No announcement yet.

Emyway/DAB cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair it only affected a few VIN's but the latest software should have remedied this from happening in future.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

To be fair it only affected a few VIN's but the latest software should have remedied this from happening in future.
      Is there a way to check whether you have an affected VINs and which software you have?

Just received a new car yesterday and thankfully no problems although it's only done a few miles. Would be good to be 100% sure.

Comment

Mine appears to be fixed now, the new unit is behaving itself, spent last week travelling around West Dorset, Devon and east Cornwall with no problems, DAB didn't cut out
        once.

Comment

Here we go again......radio switched itself off 3 times in space of 5 minutes then took 3 minutes to switch back on again!!! Haaaaa

Comment

Glad to know its not just me that has been having this problem. I picked up my 65 plate D Style Nav mid September. Within a week the touch screen kept rebooting every 4 minutes. So far I have had it back at the dealership twice. The last time was early October and it has been totally fine until tonight. Same thing. Every 4 minutes it switches itself off and on again. Annoying.

Comment

Had my 65 plate DStyle Nav since October. Cutting out on DAB / Sat Nav is happening more and more with mine at the mo, no pattern to it either. Has anyone had the software upgrade / fix for this issue recently. Is it worth taking it to my local dealership yet ?

TIA.
              Driving Instructor.

Comment

Oh no! My brand new DS3 (just delivered today) has this issue! It also seems not to remember setting and options when they have been changed and saved. Needs a serious firmware update ASAP!
                DStyle Nav BlueHDI 100 - Nera Black All Over

Comment

What are Citroen playing at? Mine has still got a mind of its own, I've managed to capture some of it on video, so I don't get laughed at next
                  time I take it back.
                  I thought it was only the early facelifted cars that had the problem?

Is it time for all of us to contact BBC Watchdog?

Comment

I spoke to my dealer today about a two week old car, with the radio/DAB cutting out approx. every 3 mins. Said to bring it in - great I though. Next available date - 5th January. I was not told about this issue when I purchased the car, should I have been told. Any tips to be seen by Citroen quicker 3 weeks seems a long time.

Comment

I've fired off an email asking about this issue to about 15 dealers this evening. Will update with any responses of interest.

Comment

Just out of interest, what version firmware are people's touchscreens running? Mine is smeg6.0.E.R6.

I've done some searching around, including on various French and Spanish forums (mainly Peugeot ones), and from what I can tell DS3s with the touchscreen have hardware which is known either as the "SMEG+ evo" or the "SMEGiv2". This runs firmware versions 6.x.

The latest 6.x firmware being talked about for this type of hardware appears to be 6.1.D.R8, and it sounds like this also includes Apple Car Play functionality (but Car Play may be a paid option). This firmware is available online, but the question is whether there is, or needs to be, a specific firmware for DS's / Citroen's, and also for UK market vehicles.

I should add that nothing I've read about this later firmware indicates whether it would fix the cutting out problem - probably as this is apparently a problem that is limited to UK cars.
                        Last edited by allblackds3; 15-12-2015, 23:39. Reason: add comments about cutting out problem

Comment

Mine is playing up again. Sometimes it switches off every 4 minutes. Sometimes it works perfectly fine. Going to ring the dealer up today and book it it for its 3rd visit in as many months. It will probably be another software update. Getting pretty sick of driving back to the dealers every month for a software update now to be honest. I'm essentially paying for a faulty extra on the car. If it needs another visit after this 3rd one, it will be to give them the keys back and tell them to stuff it.

Comment

1st Dealer response received: There is a software update to a higher level that should resolve the issues that you are experiencing.

I have heard of a couple of units requiring updates and to my knowledge once carried out the customers issues have been resolved. The unit firmware update will take it too 6.1.D.R8
                            Last edited by allblackds3; 16-12-2015, 12:13.

Comment

Originally posted by neilo86 View Post
                              Mine is playing up again. Sometimes it switches off every 4 minutes. Sometimes it works perfectly fine. Going to ring the dealer up today and book it it for its 3rd visit in as many months. It will probably be another software update. Getting pretty sick of driving back to the dealers every month for a software update now to be honest. I'm essentially paying for a faulty extra on the car. If it needs another visit after this 3rd one, it will be to give them the keys back and tell them to stuff it.
                              Which version are you currently on?

Comment

Originally posted by allblackds3 View Post
                                Which version are you currently on?
                                Not sure... how do you check?

I picked the car up in September, and I had 2 software updates between then and early October.

Comment

Working...
                                X