Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

La Petite Fusee / The Little Rocket .....Modifications since joining DS3 club.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperkev
    replied
    One needs new holes drilled but easy enough

Leave a comment:

• Hyperkev
    replied
    Was a present from eBay £55 easy swap over

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    True Oli! Can still have fun though! (Even in a diesel!)

Leave a comment:

• Oli
    replied
    Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
    GSR Induction kit will be fitted soon.....less than two weeks until it is on! Starting to have weird dreams about the Police telling me to keep the noise down and slow down!
    I'm sure that won't happen. You're not in Fast and Furious with massive blow off noises. You're in a DS3, not a Skyline.

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    GSR Induction kit will be fitted soon.....less than two weeks until it is on! Starting to have weird dreams about the Police telling me to keep the noise down and slow down!

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    The Citroen alloy pedals do screw to the existing pedals and the others you looked at pictured up above look as if they also screw onto your existing pedals too.Screws are usually little self tapping ones.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones55
    replied
    Thanks! A year of careful consideration and throwing caution to the wind in equal measure.....it`s been a fun ride so far!
    It's difficult to know when enough is enough taste-wise! Quick question about the pedal set; do they screw in in place of the existing aluminium foot pedals directly?

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    Thanks! A year of careful consideration and throwing caution to the wind in equal measure.....it`s been a fun ride so far!

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones55
    replied
    The pedal set pictured above are best shopped around for on Amazon or Ebay,I don`t have the all metal set shown above,but several members do.Online will be cheapest though and you can easily find them by searching for DS3 Alloy Pedal Set or similar. Hope this helps too. Happy Modifying mate!
    Appreciate you looking into it for me Did find that exact set on ebay; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4009899781...84.m1436.l2649 but just shelled out for rear LED light upgrades so £63 seems a lot :/ Like what you've done with the car Jez

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    The pedal set pictured above are best shopped around for on Amazon or Ebay,I don`t have the all metal set shown above,but several members do.Online will be cheapest though and you can easily find them by searching for DS3 Alloy Pedal Set or similar. Hope this helps too. Happy Modifying mate!

Leave a comment:

• kistigun
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones55 View Post
    I know this is a bit of a late response to this, but really interested in these. Do you remember where you got them from, and if you woouldn't mind saying, how much for?
    Cheers
    you can find these on ebay:
    http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Kit-Pedaliera...oAAOSwlV9WSfU0
    http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Pedaliera-Sportiva-Citroen-DS3-silver-/251809771326?hash=item3aa1082f3e:gGYAAOSwzrxUx1dL
    http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Pedaliera-Spo...kAAOSwmrlUx1jM
    http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Pedalier-Alu-...AAAOSwk5FUzyQw

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones55
    replied
    Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
    went for the full set well actually got them for a pressie
    I know this is a bit of a late response to this, but really interested in these. Do you remember where you got them from, and if you woouldn't mind saying, how much for?
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• JEZDS3
    replied
    GSR Induction Kit bought and paid for

Well there are pros and cons to every system and the cost or money we are prepared to spend can have a major bearing on this.

There have been many debates about which induction kit to use or not,cold feed pipes etc.GSR gave their explanation on this too.
    Bottom line is I will never have a 200bhp+ monster with catch cans, a BOV or chrome pipes in my engine bay due to having an HDI diesel engine.

So, informed by the major fact that Mr Aucott had one in his Transformer edition and I liked the sound of his car,I have chosen a simple modification developed for the HDI engine.
    If it makes you happy when you`re driving it then no harm done,if it breaks your engine,then I would be concerned.

Thanks for your input guys.

When the time comes I will probably stick a K&N cone filter on too and upgrade the exhaust!

P.S. I am no expert in these matters and I`m sure it shows,just been having fun for the past year with additions/modifications.

Happy modifying. Jez.
    Last edited by JEZDS3; 28-05-2016, 17:39.

Leave a comment:

• lfcrule1972
    replied
    Yeah that's what I thought too SfG, I have better things to spend the £180 on

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
    Mmmm, I've never been sold by these, the air cone is at the back of the engine, away from the cold air and it just feels like a lot of money mod for not much gain. Obvs I'm prepared to be swayed by your thoughts though Jez
    From what ive read they give zero - negligible performance gain but do change the engine note. I stuck a Pipecross filter in which seems to work ok as the fee is still from the front of the car.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X