albish DS3 Racing | Engine Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
    Which springs and shocks are you using. Looks bang on to me.
    I got the 'Bilstein B8 Shocks' with 'Eibach Pro-kit Springs', which is the same as 'Bilstein B12 Pro-kit' but I couldn't get my hands on the kit so had to buy them separately. Thanks

Cheers
    Last edited by albish; 19-04-2016, 23:12.
    DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

albish DS3 Racing | Engine Rebuild

Have you got part number for your Bilstein, I can't find them in the catalogue...only B6 sport.
      White on red THP
      Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Looking good! Bet you are enjoying driving your DS3 Racing again!
        LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Have you got part number for your Bilstein, I can't find them in the catalogue...only B6 sport.
          Here's the part number for the shocks 35-223306 (Bilstein B8 Sprint), I will try and find it for the springs too when I get home

DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
            Looking good! Bet you are enjoying driving your DS3 Racing again!
            Thanks I am actually abusing it, second tank this week and its only thursday haha

Comment

Is that a kit number or an individual shock absorber?
              I'll speak to Aaron at Bilstein tomorrow and get them ordered up.
              White on red THP
              Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

It's for the individual shock absorber, I couldn't get a kit so I 'made' it, got the spring two weeks after my shocks. Couldn't find the package of springs to check the part number but I will see again tomorrow...
                Im sure you will love them

Comment

Is that a kit number or an individual shock absorber?
                  I'll speak to Aaron at Bilstein tomorrow and get them ordered up.
                  And for the springs E10-70-009-01-22, I couln't find the packge to take a pic but I found the part nr in the 'email order'... hope it helps

Cheers

Comment

Did a Service yesterday and an inspection, look good all around

It's been 6500km (4000 miles) after rebuild, and there was no oil loss at all... I liked the Motul so went for 300V Competition 15w50 again...

Capacity: 4.25
                    Filter Capacity: 0.25

and some pics...

there's a thing here that almost 80% of newer cars are white... :/

Cheers

Comment

Haven't been here in a while so heres an update

I've had the Battery Icon on dash for almost a weeks but didn't have time to check it... and 3 days ago car showed 'Engine Fault: Repair Needed' (which went off when I restarted the car) but it made me look at the codes...
                      So today I've had some time to check them with eTuners LionHeart, and there's two codes logged:

P2603 - Coolant Pump Control Circuit High
                      P3011 - ? (from what I found, fuel pump relay - short to positive)

I am assuming they can be both a fault caused by Battery which sure does need to be replaced, so going to replace it tomorrow and see if they come back again...
                      I can also hear the pump the cools the turbo after the car is shut, its making a strange noise, well the same noise it always makes but with pauses...

Also my dads co-driver bought a new car after owning an old mini for almost 25 years... and it's this beast, the new Ford Focus RS, that I had the chance to drive yesterday, I've tried the A45 AMG a while back, well I can say that the ford is muuuch more fun, I dont know what it is but this car has something special in it , the way it pushes out of the corner left me speechless and the sound is just amazing, as we all like good cars thought I'd share this

Cheers

Comment

That Focus looks great! Saw one on the road today, sounds good too.
                        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Don`t,you`ll give Oli ideas!

sigpic

Comment

And here's a video I made today racing a Mercedes S500 (not AMG, 5.5L 380HP)

I was at the gas station and this guy asked me about my engine displacement, and when I answered 1600cc, he's reaction was 'oh by the looks of it I thought it was a fast car'... So ofc I offered him to try a little drag race, which he was fairly confident he'd win in his 2.5 ton yaht, he even said 'let's see if you can read my registration plate from back there...' He was right I couldn't read his plates from my rear-view mirror

I then waited for him to come closer and see he's face, but he stayed back and turned in the first corner he found haha

Cheers

Comment

Yeah, some guys forget it`s about the horsepower per ton (Power to Weight ratio) Bet he was a sore loser!

Hope you got your engine sorted out with the fault codes.

sigpic

Comment

I like it hehe

Comment

Working...
                                X