No announcement yet.

albish DS3 Racing | Engine Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You Jez, I am waiting to see also what Citoren says and then proceed, at the moment the car is running fine, so Im hoping just issues from bad battery...

Thanks Hyperkev

Cheers
    DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Tire Lettering

It's been a while since I've updated the thread didn't have much time recently, so heres a little detail I did over the weekend.
      I used Schneider Maxx 270 White Paint Marker, and till now it's holding pretty well, it's been almost a week, 2 car washes and the pics were taken today

it was a small slope where i took the pic, hence the horrific wheel gap but i love the lettering

Cheers
      Last edited by albish; 23-06-2016, 18:29.
      DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Love those wheels!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Thank You

Comment

Still,looking good,you still loving your DS3 R!
              LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Fantastic bronzed wheels and lettering Albish
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Yesterday my Lower Engine Mount (Engine Stabiliser Mounting) broke completely, I can literally move my engine by hand...

It was very hard selecting a gear, so the car is pretty much underivable, went to garage this morning expecting there was a Clutch issue, as it seemed like it, but both my father and the mechanic say that it's due to Engine-Gearbox linkage because the mount can't keep the engine into place... Couldn't take pics as my phone was out of battery... the rubber part of the mount it's not there anymore, not even a single piece of it left...

When the car is off, or in neutral (without applying throttle) you can change gear normally, so let's hope they're right...

That's what he sent to me... haha

Already ordered a new mount, and a new chain tensioner while I was here, so hoping for them to be here by tomorrow, and will post the updates

P.S. Thanks Guys I still love her although she's a bad girl sometimes haha.

Cheers
                  Last edited by albish; 04-07-2016, 12:59.

Comment

How's the engine rebuild settling in?
                    White on red THP
                    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by albish View Post
                      Yesterday my Lower Engine Mount (Engine Stabiliser Mounting) broke completely, I can literally move my engine by hand...

It was very hard selecting a gear, so the car is pretty much underivable, went to garage this morning expecting there was a Clutch issue, as it seemed like it, but both my father and the mechanic say that it's due to Engine-Gearbox linkage because the mount can't keep the engine into place... Couldn't take pics as my phone was out of battery... the rubber part of the mount it's not there anymore, not even a single piece of it left...

When the car is off, or in neutral (without applying throttle) you can change gear normally, so let's hope they're right...

That's what he sent to me... haha

Already ordered a new mount, and a new chain tensioner while I was here, so hoping for them to be here by tomorrow, and will post the updates

P.S. Thanks Guys I still love her although she's a bad girl sometimes haha.

Cheers
                      Who doesn't love a bad girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                        How's the engine rebuild settling in?
                        It's done 9800 km (~6000miles) after the rebuild, and no issues so far, it actually feels like it really likes to rev It hasn't been using oil at all (don't know it that's a good thing with these engines...) but first oil change at 5000miles, we drained a full 4l, and there was a good bit of oil in the filter too... I'm guessing it's because the thicker oil I use, but we don't see it doing any harm, till now

I'm planning some more things for august, looking at Frankenturbo F21p at the moment and debating wether i should change cams first, or go with the turbo...

Thank You for asking,

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
                          Who doesn't love a bad girl.
                          Wallets hahaha

Comment

Clutch Time (& Flywheel)

As I suspected the clutch is gone... and with gone I mean shred to pieces. After changing the mount and still having issues with changing gears, we decided take the transsmission off and see whats what.

It took them about 4 hours to take everything out of the way and finally have a look at the transmission, clutch was completely shredded they we're surprised I drove it there, with it breaking into pieces the flywheel doesn't look good either... it has heat and spring damage ... so new flywheel too.

Already ordered the Sachs Performance XTend Kit, new Release Bearing, and new Slave Cylinder.
                            I have three options for flywheel's Sachs DualMass Flywheel (12kg), Helix SingleMass Flywheel (6kg) and TTV Lightweight (4.9kg). They have Sachs and Helix on Stock not far from my country, and I will need to order it tomorrow so will try to decide tonight...

Clutch

Piece of ... Clutch

Flywheel

My car courtesy car till I get mine fixed, my fathers Lorinser ML55 mighty V8

Pretty decent miles/gallon hahah

Cheers
                            Last edited by albish; 11-07-2016, 21:03.

Comment

Sachs Clutch & Flywheel (Fitted)

So today this happened, finally everything is here, had to stay a bit later than working hours but managed to finish it today!

Clutch: Sachs Performance Xtend
                              Flywheel: Sachs Performance DMF
                              Other: New Slave Cylinder and Release Bearing, from Sachs too.

Gearbox Oil: Motul MotylGear 75W80
                              Break/Clutch Fluid: Motul DOT 5.1

Also while inspecting we saw that the rear PCV was leaking due to bad seal, so fixed that temporary as Citroen needs another 3 weeks for new seal... and noticed that the right front triangle arm ball joint was loose, so went to Peugeot dealership and managed to find one for 207 on stock, which is the same as DS3 so got that solved too

Car feels great, and having changed the clutch and engine mount at the same time, huuhh it really feels different when changing gears and generally much 'stiffer'.
                              Clutch biting point is now quite low, almost twice as low as it was, but i love it, almost stalled it on first start tho haha

Cheers
                              Last edited by albish; 21-07-2016, 22:55.

Comment

I have a Sachs clutch in my THP

Comment

Working...
                                X