Ragnarok's Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor status update

After plugged rear PCV, the OCC hooked in front PCV collects a lot more liquid (mostly condensation water from ethanol).
    Have had issues with clutch since (no feeling until pressed halfway down, air?) it was "fixed" by Citroen Finland in 2012. Now when we have had over -20C it suddenly started working after being out one night at the front yard?

Today had brake fluid service, oil temp sensor gauge, and left driving light bulb replaced. That sensor is one pain in the ass to replace.

Have had issues with right rear tire locking up after car has stayed outside for few hours. During brake service noticed that the handbrake wire wrap had damaged and thus "locks" when moist freezes there.
    Also, it seems the battery is dying. Needs to be replaced soon. And the windscreen is still cracked and must be replaced before MOT in the summer.

Well that's about it. I've never had a car that requires this much service, all the time.
    Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
    ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
    sigpic

Comment

• You will notice high positive pressure from the oil filler cap with the blanking caps on, chuffs out like a steam train. I took them off in the end as I didn't like the excessive pressure in the engine and it was causing blow by. Best solution is to fit catch tank on rear PCV as well.
      Either that or modify the flaps inside the rocker cover.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
      Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
      White on red THP
      Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

• ^ ^ Will see how my exisiting front PCV catch can fares, and will put one on my rear PCV too, if i can find it?
        Wheres best place tofind it?
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
          ^ ^ will put one on my rear PCV too, if i can find it?
          Wheres best place tofind it?
          ?

www.SPTuning.co.uk
          White on red THP
          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

• Dunno about pressure issues, but at least after plugging all hesitation and uneven idle disappeared.
            ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
              ?
              www.SPTuning.co.uk
              I know its LHS of engine, but think its down low? comes out of the back of the rocker cover i think, then where does it go to the front?
              Is it visible
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

I know its LHS of engine, but think its down low? comes out of the back of the rocker cover i think, then where does it go to the front?
                Is it visible
                Rear PCV? It goes from rear-upper left corner of rocker cover, below intake manifold to the right side of intake manifold. In a form of S.

sigpic

Comment

• See the screw above "Citroen Racing" label? Below / in front of it.

sigpic

Comment

• Thanks Rag :star:
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

• Have to agree with Jamie, blow by is enormous with caps on. Removed 'em.

Also, lost turbo today, or more likely the pressure. No error codes, no broken IC piping / hosing. Maybe BOV? Plastic / rubber seems intact, but could the module itself be broken? Disconnecting the power plug on BOV created error code.

sigpic

Comment

• You going to fit a rear catch can then Rag?

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                        You will notice high positive pressure from the oil filler cap with the blanking caps on, chuffs out like a steam train. I took them off in the end as I didn't like the excessive pressure in the engine and it was causing blow by. Best solution is to fit catch tank on rear PCV as well.
                        Either that or modify the flaps inside the rocker cover.
                        www.SPTuning.co.uk
                        ^ ^ How should the flaps inside the rocker cover be modified?
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

• Should not need one there is nothing coming out of mine at the rear
                          DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

• You've got a rear catch can then ds3r
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

• Notice there's a small vacuum now you've put the rear pipe back on.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                              White on red THP

Comment

You going to fit a rear catch can then Rag?

^ ^ How should the flaps inside the rocker cover be modified?
                                Never really had a good look to the inards of the rocker cover but it could be possible to remove some of the internal plastics and vent the front PCV constantly open. Then just put the blanking caps on the rear PCV.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                                White on red THP

Comment

Working...
                                X