Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car of the month for me....again [emoji1305]
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

• Originally posted by Funky View Post
      Good to have you back Albish. I've missed your pics and that latest one is fantastic! Look at the gleam and finish on her - just superb!! As for that video, wow she really packs a punch and leaves that Golf for dead - brilliant!! I'm a big fan of your work and can't wait to see more
      Thank you Funky, will try to update more now as weather got better and i got 'freeer' :P

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
      Yeah love your updates always a great read
      Thanks mate

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
      Car of the month for me....again [emoji1305]
      Thank you Jamie I wanna see your racing in that post first

And heres another pic from today, she went in for a full polishing and ceramic coating, stickers had to be off for the treatment so new stickers on Monday

Cheers
      DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
        Car of the month for me....again [emoji1305]
        Jamie I need your help :P Today took the boost pipes off to clean the engine from polish powder, and also checked for oil in pipes an everything seem ok.
        However when I took the GFB DV out i noticed this black build up, is this normal? as I doesn't look good to me...

Cheers
        DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

• Is it oily?
          White on red THP
          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Is it oily?
            Yep it was kind of oil, not completely dry feeling

Comment

• I would presume that's normal then. I've never ran a dv+ so couldn't say for sure.
              White on red THP

Comment

I would presume that's normal then. I've never ran a dv+ so couldn't say for sure.
                I was worried as turbo started showing signs of 'exhaust gases escaping' dont really know how they say in english, but a black 'coating' around turbine housing, its still very little but I think i must fast forward to a new turbo

Thanks a lot

Comment

• What boost was you running? Maybe it's getting too hot?
                  White on red THP

Comment

What boost was you running? Maybe it's getting too hot?
                    1.5 bar, it still holds boost ok from what I can tell looking at logs, just that blackish 'coating'... It is very possible its running too hot, and my 'electric water pump' started making strange noises so its definitely not working well :\

I just can't decide if I should go Franken, or RCZ R, have u had any experience with any of them?

Comment

• I would say that is far too much boost in respect to turbocharger longevity, it will be well out of its best efficiency range.
                      Even at 1.35bar things get glowing red hot, enough to light a cigarette [emoji23]
                      Wish I could get hold of the correct compressor charts for these turbos.
                      RCZ R is something I'm considering, if Thepnl's R56 is anything to go by.
                      Turbo and manifold is around £1500 so that's not to bad. It will be a tight fit for sure. May need to cut away some of the fan cowl and change intercooler to single pass using the one from the RCZ R.
                      White on red THP

Comment

I would say that is far too much boost in respect to turbocharger longevity, it will be well out of its best efficiency range.
                        Even at 1.35bar things get glowing red hot, enough to light a cigarette [emoji23]
                        Wish I could get hold of the correct compressor charts for these turbos.
                        RCZ R is something I'm considering, if Thepnl's R56 is anything to go by.
                        Turbo and manifold is around £1500 so that's not to bad. It will be a tight fit for sure. May need to cut away some of the fan cowl and change intercooler to single pass using the one from the RCZ R.
                        Yes you warned me when I first told I it was boosting 1.5bar :P But I kept it like this as I was planning to change the turbo ever since...
                        But the lack of compressor info is keeping me away, I have a friend of my fathers who can do a hybrid, but he coulnt suggest any 'size' for my setup as he's used to VAG Group only (thats what he said...)
                        I've read everything on Thepnl's thread, love that mini
                        I can get both for 1500 euros exactly from a dealer here, Franken is definitely the cheaper option. But hybrid would be even cheaper, but I want a turbo to work within its efficiency range, and I think RCZ R at 300bhp would still be a bit out of its range :\...

Today while peeking through Oil Cap I could see very little, but still there, pitting on cam lobes, so I guess Cams will be before the turbo... Already emailed CatCams and Shrick, so will see

Thank You and Cheers

Comment

• Albish where diff you get those headlight brows from?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
                            Albish where diff you get those headlight brows from?
                            They are from Vmaxx (not V-Maxx tho) the german Vmaxx :P Here's the link https://www.vmaxx.de/headlight-surro...oen-ds3?left=1

and if the link dosn't work, Article name: headlight surround for CITROEN DS3, Article number: VM02493

Cheers

Comment

• Amazing build. Mirin hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Torque plez View Post
                                Amazing build. Mirin hard.
                                Thanks mate

Comment

Working...
                                X