to, hopefully you got the correct one.

As for the mic, if it's bluetooth cant you just connect it through that, or am I getting confused with something else? My mic for my stereo plugs in, I went out of the back of the stereo, under the drivers footwell, above the fabric where the light is and then up the side panel of the dashboard, up the pillar and clipped in onto my sun visor.

Comment

• I've sorted ISO to din aerial adaptor, cabled my Bluetooth mic, now need stalk control and the blue cable on the tears aerial cable. I've got an unused brown 'mute' wire, blue and yellow 'steering wheel remote input' wire and blue 'ant cont/p cont' wire. I'm presuming the Kenwood purple patch cable attached to the steering wheel Remote input wire and the blue cable on the aerial adaptor attached to the ant cont wire?

Comment

I've sorted ISO to din aerial adaptor, cabled my Bluetooth mic, now need stalk control and the blue cable on the tears aerial cable. I've got an unused brown 'mute' wire, blue and yellow 'steering wheel remote input' wire and blue 'ant cont/p cont' wire. I'm presuming the Kenwood purple patch cable attached to the steering wheel Remote input wire and the blue cable on the aerial adaptor attached to the ant cont wire?
        Without being able to look at it in front of my it's hard to comment, don't want to suggest the wrong thing.

If it's just the steering wheel control interface you need to connect now it's just a matter of finding out where this is on the back of your stereo, for me it was just a small 3.5mm jack, similar to the black socket that looks like I can see in your picture, does your handbook say what does socket is on your particular stereo?

Comment

• I've just searched your handbook online, your want the light blue / yellow cable as you say, connect this up to you patch lead and your good to go. The blue power cable is usually what you would use to power up and amplifier if you had one in your car or a powered antenna, so unless you have an amp in your car, shouldn't even need that one, just leave it covered up to ensure it doesn't come into contact with anything else.

Comment

• Got it installed in the end, thanks to the posters above for the help. Stalk controls still not working but I'm not overly fussed. Paired and made and received call via Bluetooth, played music via Bluetooth and played via USB stick too. I can delve into the stalk not working st a later date.

Comment

• Bravo...

Comment

• After having a look at your car stereos manual you do indeed just need to connect your patch lead up to the yellow and blue cable and that should be it, your steering wheel controls should work after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Berch View Post
                  After having a look at your car stereos manual you do indeed just need to connect your patch lead up to the yellow and blue cable and that should be it, your steering wheel controls should work after that.
                  Yeh, I connected that but had no idea how to connect a bare wire into the terminal with the rubber sheath I ended up crushing them together with pliers before placing the rubber back over the top of the connection. May not be secure enough I guess, if anyone could enlighten me on the correct way to connect them

Also, noticed I have zero MW reception and my FM reception is prone to some interference... Would connected the blue aerial wire on the Tekra cable help rectify this?

Comment

Yeh, I connected that but had no idea how to connect a bare wire into the terminal with the rubber sheath I ended up crushing them together with pliers before placing the rubber back over the top of the connection.
                    Sounds like the right thing Baz. You can pick up a pair of "crimpers" to do the same job effectively if ever you're doing something similar in future

Great work.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

• Originally posted by Berch View Post

Hey,

Yeah I had to buy a converter for my stereo as well for the aerial, that's a simple job, picked one up from my local Maplin and was sorted. As for the patch lead, did you purchase the correct one, I notice they have 2 types for the Kenwood stereoes, you need to read your handbook and find out where the SWC patch lead connects to and that will give you the answer of where that wire connects to, hopefully you got the correct one.

As for the mic, if it's bluetooth cant you just connect it through that, or am I getting confused with something else? My mic for my stereo plugs in, I went out of the back of the stereo, under the drivers footwell, above the fabric where the light is and then up the side panel of the dashboard, up the pillar and clipped in onto my sun visor.
                      Bought a Sony stereo in Halfords today. Wanted a Kenwood, but the staff member helping me said Kenwood are nigh on impossible to fit with Connect2, and they refuse to do it through the Halfords fitting service because of the difficulty and length of time. He said it had previously taken him 3 1/2 hours due to wire cutting, splicing etc etc.

Utterly stumped with the Connect 2 instructions, such as they are. I have the CTSCT008 and this stereo http://www.halfords.com/technology/c...00u-car-stereo Apart from having put the multipatch lead jack in the back of the Sony unit and the other end in the Connects2 box, I've little idea where to go next. Not removed the stock unit yet. Just trying to figure out the basic wiring set up on the table before I get the nitty gritty. I assume the socket that came on the wiring with the Sony plugs in to the one side of the Connects2 box that only has one socket? It the right size, the but number of pins to holes doesn't match, but it doesn't seem like it wants to go in, and I daren't force it, but certainly nothing else I have will fit in the Connect2 box socket.

Comment

• The above is me being dim. Bear. . winter. . not my time of year. I really should be hibernating. Anyway, think I've got the Connects2 all wired up. Had my eureka moment. Now just to fit the stereo.

As for Kenwood, there's a youtube video. It all seems straight forward, so no idea why Halfords have such an aversion to them and Connect2 wiring.

Comment

• Hi.

Has anyone been able to install a Connects2 CTKCT04 kit in a early-2012 DS3? I bought one for a Sony headunit, but I couldn't make it work. I followed manufacturer instructions (https://youtu.be/vY1hJw0oeCg), but I can't get +12V in the final red wire to the headunit, so it won't turn on. Neither steering controls (even without headunit, to enter the car's menu) nor PDC sounds work.

My original headunit is RD45 (similar to RD4, but with integrated bluetooth and USB). The included Connects2 interface included in the CTKCT04 kit (which is composed by interface, fascia and antenna fakra adapter) is the CTSCT008, which is suposed to work with a 2012 DS3 equipped with RD45.

I gave back the kit to the seller, asumming it's faulty, but I need to confirm that this interface (CTSCT008) should work with this setup (DS3 2012 RD45) before buying it again.

Any experience with this kit?

Comment

• Originally posted by elpaquito View Post
                            I gave back the kit to the seller, asumming it's faulty, but I need to confirm that this interface (CTSCT008) should work with this setup (DS3 2012 RD45) before buying it again.
                            Auto-reply: I tried a new kit that works fine, the problem was the firts kit was defective.

Comment

Working...
                            X