No announcement yet.

albish DS3 Racing | Engine Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you made any logs yet? What boost is it running now?
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Tried to log the trip today but when I came home the data was blank I'll fix it tomorrow and post a log.

From what I could see live on Torque Pro, It's boosting 1.6bar till red-line, and I saw 1.3bar boost on the red-line! I can definitely hear more of the turbo noise with my windows down!
      DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

1.6 bar sounds a bit high, I would aim for 1.3-1.35 peak tailing off to 1.15
        White on red THP
        Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
          1.6 bar sounds a bit high, I would aim for 1.3-1.35 peak tailing off to 1.15
          Did some testing and logs today, and I guess the 1.6 bar was a boost spike or maybe that's how the Torque App reads/rounds the 1.54bar boost.

Car is boosting 1.54 bar peak and tailing off to exactly 1.15 at redline! Also noticed that the Air Intake Temp was max at 48C, but it's still cold outside... so I'm getting my WMI Kit as soon as possible

I'm deciding between AEM and Snow Performance, any advice on that? I know Ragnarok used to have DevilsOwn, did you install yours Jamie? Dose it have a progressive controller like the AEM and SP?
          DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Not fitted mine yet, email Devils Own aka Bruce, they have package with a progressive controller, you'll need the smallest nozzle they do I believe. Mount nozzle just after intercooler but before air temp sensor
            White on red THP

Comment

I've emailed all of them will see the responses and decide what to get, I do like the AEM controller 'racing' look, and don't the 'chrome' controller of DevlisOwn, but that wouln't keep me from getting DevilsOwn

Also, the Roll Bar is going in next week, we went for a custom made one as had too many issues with shipping Wieschers Sport... The design of roll bar is all done by my father and the build is being done by a steel constriction company whom previously had their roll bars homologated and accepted according to FIA Appendix J. It's being made with Fe45 steel which is lighter and can tolerate more pressure, so maybe a bit of weight reduction too...

Cheers

Comment

Must admit he controller doesn't look pretty on the Devils own system,l
                White on red THP

Comment

Since there's no tracks for a track day in my country, here's a short video of a joyful ride round the Hill Climb Course 'Grashtica'

Car is feeling great (touch wood, haha!) and I've started loving the pull on other gears too not just the 2nd and 3rd ;p 4th gear pull on hill climb was surprisingly fast although didn't push it hard...

Cheers
                  Last edited by albish; 29-02-2016, 10:49.

Comment

Liked the video of your hill climb! Best bit was overtaking an ancient Opel?
                    Last edited by JEZDS3; 07-03-2016, 19:18.
                    LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

I'm glad you liked it Jez Overtaking is always the best bit isn't it

There's too many of these 'ancient pearls' now in my city as they've removed the limit from importing older cars, specially old Opels from Germany and old BMW from UK...

Comment

Been a while since I've been here, working on my thesis and things like that... Here's a bit of update on my Racing...

Had a small accident on Sunday night, so was without my car this week, and was quite surprised how 'strong' the DS3 is... And I've also used the time to fill my engine mount with Urethane as I still can't get my hands on a Powerflex mount, but this thing works like charm! I love it

This is how a 'No signal, cross section, changing lanes' guy looks like

Also did a light polish just to 'brighten' the blacks...

The carbon is matt again, as they had to polish some fine scratches, will post another pic tomorrow...

On a mosquito killing spree this morning

Bonus A$$ this thing is insane, 750 HP and Armytrix Exhaust huhhh....

Some more Suzuki...

Bonus 'Race' with Corsa 1.6 16V haha

Cheers
                        Last edited by albish; 07-04-2016, 23:39.

Comment

Gave her a good sunday wash and body job inspection, and I am very happy with the result...

Here's some pics... although its strange the color looks more orange in some pics...

Anyone know how to remove those scratches on plastic (at shoe level, on drivers side)? I hate them!

I'm loving this wash&wax thing, and I don't use the sponge in the car its just for the wheels

The new filter came yesterday so will do a oil change tomorrow...

Cheers
                          Last edited by albish; 10-04-2016, 22:07.

Comment

Had some time to play with Lightroom as it's been a while since i've used it, and I quite like the result so thought i'd share

Cheers
                            Last edited by albish; 17-04-2016, 22:51.

Comment

Looks great
                              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Which springs and shocks are you using. Looks bang on to me.
                                White on red THP

Comment

Working...
                                X