No announcement yet.

albish DS3 Racing | Engine Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oz Superturismo wheels are fantastic, I'd had some on an E36 Beemer they looked great.

Comment

A bit of update on my racing... Today coming from a longer trip 800km, the brakes started making noises on the half way so when arrived back home I've cheked them and the right disc (one that was making noise) is a bit damaged...

Left one seems ok

I already have spares so going to change them tomorrow, hope the disc is okay as I was planning on Tarox Disc but on march when i get my roll bar...

Also got a radar detector as a gift, its a Cobra XRS which i'm going to test very soon

Cheers
      DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Originally posted by albish View Post
        Also looking for Winter Tires now, maybe i will fit some OZ Superturismo GT 17", found them at a decent price so maybe an update next week...
        Dose anyone know if they are a straight fit or need a spacer ?
        Do you have a Link? You need 4x108, center bore 65.1 and a maximum of Offset 25.
        Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
        DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

No because it was a private seller, I went and tired them yesterday and the steering was very weird, I was thinking maybe because of the tyres (NANKANG) never heard of them before... The wheels fitted right tho.

I also found a pair of these at a very good price 500 euros for 4 of them new! but they are 19 inch... so decisions.....
          DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Changed the break pads and also 'reworked' the discs, they feel great

Also my father did a small crack today on my NEW splitter... this splitter is a real pain, gonna have it changed again in summer (insurance ofc, not paying again) and keep this one for winter only...
            dose anyone have any tips on how to prevent it from cracking more?

Cheers
            Last edited by albish; 19-12-2015, 21:16.

Comment

You could just fit the THP rubber skirt- altho wont look as fancy

Ed: Or the leon cupra r splitter you could carbon fibre wrap (Its smaller than the DS3 R splitter)
              Last edited by Chris_Blue; 20-12-2015, 09:38.
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

I really like how it looks, i think the issue is that the splitter is empty inside, while the side skirts are layers of carbon on top of a plastic base, you could literally take the carbon off and be left with the standard plastic skirt...
                was also thinking of putting some 'window sealing foam' behind the spliter to give it some more support although it would be more rigid too that way...

i saw the leon cupra r splitter but i don't think it will connect well with the side arches on the racing...

Its barley noticable but u can see it if you look for it

Thats what happend at the old one same place

and a crack on the other side...

Maybe will put the ELF logo back and it will cover the 'scar'

P.S I quite like the APR Performance Splitter and i think it would look good with the roll-bar on... so maybe after this winter

Cheers

Comment

Some more updates, it's time for a Remap!

I've been talking with Stelios (eTuners) for a while, he's been very helpful and it's been a great experience with him, this week I have just received their OBDII chip! So did read the ECU today and sent it back to Stelios to confirm if it can be remapped via OBD Port, or if it's the new ECU.

Anyhow, I am going to Athens as soon as I get my Visa procedures done, which can take up to 2-3 months , so meanwhile I'm hoping it's the old ECU and I can have a remap till the visa is done, also would be good to try the car with the remap on route to Athens as it's a good 800km drive.

The car feels great, and I'm planning on a Boosted Lunch Control and maybe No Shift Lift too.

OBDII Chip and FlasherTHP App

Reading the ECU...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to ya'll

Cheers
                  Last edited by albish; 27-12-2015, 00:12.

Comment

Sounds great Albish- keep us posted :-)
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

I got it confirmed by Stelios that my ecu is tunable with the FlasherTHP and the OBDII Port

So soon enough I will be trying my map, and than have it fine tuned on the dyno when I manage to get the Visa and go to Greece...

The car has been running great, it just did 2200 km after the rebuild today and been drinking 100 Octane only

Cheers

Comment

Sounds really good Albish- have you tracked it yet?
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Not yet Chris, as there is no dyno in my country Third world...

But I will be traveling to a near by country at the end of the month so a dyno run will follow soon.

I would like to know the power without the remap too as we did 'mechanically' advance the timing a bit and I cannot feel the absence of the Vector Tunning, it feels almost the same, the throttle response its just better with the Chip.
                          Before the rebuild you could really feel the chip... But then again maybe its all in my mind...

Cheers

Comment

Dear Albish

You have done a nice work. I am so interested of exactly the items you have put in. If you can give the spec for Pistons fron Wossner and the items from Mahle. My car is in Sweden and I have not found any that will remap a DS3 yet so I have only chip tuned mine.

Al best Ulrik
                            DS3 Cab THP155 projekt. Forge Intercooler & dump valve, Cobra 2,5" exhause and fullflow cat, Devil water/metanol injection. Modyfied DS3R turbo with bigger commpressor turbine.

Comment

Thank You and Welcome Ulrix,

I will list the 'things' I did after the rebuild, if you need anything else please feel free to ask:

Wossner Forged Pistons (Bore: 77.00mm, Stroke: 85.8mm, Compression: 10.5:1)
                              Mahle Con Rod Bearings (Small E: 20.00mm, Big E: 48.00mm) (We decided to go Mahle (OEM) because we were surprised of their superb condition after 20.000km)
                              Cylinder Head Porting (This was done to increase power and minimize the issue of carbon build up, which wasn't bad on my engine considering how they tend to be)
                              Bastuck De-Cat (Bastuck downpipe, heat shield wrapped)
                              'Straight Pipe' (Free flow straight pipe to the muffler, still have the OEM muffler tho because my father think it looks better, but I will change it soon)
                              Elring Headgasket (Same thickness, just new)
                              Oil Sump (It didn't come off as it should so changed it too)
                              Magnetic Oil Drain Plug (Just useful)
                              Spark Plug (Just 4 new Spark Plug from Citroen)
                              Motul Oil (Motul 300V Competition 15w50 Racing Oil)

I had Chip Tune (Vector-Tuning) too before the rebuild, but I like the remap more as I can add Anti-Lag and No-Lift-Shift as my cars goes to most of the race events on my country...
                              And there's no one on my country either that can do a remap, but I'm doing it with eTuners, as you can see in my latest posts, I will update as more comes

Cheers
                              Last edited by albish; 07-01-2016, 22:10.

Comment

I've been searching municipality website for some information and came across some photos of the Mayor having a ride in my DS3 at the Opening of Slalom 2015, and thought I'd share

and this awful edit, why would they...

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X