No announcement yet.

albish DS3 Racing | Engine Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did write a post on 15th as it was my forum birthday too (1 year) , but for some reason it hasn't come up... so here it is again

I just wanted to thank all you for the great support and a great forum, I will be here as long as it lives as my car is a gift i won't sell so cheers to another year

Now to the car, my Racing had a 'flu' recently, it started shaking very badly on hard acceleration from low/stop speed, the shaking semed from the right side (passager here) and since the car has had it's right suspension damaged before, and the only thing that was not changed was CV Joint, out first thought was a bad inner cv joint...

After lifting the car we did notice the right wheel was really bent on the inside, and the engine mount was completely worn out, so orderd the Powerflex mount and also the right cv axel as we had some money left at the dealership, and it was relatively cheap... Also it's having its wheel repaired on monday, I will try the engine mount and wheel fix before installing the new joint just to see if the shaking disappears with those two only...

Also my map is ready so as soon as the car is back on the road will get the map and see how it goes...

Cheers
    DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Update on the Racing...

Changed the inner CV joint, and now the car accelerates smoothy once again, also fixed the wheel...

Now my car is ready for the remap, I've emailed Stelios@eTuners so now I'm just waiting for him to send me the file and will report on the results )
      I did also book a Dyno run on weekend so will compare some numbers too...

Cheers
      DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Originally posted by albish View Post
        Now my car is ready for the remap, I've emailed Stelios@eTuners so now I'm just waiting for him to send me the file and will report on the results )
        I did also book a Dyno run on weekend so will compare some numbers too...
        Looking forward to seeing your results
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I've re-scheduled the dyno run for next week as I still didn't get the map from Stelios, meanwhile thought I'd share some pic's and a quick video of Wheel Straightening...

I'm curios to know how much would this cost in UK, I did a straightening and balancing all in 10 euros, and in the best shop here... I just told this to my friend who lives in US and he was shocked as they get charged 130$ for that...

https://youtu.be/duZDsxpSRMc

Cheers

Comment

Hope all is safe and sound now and car will drive better than ever!
            LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Straightening in Germany costs me 30-40€
              Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
              DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Thank You Jez

Well considering it's a 'german job' that's not bad at all Shiro

I was bored yesterday so did another 'mod' (CF wrapped the plate numbers), and I quite like how it looks...

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by albish View Post
                  Well considering it's a 'german job' that's not bad at all Shiro
                  The guys who done that were from the Kosovo
                  And I must say they done a nice job

Comment

Originally posted by Shiro View Post
                    The guys who done that were from the Kosovo
                    And I must say they done a nice job
                    That's nice
                    Actually the owner of this shop lives in Germany too, and has a shop there also but I don't know where I will make sure to ask him next time

Comment

Any thoughts on this? I did a Torque Pro Test Scan today, and saw these errors...
                      Car is running fine, but it did not have it's codes cleared from citoren after rebuild (as it wasn't done at citoren) so maybe that's why..., I booked a appointment for friday, and maybe my map will be ready till then so I can dyno it on weekend

Cheers

Comment

Picture quality is too poor to see, can you re upload in better quality?
                        White on red THP
                        Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

I just re-uploaded them as JPGS instead of PNG, and they're also thumbnails so you can click for bigger pic, but also wrote the errors under the pics... Thank You Jamie

MID: $02 TID:$02
                          O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2
                          Lean to Rich sensor threshold
                          voltage(constant)
                          Min: 0.723V Max: 0.723V
                          Current: 0.723V

MID:$21 TID:$81
                          Catalyst Monitor Bank 1

Min:4,096 Max: 65,535
                          Current: 42

MID:$81 TID:$3b
                          Fuel System Monitor Bank 1

Min: 1,105.6 Max: -2,457.6
                          Current: -3,264

MID:$81 TID:$40

MID:$81 TID:$4a

MID:$81 TID:$68

Min: 8,224 Max: -24,213
                          Current: 26,752

MID:$81 TID:$6d

P.S. When I changed to Bastuck De-Cat I didn't get the Engine Light! And as I mentioned it never had the original codes (Super Kncok, Misfire...) cleared by Citoren...
                          Last edited by albish; 11-02-2016, 11:25.

Comment

When you De-Cat it and not map it for this some of the faults are just normal

Comment

Originally posted by Shiro View Post
                              When you De-Cat it and not map it for this some of the faults are just normal
                              That's what I thought, but was a bit worried about the Fuel System errors as i saw hpfp can go 'pop' too...

Was at dealership on friday, and guess what they couldn't get their 'tool' (i assume lexia, as I only wanted a diagnostics check) to work as they didn't use it for long, now im rebooked for monday as they will be contacting their main dealer which is in another country...

Comment

Finally my car is remapped with eTuners Stage II De-Cat,

I did flash the remap on friday, but had a really heavy rain weekend so didn't have a chance to really try it till today... so went for a longer drive today about 400km, and I can say car feels better than ever!!! (touch wood, haha) The power delivery feels earlier in the rpm, and the car starts 'screaming' at as low as 2000 rpm, also the exhaust note sounds better (or maybe it just me)
                                The overall response is great, it kind of feels like a different car it just wants to pull, acceleration on 2nd and 3rd is 'orgasmic' definitely much better than the 'Vector-Tuning' piggyback I had.

And knowing that this is just the first 'modest' map with 98RON (I still use 100RON but this is just to see how things go) , I must say I am very very happy with the result and can't wait for the next stage We are planning some more mods for the car, currently discussing a custom manifold and a custom intercooler, and a WMI Kit very soon.

Did a rolling start (40 km/h) test with two friends of mine, a BMW 330i and a Golf 6 GTi, even I was surprised to see them that far in the mirrors...

Also the Dyno guys were closed this weekend so some 'numbers' some time next week...

Cheers
                                Last edited by albish; 22-02-2016, 23:02.

Comment

Working...
                                X