Ordered 2nd Jan
      Due 18th March
      Perla Nera Black w/Black Roof 1.6 e-HDi 115 Airdream DSport Plus

Comment

Originally posted by nufc_ds3 View Post
        Wow, and i thought i had a long wait.

Ordered 2nd Jan
        Due 18th March
        How did you get a due date? I ordered on 7th December and they haven't given me any idea of a rough date

Comment

^

*sigh* You don't, you get an estimated time of arrival from your dealer at point of order.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

What was the point in the *Sigh*? I was not given any estimated date apart from February!

Comment

No worries Lee- Biggus just likes *SIGH* ing LOL
              CBLUE
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by lee1101 View Post
                What was the point in the *Sigh*? I was not given any estimated date apart from February!
                Curious to see if you have had any emails in from Citroen about your car, the sigh for dealers who give a "due" date when it is impossible to state when a car will arrive on site for delivery. As a dealer the only thing we can offer is an estimated time judging by the supply bulletin issued at the time.

To be honest with you I never give any handover date until I see 'Headlights'! There are too many variables in the transport process to be 100% actuate and only once the car is delivered can the dealer be in any control of dates.

When you think of how many bums sit on the seats you can understand why, would be great if the factory delivered straight to the dealership but that's never going to happen!

Comment

Originally posted by lee1101 View Post
                  How did you get a due date? I ordered on 7th December and they haven't given me any idea of a rough date
                  Mines a company car and we use something called leaselink which can track the progress of the order.

Its just an estimate at this moment.

Comment

Leaselink is fed by the ordering dealer, they will have to submit an estimate order update once a week.

Comment

hiya bigfeet. I take it when its a febuary build that means all orders up to or around a certian cut off period get built.I ordered end of january (25th) and got a 12 week wait, so presuming some time in april (what i was told) . Just when i read it wasnt sure if i had missed a certain cut off period for that febuary build but everything tallys up to what the salesman said. its the dsport plus

Comment

^ Yes that's very true.

Think of a calender with boxes and each one of those boxes represents a build day but each build day can only hold so many. So when the calender is full any outstanding orders 'roll' into the next month, this is why most customers have a 3 month wait for a factory order. Not because it takes so long to build a car (normally it only takes 8 hours) but because you have to wait for the next available day.

Granted I have simplified the process.

Comment

perfect. 8 hours to make a car :0 even though old thing on top gear last night probalbly took longer (if you seen it )

Comment

Originally posted by walk_86 View Post
                            hiya bigfeet. I take it when its a febuary build that means all orders up to or around a certian cut off period get built.I ordered end of january (25th) and got a 12 week wait, so presuming some time in april (what i was told) . Just when i read it wasnt sure if i had missed a certain cut off period for that febuary build but everything tallys up to what the salesman said. its the dsport plus
                            How accurate are these ETA's? I ordere dby on 3rd Jan with an ETA of 18th March, ive had around 4 updates withe the dates staing as 18th march.

Comment

The delivery of my THP was said to be this week, but last week I was informed that there are delays because of "socio-economical reasons". New delivery date: half March.. (ordered 22th of December, Belgium)

Comment

Has yours left the factory yet nufc_ds3?? I ordered mine on the 15th of January and I got an email saying it left the factory around two weeks ago but I've heard nothing since?

Conyfers.

Comment

Working...
                                X